Old 06-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Advocate

Eldritch undead perhaps, but how?
Did Big-U's Curse effect entire Cairn back in days since I don't think Eldritch portfolio has undead aspects..?
Old 06-10-2018, 08:01 AM
Campaigner

I would wager that Solael draining people of vitality creates some form of undead, no? I mean what else is left after you drain life essence from something?
Old 06-10-2018, 08:12 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
I would wager that Solael draining people of vitality creates some form of undead, no? I mean what else is left after you drain life essence from something?
Maaaybe, BUT me thinks it doesn't cause unlife, just leaves dry husks.
Making the dead walk is necromancy.
Old 06-10-2018, 11:46 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll from behind View Post
Eldritch undead perhaps, but how?
Did Big-U's Curse effect entire Cairn back in days since I don't think Eldritch portfolio has undead aspects..?
It only effected the Arkovian people.

It seems that every big dominating society in Cairn is doomed in some way.
Old 06-12-2018, 05:41 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
That said, I'm wondering how many of the gods we know (Ulzuin, Vire, Ultos, etc.) are direct children of Ch'Thon. More specifically, could Korvaak be one of them, whether or not he was Empyrion? Or were the Primordials essentially peers of Ch'Thon?
I assume all non-eldritch primordial gods were his children.
Quote:
Given that the Witch Gods were once human, I'm thinking that any successor gods are dismissed by the Aetherials as intrinsically insignificant for having once been "stained" by mortality.
Witch Gods are ascendants and thus not directly related to the primordials.
Quote:
(I also wonder what prevented the Arkovian gods from interfering with Uroboruuk's ritual. He didn't kill them in the process, did he?)
Mogdrogen is super salty about Uroboruuk and he was the strongest god among the pantheon. So I guess he was that OP and arkovian oligarchs picked a wrong enemy.
Quote:
ADDENDUM: Now that I remember it...The idea of Ch'Thon's blood being used to create mortal life puts me in mind of what I've heard about the Enuma Elish. More specifically, three primordial entities were slain, then used to form creation as we know it:
You are overthinking this, the devs made TQ, which was about Greek mythos and the GD creation myth is suspiciously similar to the greek one, Ch'ton being Uranus and Empyrion as Cronus.
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Old 06-12-2018, 10:55 AM
Campaigner

So it seems Korvaak created a Titan of his own, too.

Quote:
Ulzaad, Herald of Korvaak
A titan loyal only to Korvaak, Ulzaad heralded the arrival of his patron to all his subjects. Without his master's command, Ulzaad became disillusioned and lost, eventually driven to madness and despair.
This means Korvaak was around the times before the gods warring with another... at the same time Empyrion was around?
Old 06-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Champion

Well i do believe he was there during the war of the gods.
Old 06-18-2018, 05:07 AM
Praetorian

Anyone think anything of the fact the Creed chants both Solael & Bysmiel when opening that portal to the void in AoM cinematic?

He also chants Attak Seru when he fails to control it which was pretty nice and makes sense. But the first part got me thinking
Old 06-18-2018, 07:55 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Anyone think anything of the fact the Creed chants both Solael & Bysmiel when opening that portal to the void in AoM cinematic?
My 2 cents:

He was trying to open a portal to another plane/dimension, which is probably not something the Luminary had a genuine method for.

I would think his information on the matter mostly comes from interrogating Witch God cultist, so the way he tries to do it involves using the incantations he/his colleges learned from them, involving the names of the Witch Gods themselves.

PS:

On the matter he left out Dreeg i have 2 possible solutions:

1. Inquisitors came in contact with the followers of the other two much more often, since Dreeg's ones were probably more involved in gathering knowledge in contrary of gathering power/influence (which of the other two were much more about) thus having a lower priority for persecution.

2. The words Solael and Bysmiel are sounding more cool and "incantationy" than Dreeg.
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?
Old 06-18-2018, 08:30 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post
My 2 cents:

He was trying to open a portal to another plane/dimension, which is probably not something the Luminary had a genuine method for.

I would think his information on the matter mostly comes from interrogating Witch God cultist, so the way he tries to do it involves using the incantations he/his colleges learned from them, involving the names of the Witch Gods themselves.

PS:

On the matter he left out Dreeg i have 2 possible solutions:

1. Inquisitors came in contact with the followers of the other two much more often, since Dreeg's ones were probably more involved in gathering knowledge in contrary of gathering power/influence (which of the other two were much more about) thus having a lower priority for persecution.

2. The words Solael and Bysmiel are sounding more cool and "incantationy" than Dreeg.
Yeah it's normal that high level inquisitor bend the rules and use "forbidden" arts to meet their ends, as long as it respects the higher authority I suppose and not go rogue. Creed also is a bit wiser and understands nuance I guess.

There is also the involvement of these gods with the Void planes. There was a discussion also on Solael dmg types. PPl asking why chaos /vit and not just vit. One argued that since he draws some of his powers from the void inevitably since that would be the OG vit dmg dealer but also has Chos in the mix, so would solael.

Also Bysmiel has Chaos dmg (DG again) but also lightning which is also popular amongst Chaos minions ( "Glyph of Kelphat'Zoth"). There are lightning Dreadguards and bosses and so Bysmiel also has a lightning Guardian too

Last edited by Superfluff; 06-18-2018 at 08:33 AM.

Tags
discussion, lore