#1311  
Old 06-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Troll from behind Troll from behind is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 457
Default

Eldritch undead perhaps, but how?
Did Big-U's Curse effect entire Cairn back in days since I don't think Eldritch portfolio has undead aspects..?
Reply With Quote
  #1312  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:01 AM
BB_Shockwave's Avatar
BB_Shockwave BB_Shockwave is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 744
Default

I would wager that Solael draining people of vitality creates some form of undead, no? I mean what else is left after you drain life essence from something?
Reply With Quote
  #1313  
Old 06-10-2018, 08:12 AM
Troll from behind Troll from behind is offline
Advocate
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BB_Shockwave View Post
I would wager that Solael draining people of vitality creates some form of undead, no? I mean what else is left after you drain life essence from something?
Maaaybe, BUT me thinks it doesn't cause unlife, just leaves dry husks.
Making the dead walk is necromancy.
Reply With Quote
  #1314  
Old 06-10-2018, 11:46 AM
Mauricius's Avatar
Mauricius Mauricius is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troll from behind View Post
Eldritch undead perhaps, but how?
Did Big-U's Curse effect entire Cairn back in days since I don't think Eldritch portfolio has undead aspects..?
It only effected the Arkovian people.


It seems that every big dominating society in Cairn is doomed in some way.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai
Don't try to face tank him.
Reply With Quote
  #1315  
Old 06-12-2018, 05:41 AM
Strigvir Strigvir is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Posts: 773
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
That said, I'm wondering how many of the gods we know (Ulzuin, Vire, Ultos, etc.) are direct children of Ch'Thon. More specifically, could Korvaak be one of them, whether or not he was Empyrion? Or were the Primordials essentially peers of Ch'Thon?
I assume all non-eldritch primordial gods were his children.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
Given that the Witch Gods were once human, I'm thinking that any successor gods are dismissed by the Aetherials as intrinsically insignificant for having once been "stained" by mortality.
Witch Gods are ascendants and thus not directly related to the primordials.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
(I also wonder what prevented the Arkovian gods from interfering with Uroboruuk's ritual. He didn't kill them in the process, did he?)
Mogdrogen is super salty about Uroboruuk and he was the strongest god among the pantheon. So I guess he was that OP and arkovian oligarchs picked a wrong enemy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyknight View Post
ADDENDUM: Now that I remember it...The idea of Ch'Thon's blood being used to create mortal life puts me in mind of what I've heard about the Enuma Elish. More specifically, three primordial entities were slain, then used to form creation as we know it:
You are overthinking this, the devs made TQ, which was about Greek mythos and the GD creation myth is suspiciously similar to the greek one, Ch'ton being Uranus and Empyrion as Cronus.
__________________
Kymon's Chosen in a nutshell:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=194
Aetherials in a nutshell:
http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=69&pictureid=206
Reply With Quote
  #1316  
Old 06-12-2018, 10:55 AM
BB_Shockwave's Avatar
BB_Shockwave BB_Shockwave is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 744
Default

So it seems Korvaak created a Titan of his own, too.

Quote:
Ulzaad, Herald of Korvaak
A titan loyal only to Korvaak, Ulzaad heralded the arrival of his patron to all his subjects. Without his master's command, Ulzaad became disillusioned and lost, eventually driven to madness and despair.
This means Korvaak was around the times before the gods warring with another... at the same time Empyrion was around?
Reply With Quote
  #1317  
Old 06-12-2018, 01:15 PM
Mauricius's Avatar
Mauricius Mauricius is offline
Champion
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,620
Default

Well i do believe he was there during the war of the gods.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai
Don't try to face tank him.
Reply With Quote
  #1318  
Old 06-18-2018, 05:07 AM
Superfluff's Avatar
Superfluff Superfluff is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5,864
Default

Anyone think anything of the fact the Creed chants both Solael & Bysmiel when opening that portal to the void in AoM cinematic?

He also chants Attak Seru when he fails to control it which was pretty nice and makes sense. But the first part got me thinking
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evok View Post
I find it personally insulting to die to shit falling on my head
Reply With Quote
  #1319  
Old 06-18-2018, 07:55 AM
FunkyGandalf's Avatar
FunkyGandalf FunkyGandalf is offline
Counsel
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 366
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Anyone think anything of the fact the Creed chants both Solael & Bysmiel when opening that portal to the void in AoM cinematic?
My 2 cents:

He was trying to open a portal to another plane/dimension, which is probably not something the Luminary had a genuine method for.

I would think his information on the matter mostly comes from interrogating Witch God cultist, so the way he tries to do it involves using the incantations he/his colleges learned from them, involving the names of the Witch Gods themselves.

PS:

On the matter he left out Dreeg i have 2 possible solutions:

1. Inquisitors came in contact with the followers of the other two much more often, since Dreeg's ones were probably more involved in gathering knowledge in contrary of gathering power/influence (which of the other two were much more about) thus having a lower priority for persecution.

2. The words Solael and Bysmiel are sounding more cool and "incantationy" than Dreeg.
__________________
.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aetherial View Post
Gallop, you plan to add, podzemele bagels?
.....
Reply With Quote
  #1320  
Old 06-18-2018, 08:30 AM
Superfluff's Avatar
Superfluff Superfluff is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 5,864
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunkyGandalf View Post
My 2 cents:

He was trying to open a portal to another plane/dimension, which is probably not something the Luminary had a genuine method for.

I would think his information on the matter mostly comes from interrogating Witch God cultist, so the way he tries to do it involves using the incantations he/his colleges learned from them, involving the names of the Witch Gods themselves.

PS:

On the matter he left out Dreeg i have 2 possible solutions:

1. Inquisitors came in contact with the followers of the other two much more often, since Dreeg's ones were probably more involved in gathering knowledge in contrary of gathering power/influence (which of the other two were much more about) thus having a lower priority for persecution.

2. The words Solael and Bysmiel are sounding more cool and "incantationy" than Dreeg.
Yeah it's normal that high level inquisitor bend the rules and use "forbidden" arts to meet their ends, as long as it respects the higher authority I suppose and not go rogue. Creed also is a bit wiser and understands nuance I guess.

There is also the involvement of these gods with the Void planes. There was a discussion also on Solael dmg types. PPl asking why chaos /vit and not just vit. One argued that since he draws some of his powers from the void inevitably since that would be the OG vit dmg dealer but also has Chos in the mix, so would solael.

Also Bysmiel has Chaos dmg (DG again) but also lightning which is also popular amongst Chaos minions ( "Glyph of Kelphat'Zoth"). There are lightning Dreadguards and bosses and so Bysmiel also has a lightning Guardian too
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evok View Post
I find it personally insulting to die to shit falling on my head

Last edited by Superfluff; 06-18-2018 at 08:33 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
discussion, lore

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.