Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Rants

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 10-21-2018, 11:19 PM
Campaigner

Signs summer's on it's way - I get my arse kicked by the mother of all morning sweats at 7am...

Really could have done with more sleep.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:33 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
They also call the winner of the super bowl the world champions, but of course nobody else plays the game
Except that whole CFL thing?
Old 10-22-2018, 05:53 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by DirePenguin View Post
Except that whole CFL thing?
Eh... it has different rules and literally nobody outside of north america has ever heard of it (I had to look it up just now)
Old 10-22-2018, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Can't believe the Yanks have the cheek to call it a World Series when no one else is allowed to play.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avyctes View Post
They also call the winner of the super bowl the world champions, but of course nobody else plays the game
Surely all these teams claim residence all over the "world" to avoid taxes, but you are right to wonder why bring attention to that point.
Last edited by jiaco; Tomorrow at 11:34 PM.
Old 10-22-2018, 06:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
Surely all these teams claim residence all over the "world" to avoid taxes, but you are right to wonder why bring attention to that point.
Not as individuals they won't. The US taxes its citizens based on citizenship, not residency, so they'd still have to file US returns and owe the US tax (given their inflated salaries). It's called FATCA and it's why thousands of Americans, including me, have renounced their citizenship these last few years.
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:09 AM
Campaigner

Fuck you Google, gmail was working perfectly fucking fine before you fucked it up.

Now, it's slow, takes ages to update and for what ever reason the browser side sometimes doesn't tell the gmail server you've read an email... And of course, google hasn't emailed users to tell them anything about either the change or whether or not they're going to fix the current problems.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:09 AM
Campaigner

Oh for fuck's sake.

The Phantom Courier strikes again, this time by leaving a "no one was here" note after not fucking knocking on the door. I know this because the time it's logged at was the same time I'd left the headset off one ear to listen out for a fucking knock at the door.

Gaaaaah.

And I need the fucking package due to it containing insoles to replace the current pretty worn out set. So I hopefully no longer get sore feet if I'm on my feet for too long.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:07 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Mess View Post
Oh for fuck's sake.

The Phantom Courier strikes again, this time by leaving a "no one was here" note after not fucking knocking on the door. I know this because the time it's logged at was the same time I'd left the headset off one ear to listen out for a fucking knock at the door.

Gaaaaah.

And I need the fucking package due to it containing insoles to replace the current pretty worn out set. So I hopefully no longer get sore feet if I'm on my feet for too long.
That's just how they work now days. I work from home, and on days I am expecting a delivery I pay extra attention. 8/9 times out of 10, I see the carrier stop at the mailbox and put the "you weren't home" slip in, without ever coming to my door.
Old 10-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Just as annoying is when they put something that's supposed to be signed for in the postbox then you get a notification it's been delivered and signed for. Not by me it hasn't!
Mysterious as the dark side of the moon.
Old 10-23-2018, 02:56 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
Just as annoying is when they put something that's supposed to be signed for in the postbox then you get a notification it's been delivered and signed for. Not by me it hasn't!
Almost as annoying as opening your garage the morning after a heavy rain, and finding a soggy box that was just left there by the courier.

#youhadonejob