Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 10-28-2017, 08:10 PM
Speaker

I'm not sure why it will not let you buyback jackal then - perhaps you have another constellation that requires the red?

Also, just kind of a blanket announcement, I haven't had time to answer questions on this build and don't have plans to update it for the expansion. However, it should still provide a good "stepping stone" on the way to making a proper Ultos-based lightning elementalist.
Barnacle_Ed#1801 on Discord.

Current main: C R A B C O M M A N D O
Currently leveling: Pistoleer Apostate
Old 10-31-2017, 06:20 PM
Initiate

I'm trying this as my first character, and I'm level 59 in A2 elite now. Would it be viable to use primal strike either as a second auto attack or a nuke as a clearing skill? Thermite mines with reckless tempest just feels awful to me. I don't know if losing the -lightning resist from thermite mines is too much though. Thanks
Old 11-01-2017, 03:30 PM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by clipset View Post
I'm trying this as my first character, and I'm level 59 in A2 elite now. Would it be viable to use primal strike either as a second auto attack or a nuke as a clearing skill? Thermite mines with reckless tempest just feels awful to me. I don't know if losing the -lightning resist from thermite mines is too much though. Thanks
On thermite mines with tempest: This build is now several game versions outdated, as I've said several times now (including in the post immediately before yours). I do not recommend taking tempest for this build anymore. You NEED the RR from thermite mines. However, reckless tempest with thermites is bad - switch to elemental storm instead IMO.

On PS as a nuke: It could work. I've seen a few elementalist and vindicator variants using it for such, but i haven't setup a calc myself for this.
Barnacle_Ed#1801 on Discord.

Current main: C R A B C O M M A N D O
Currently leveling: Pistoleer Apostate
Old 11-01-2017, 03:56 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mournslayer View Post
On thermite mines with tempest: This build is now several game versions outdated, as I've said several times now (including in the post immediately before yours). I do not recommend taking tempest for this build anymore. You NEED the RR from thermite mines. However, reckless tempest with thermites is bad - switch to elemental storm instead IMO.

On PS as a nuke: It could work. I've seen a few elementalist and vindicator variants using it for such, but i haven't setup a calc myself for this.
Thanks, I'll pick up elemental storm and start leveling it on the side to switch over to.

Tags
2-handers, elementalist, lightning, primal strike, savagery