Old 05-04-2017, 07:24 PM
Acolyte

Default Map editor issue

Every time I load a map in the editor all I get is a black screen. selecting diff regions or reloading the map nothing seems to help all I get is a black screen. Is there some trick to this I'm missing maybe? any help would be appreciated. And yes I read the guides already to no avail Lol I couldn't even get the tutorial map to show Lol

So after trying some more the stock world001.map file seems to crash the world editor every time I switch to editor mode.

Also whenever I try creating a new map the world editor stops responding as soon as I switch to the editor mode

If I load any already decompiled map though I can switch to editor mode but all I get is a black screen

Last edited by stedman420; 05-11-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:17 PM
Acolyte

Bump

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated
Old 05-11-2017, 11:46 PM
Praetorian

Dunno if it's related, if it's this:

Where you have black areas on your map, hit caps lock to fix that issue. Have you tried creating a new map just to test?
Old 05-12-2017, 02:11 AM
Acolyte

Whenever I try creating a new map the world editor stops responding as soon as I switch to the editor mode

If I load the stock world001.map file the world editor stops responding when I switch to editor mode.

If I load any already decompiled map I can switch to editor mode but nothing ever appears

So I'm not to sure what to try now Lol
Old 05-17-2017, 04:03 PM
Initiate

Just out of curiosity, where did you extract game files to? I had a similar issue where nothing I did would make the region show up. Turns out I extracted the game files to my "Working" directory...which Editor doesn't seem to like. Which makes sense because Editor looks for all game files in a specific location (Grim Dawn installation directory) and if its not there, bad things happen.

I would suggest to re-extract your game files and be sure to extract them to Grim Dawn install directory (and make sure its the correct install directory). If you have space limitation with your hard drive you may need to re-install.
Old 05-17-2017, 08:08 PM
Acolyte

Just tried that and still nothing. Thanks for the idea though
Old 05-21-2017, 09:21 PM
Acolyte

Ok after some more trial and error I finally got the map editor to work. I had to not only extract the game files to the games install directory but had to set my working and build folders in asset manager to the games install directory as well.

So the working, build, and tools directories have to be set to the games install directory in asset manager and the game files have to be extracted to the games install directory as well.

This works but seems like a great big mess to me hopefully this will get fixed in the future