Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Closed Thread

Old 11-12-2015, 04:21 AM
Lord Advocate

Default (B27) The Vile Shadow (Witch Hunter)

This is a hybrid melee/range dot build. With low cooldown Shadow Strike (with both Dot Skills), Blood Burst & Noxious Poison Bomb as my main damaging skills. Using Veil of Shadow/Night's Chill, Poison Aura & Blood of Dreeg as my support skills. Merciless Repertoire and Consecrated Blade to boost damage.
Full Grim Calc
I started with Occultist and rushed Blood Burst. Then put 1 point in DEE and 6 in Blood Burst. As always I hold Levels 7-10 skill points so I can get Shadow Strike at level 10. Then by Level 21 this is my Grim Calc
Lvl 22 Salazar

Important Gear:

01: Devil's Badge of Venom (Health, OA, Poison Damage & %Health Regen
02: Avarice of Androneus (+1 All Skills will drop this when level is raised)
03: Blight (+1 Occultist, also has a poison skill you can use if you want)

Other Items I am Using:
01: Plaguebearer's Ritual Scepter of Shattering (Vitriolic Gallstone)
02: Glacial Savage Effigy of the Oracle (Venom-Tipped Ammo)
03: Rhowari Handguards (Spellwoven Threads)
04: Rhowari Greaves (Mark of Mogdrogen)
05: Everything Else Should Look for Spirit, Poison Damage, Health, Resists & OA

Karroz Run

Last edited by sfbistimg; 11-12-2015 at 06:11 AM.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:06 AM
Campaigner

As usual, nice looking build, sfb.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:35 AM
Champion

It would be better with transmuter
Old 11-12-2015, 07:01 AM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohuf View Post
It would be better with transmuter
Yeah I played both ways, but I'm horrible at aiming and was missing alot with it
Old 11-12-2015, 09:32 AM
Advocate

Ver Giften = vergiften = to poison someone, is that a coincidence?
Old 11-12-2015, 10:57 AM
Acolyte

Hello,

do you think it would worth sacrificing gear for (currently) max CDR? Like 19% from offhand and 7%+7% from head and amulet for a total 33% CDR. That would enable to have Blood of Dreeg on almost permanently (16sec CD on 15sec duration). Tempest sigil would be another 2% but it does not synergizes with poison at all.

I always wanted to try a build with massive health regen and ok damage.

(Tbh I wanted to make a perma Blood of Dreeg+ Overguard build but current items does not allow that)
Old 11-12-2015, 12:16 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by sfbistimg View Post
Yeah I played both ways, but I'm horrible at aiming and was missing alot with it
It's hard to miss because DEE with transmuter flies like a bomb and hits desired place (like fireblast). While it flies like a casual projectile without transmuter (and easy to miss because of this).
Still this allows to max main skill insted of Blood Burst (much more damage) + recieve bonuses from transmuter. Judging by your gameplay you very rarely use DEE. So should fit well.
Maybe I will try this build (it looks interesting). But I wanted to test another one with DW WPS
Old 11-12-2015, 05:08 PM
Lord Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavygravyT View Post
Hello,

do you think it would worth sacrificing gear for (currently) max CDR? Like 19% from offhand and 7%+7% from head and amulet for a total 33% CDR. That would enable to have Blood of Dreeg on almost permanently (16sec CD on 15sec duration). Tempest sigil would be another 2% but it does not synergizes with poison at all.

I always wanted to try a build with massive health regen and ok damage.

(Tbh I wanted to make a perma Blood of Dreeg+ Overguard build but current items does not allow that)
If you can get good ammy and head with the CDR then yeah it be worth it. I don't do as much crafting as I used to so I don't have any decent ones myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grohuf View Post
It's hard to miss because DEE with transmuter flies like a bomb and hits desired place (like fireblast). While it flies like a casual projectile without transmuter (and easy to miss because of this).
Still this allows to max main skill insted of Blood Burst (much more damage) + recieve bonuses from transmuter. Judging by your gameplay you very rarely use DEE. So should fit well.
Maybe I will try this build (it looks interesting). But I wanted to test another one with DW WPS
I just felt like I was missing to much when I switched over to transmuter at level 30, so at around 40 I switched back. I chose to max Bloodburst first for the wider AOE for leveling, tho after getting Nightfall maxed I probably should have switched to 12 DEE / 5 Blood Burst.

Last edited by sfbistimg; 11-12-2015 at 05:43 PM.
Old 11-26-2015, 11:31 PM
Initiate

Currently leveling this, seems really cool! However you put a point into consecrated blade which requires a 2h while you duel wield, why?
Old 11-26-2015, 11:36 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juicedg View Post
Currently leveling this, seems really cool! However you put a point into consecrated blade which requires a 2h while you duel wield, why?
No, it requires a meele weapon or a 2-handed ranged weapon.

Last edited by dondarm; 11-26-2015 at 11:39 PM.
Closed Thread