Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

View Poll Results: What would you guys like to see next (priority)?
A build thread for Hellstrom The Betrayed One 19 21.11%
Updated Blademaster guide - The Mercenary 24 26.67%
More content in leveling guide (specifically about ultimate) 12 13.33%
Surprise us 35 38.89%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-04-2015, 05:43 PM
Emissary

Default The Stormcaller - The ultimate power of Ultos (B30 / Hardcore Approved / Ultimate Approved)

"Those whom have forsaken their human existence and become conduits of the sky god Ultos may wield the power of the storms and call themselves Stormcallers. Bearing thunder and wind as your weapon and armor, you leave naught but calamity in your wake." - Ulric the Stormcaller

1. Introduction
The origin of this build stems from an idea in which one character has the option to directly fight in a battle, yet also have options to kite while having a consistent Damage Per Second (DPS).

Using Shaman as a main class and adding Arcanist I’ve managed to create a build that can easily clear rooms, heroes, bosses and Nemesis’. I regulary see 30-60k crits fly on my screen. I usually crit around 5-10k in an 3-5m AoE. My biggest crit was 83k in ultimate. So if you like being a true lightning caster and seeing destruction going on all around the place then look no further!

There might be aspects that can be improved, like gear or skill point distribution. If you see any improvements, let me know.

Updates!

The constellation set up in the leveling section has not yet been updated to the latest version. Use the latest grimcalc in the 3th post for now as your guide! IMPORTANT!

Skill tree has been changed is still undergoing some testing! New!
Constellation build is undergoing some new changes, this will take a bit of time before I finalize the set up. New!
Build is being updated to B30 hotfix 1! New!
Constellation video has been updated to B29! Click here New!

Will this build work for me even if I am undergeared?
Since many builds are focusing on and end-game build some of you might be afraid that you will follow a build that only works with the perfect items. If you already have had the pleasure of fighting Loghorrean in Elite or even ultimate; you know his strength.

I wanted to prove that it is possible to beat the final boss in ultimate with weak gear.

I took this challenge upon me and decided to beat Loghorrean on ultimate. So check it out for yourself!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FV_w...ature=youtu.be

Last edited by Zappa; 01-24-2016 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Revamp of the guide
Old 11-05-2015, 11:40 AM
Emissary

(2. The leveling part) Click here for the leveling part
Spoiler!

Last edited by Zappa; 01-11-2016 at 12:22 PM.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:40 PM
Emissary

This is the finalized build. With all the proper gear, constellation, stat and skill distribution.

UPDATED UP TO CHARACTER SPECIFICATIONS (CHAPTER 6). SKILL DISTRIBUTION WILL SEE SOME MINOR CHANGES (SEE CHAPTER 3) Important!

(3. The skill tree, stat distribution and constellation set up) Click here for the final, level 85, skill distribution, attribute distribution and constellation set up.
Spoiler!

(5. Equipment) Click here for the equipment set up
Spoiler!

(6. Character specification) Click here to see the final, level 60, character specifications (character offense, defense, etc)
Spoiler!

(7. Skills and playstyle) Click here to read about the available skills and playstyle of this build
Spoiler!

(8. Boss challenge) Click here to see how the build does against the bosses and nemesis' in the game!
Spoiler!

(9. B29 Save file) Click here for the b29 PREVIEW save file
Spoiler!

(10. Additional content) Click here for additional content like videos of the build (great way to check out the build).

(11. FAQ) Got a question? see if nobody else asked first in this FAQ section!
Spoiler!

(12. Last words) Click here to read the last words of this guide. If you enjoyed it so far, why not read my last say about the build?
Spoiler!

Last edited by Zappa; 01-26-2016 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:53 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappa View Post
A very valid question. I'll try it out later today and then I'll come back to you .
I'm really curious which wins out - making a similar build myself but likely won't have time to test it anytime soon. On the one hand + skills is quite powerful...but 60% or more lightning damage isn't to be dismissed lightly. Or perhaps it'll be a wash between them.
Old 11-05-2015, 04:16 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silben View Post
I'm really curious which wins out - making a similar build myself but likely won't have time to test it anytime soon. On the one hand + skills is quite powerful...but 60% or more lightning damage isn't to be dismissed lightly. Or perhaps it'll be a wash between them.
Well I don't have the epic you need to find, but the epic you can buy from Kymon is indeed better. It lowers the damage from your totems by about 100 damage, but increases everything else. This is excluding the 2-4k damage the lightning bolt does to a target every 2 sec.

Also the cast speed is really nice and helps you with staying on the move!

Great suggestion!
Old 11-07-2015, 10:28 AM
Emissary

Build has been revamped. I hope you guys enjoy it!
Old 11-07-2015, 02:13 PM
Acolyte

I'm using this build: http://grimcalc.com/build/B2s3KU (more defense)
Also using a bit different gear (lifebloom band + epic ring from KS and brairthorn amu)

Do you know if OA affects wind devils or storm totem's damage?

I like going for cooldown reduction instead of cast speed. I'm only casting wind devils + lighting storm and - if needed - storm totem (and vines for kiting). Why you do like casting speed, lightning nova?
Old 11-07-2015, 02:51 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiza View Post
I'm using this build: http://grimcalc.com/build/B2s3KU (more defense)
Also using a bit different gear (lifebloom band + epic ring from KS and brairthorn amu)

Do you know if OA affects wind devils or storm totem's damage?

I like going for cooldown reduction instead of cast speed. I'm only casting wind devils + lighting storm and - if needed - storm totem (and vines for kiting). Why you do like casting speed, lightning nova?
I get the defensive part, but I find that my current set up provides more than enough defense.

The OA should affect it, they get stats accordingly to yours (I think).

Cooldown reduction gives me more DPS since I can cast more Storm Totems or the like, but it still makes me stand still for far too long. If you fight bosses like Fabius, the ones that will utterly destroy you for standing still too long, you will find out that having faster casting speed is quite crucial.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:12 PM
Emissary

First video added!
Old 11-08-2015, 12:28 AM
Acolyte

Looks cool. Just curious (not sure if I missed it) - what stat allocation did you use?

Tags
druid