Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1  
Old 10-25-2016, 08:10 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Default Hello from the new, old guy.

Greetings Grim Dawn faithful. I'm Josh Glavine, the newest addition to Arthur's collection of badass (misfit) game devs, an honor that I hope to live up to.

That said, I'm not all that new. Arthur and I go back to the TQ days, where he convinced the Iron Lore founders to hire me despite an argument I had with one of them during my interview. It was my first honest game job and it was a madhouse. During my time at Iron Lore I had the pleasure of working on TQ, TQ: Immortal Throne, Dawn of War: Soul Storm and a badass prototype that never saw the light of day. Through long nights, fueled by now banned energy drinks (Chinese Rocket Fuel - It's got shizandra in it!), we tried our best to keep Iron Lore ticking but it wasn't meant to be.

Following Iron Lore's closure Arthur started putting together Crate. I was there in the earliest of days but wasn't able to stick it out. I took a job at Demiurge Studios where I worked on everything from Mass Effect to ACM: Bug Hunt Mode (the best part of a bruised and battered game) and wrote original concepts for games like "Gears of War: Exile" (may it rest in peace) and Marvel Puzzle Quest. Along the way I was design lead on a number of projects including Demiurge's first attempt at an original title, Shoot Many Robots. It was a great time but it never quite felt right. A couple months ago, after listening to me bitch about making mobile free to play games, Arthur gave me a chance to come back to the world of badass games, hardcore devs, and energy drink addictions. It feels like coming home!

So here I am. I'll be starting out by helping Zantai and the GD crew finish the upcoming expansion and then it's on to future Crate projects.

I'm considering doing some streaming wherein you can listen to me rant while I work or get my ass kicked in GD or whatever else we're playing. I'll post when I figure out how that's gonna happen.

Last edited by Grava; 10-25-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:11 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grava View Post
Greetings Grim Dawn faithful. I'm Josh Glavine, the newest addition to Arthur's collection of badass (misfit) game devs, an honor that I hope to live up to.

That said, I'm not all that new. Arthur and I go back to the TQ days, where he convinced the Iron Lore founders to hire me despite an argument I had with one of them during my interview. It was my first honest game job and it was a madhouse. During my time at Iron Lore I had the pleasure of working on TQ, TQ: Immortal Throne, Grim Dawn: Soul Storm and a badass prototype that never saw the light of day. Through long nights, fueled by now banned energy drinks (Chinese Rocket Fuel - It's got shizandra in it!), we tried our best to keep Iron Lore ticking but it wasn't meant to be.

Following Iron Lore's closure Arthur starting putting together Crate. I was there in the earliest of days but wasn't able to stick it out. I took a job at Demiurge Studios where I worked on everything from Mass Effect to ACM: Bug Hunt Mode (the best part of a bruised and battered game) and wrote original concepts for games like "Gears of War: Exile" (may it rest in peace) and Marvel Puzzle Quest. Along the way I was design lead on a number of projects including Demiurge's first attempt at an original title, Shoot Many Robots. It was a great time but it never quite felt right. A couple months ago, after listening to me bitch about making mobile free to play games, Arthur gave me a chance to come back to the world of badass games, hardcore devs, and energy drink addictions. It feels like coming home!

So here I am. I'll be starting out by helping Kamil and the GD crew finish the upcoming expansion and then it's on to future Crate projects.

I'm considering doing some streaming wherein you can listen to me rant while I work or get my ass kicked in GD or whatever else we're playing. I'll post when I figure out how that's gonna happen.
What was your first dishonest game job?

Welcome!

PM me here, or add me on Steam: Soulscourge
Old 10-25-2016, 08:22 PM
Praetorian

Welcome Grava! Always good to see them expand the team.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 10-25-2016, 08:28 PM
Advocate

Were you the bastard responsible for Dactyls?

Or perhaps, this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxQ209gGRBo
Old 10-25-2016, 08:29 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
So here I am. I'll be starting out by helping Kamil and the GD crew finish the upcoming expansion and then it's on to future Crate projects.

Awesome news, welcome to the team and of course the GD community!

can't wait until you stream some of your gameplay

gr, the D
twitch.tv/dikkiedik92

My builds: https://goo.gl/TTGM9X
Old 10-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Praetorian

Well the Crate family keeps getting bigger! welcome to the community! looking forward to sampling your work.

Well this is good news for Crate and GD on a whole.

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 10-25-2016, 08:36 PM
Advocate

Welcome Grava!
f2p mobile games?
Good to have you back at the Crate badass team. Know that chinese rocket fuel is only a boarding drug for them ...enjoy the ride...
Old 10-25-2016, 09:49 PM
Herald

New faces, nice. You guys better do a kickass expansion cause this game deserves it
Old 10-25-2016, 10:07 PM
Supporter

Smile

Welcome back home, Josh ^_^ Glad to see you back and kicking.
Aye, I hope this expansion won't be the last one! The story is FAR from finished
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10  
Old 10-25-2016, 10:29 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhaster View Post
f2p mobile games?
Ya, it was a thing I had to do.

Tags
crate