Old 12-05-2018, 04:34 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
I'm probably pestering at this point but have another question. Will everything from Grim Dawn be eventually be removed? And I'm talking probably after the base mod with all 5 acts completed first. Some quests reward devotion points now, will those be removed eventually and be replaced with skill or attribute points or will devotions remain?
Devotions are nice addition so I plan to keep them (after total rework, of course).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojojojo View Post
nice video

but i have a problem with the final act bosses i cant kill them normaly ^^ i need 30 minutes and run in circle my merc kill them ^^
0.3.0 update is going to bring complete overhaul of gameplay so this should not be an issue anymore

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
This is awesome news. Has the steps necessary been outlined in a tutorial so other modders can make use of this?
As I know Zakk, he isn't really a "tutorial making" kind of guy so I would not count on it. But I plan to learn the process myself within next 1-2 months so maybe I will make one after I feel comfortable doing it.

Last edited by Ram; 12-05-2018 at 04:43 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 04:57 PM
Acolyte

Can we expect act 3 this week??
Old 12-05-2018, 05:08 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
As I know Zakk, he isn't really a "tutorial making" kind of guy so I would not count on it. But I plan to learn the process myself within next 1-2 months so maybe I will make one after I feel comfortable doing it.
Well, as long as the knowledge is dispersed in some form so that others can make use of it. This opens up the doors of Grim Dawn modding significantly. It will be exciting to see what others do with it now.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:40 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodzio View Post
Can we expect act 3 this week??
Very unlikely as I have just spent almost 3 days making that Diablo model to work properly.

All that is left to finish 0.3.0 are Hero monsters and implementing remaining quests. That itself will take me at least 1 week. After that I plan to do "Dev MP test" where me, and other members of the dev team are going to play 0.3.0 from A1 (normal) to A3 (hell) and see how it performs. I expect to encouter some bugs, which will be hotfixed immediately. This alone should take another 3-4 days. Once the hotfix 1 is done then I want to release test version that will be posted on RoT Discord channel and let players test it for 1 week. Again, I expect more issues to come up so after hotfix 2 is done then the public version is finally going to be released.

All I can say that it will be worth the wait and the good thing is that I might be able to release it before Christmas.

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
Well, as long as the knowledge is dispersed in some form so that others can make use of it. This opens up the doors of Grim Dawn modding significantly. It will be exciting to see what others do with it now.
@okami29 is another modder who has progressed quite a lot in 3DS Max so maybe he's the one to make some sort of guide / tutorial.

Last edited by Ram; 12-05-2018 at 05:42 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:01 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
nice video

but i have a problem with the final act bosses i cant kill them normaly ^^ i need 30 minutes and run in circle my merc kill them ^^

on normal way no chance to kill them in a fight

whats your strategy?

P.S. iam pala (melee)

and someone want to play on steam together this mod?

Um... i started as pala and all boses except secret uber boss in act 2 was super easy.
Dont know whats ur lvl but You should focus on maxing zeal in first place then just get any gear with % life per hit and u are unkillable.
Total breakthrough is when u get conviction aura then game is unbelivable easy, even uber bosses.

I guess u made mistake and started to put ur skill points to unlock new skills... Its pointless.

Max Zeal, then max concentration aura, then max bless shield, go fast to conviction aura and just delevel concentration to 0 and put everything in conviction.
GD mechanic makes all auras except conviction totally useless.. Maybe concentration is also decent, all others are just crap.

I can recomend You to mix Your Pala with Sorc and play as melee.
I think is 1 of most powerfull combo in this mod.
Later on when u make proper runewords You make around 250k dmg per sec and You dont need even to hit anything.
Everythin is melting when u are runing.

PS. on start i recomend You to make runeword Lawbringer. Is very easy to make and is super overpowered runeword, especially when u use it with conviction. WHen You put into it hunted steal You have 16% life steal.
If something wont 1 shot You, will not kill You at all.

Last edited by kodzio; 12-05-2018 at 06:06 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 09:41 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Devotions are nice addition so I plan to keep them (after total rework, of course).
Crap, was kinda hoping devotions would be going. It will be interesting to see how this mod progresses more since many D2 is actually lacking quite a few features later ARPG's have. All i remember from D2 is the main thing was to try and stack as many + skills as possible and there were no pet bonuses at all. Plus there were only 4 resists instead of the 10+ we have now. Another thing I remember from D2, as a summoner Necromancer, was every fight took way too long. Least now the skeleton magi do A LOT of damage.
Old 12-06-2018, 08:03 AM
Initiate

any one knows where can i find the uber boss in act 2? and the cow lvl?
Old 12-06-2018, 08:36 AM
Advocate

Quote:
any one knows where can i find the uber boss in act 2? and the cow lvl?
In Act 2 in the chamber where you encounter the Archangel. It's a major pita since the hallway to the Uber boss has those floor spikes in it. As for the cow level, I forget where but I've had a 'Strange Key' drop and when you mouse over it it states that there is the symbol of a cow on it.
Old 12-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goober View Post
In Act 2 in the chamber where you encounter the Archangel. It's a major pita since the hallway to the Uber boss has those floor spikes in it. As for the cow level, I forget where but I've had a 'Strange Key' drop and when you mouse over it it states that there is the symbol of a cow on it.
Mysterius key u get from goblin and You can use it in act 1 rogue camp in house where You have hidden "door" on the floor.
When You go into the "cellar" there is device where You put key and open cow lvl.
Do it when You are on hell lvl and You are well equiped as there are loads of cow and they are quite strong.
Cow King is super strong.
Old 12-07-2018, 06:00 AM
Acolyte

looks like i an stuck
where do i activate the cairn stones?
i killed the smith but cant seem to find horadric malus
please someone help

Tags
diablo 2, map, mod