Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

View Poll Results: which one would you prefere?
Possibility to rebuy Mastery-, Skill- AND Attributepoints (and with possibility of changing mastery) 6 20.00%
Possibility to rebuy Skill- AND Attributepoints (without possibility of changing mastery) 7 23.33%
Possibility to rebuy Mastery- and Skillpoints 0 0%
Only Skillpoints (actual) 16 53.33%
No possibilty to rebuy 1 3.33%
No possibilty to rebuy 0 0%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 07:18 PM
Acolyte

Default [Suggestion]Mastery AND Attribute point regain

After my first playthrough there is nothing more than i wish is the possibility to reclaim/rebuy Attribute AND Mastery/Skill Points. (and undo masterys itself).

the pointed levelcap is 200 if i am right? In my eyes it is too high if you dont give the possibility of reclaim/rebuy.

Yes there will be tools like TQDefiler (GDDefiler ) or something else. But if it possible i like to buy my points instead of using a 3rd party tool^^

Hope you can read and understand what i have written

greetz Sinpox

EDIT: I found the Forum-poll funktion (yeah \o/)...added the poll and removed the external link^^

Last edited by Sinpox; 10-09-2013 at 02:21 PM. Reason: Added Poll
Old 10-08-2013, 07:30 PM
Apostle

You can buy your skill points back from an NPC in the prison at Devils Crossing.

You can't buy back your second mastery, so once you've selected it, you're stuck with it, but you could buy all your skill points back.

As far as I know there is no way to buy back stat points used.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:35 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibugsy View Post
You can buy your skill points back from an NPC in the prison at Devils Crossing.

You can't buy back your second mastery, so once you've selected it, you're stuck with it, but you could buy all your skill points back.

As far as I know there is no way to buy back stat points used.
yes i know this^^

but i cant buy back Masterypoints from the first mastery (i mean the points u put in the bottom line) and till now i didnt selected a second mastery because i wait for nightblade. but without buying back masterypoints from the first mastery its meaningless >.<
Old 10-08-2013, 07:41 PM
Praetorian

I dont really think this iis necessary the other issue is, to buy back mastery points you have to buy back all the skills you have unlocked, I think it means you have to be careful on what you put points into, and buying back skill points does get expensive after a while,

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 10-08-2013, 08:12 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewfarmery View Post
I dont really think this iis necessary the other issue is, to buy back mastery points you have to buy back all the skills you have unlocked, I think it means you have to be careful on what you put points into, and buying back skill points does get expensive after a while,
Agreed.. I think the inability to return mastery points should stick.. after all, if you have the ability to return skill points, this to me is good enough.. I like that once you commit to mastery, that's it.. otherwise it seems too "I can just re-do my whole character" to me.

One thing to mention that I do find annoying though is when you're wishing to keep your build as a pure class.. every time you open up the skills panel, it brings up the class selection. I'd rather it bring up the skills window first, as the option to select class is at the top at all times..

Current Characters (HC Vet)
2H Witchblade (Blade Arc, WarCry, Cadence)
Old 10-08-2013, 08:39 PM
Praetorian

that I do agree on this, it should pop up to the class screen once you hit level 10 to say, you can choose your class, but after that, I agree it should remain on your selected mastery screen, good suggestion, not sure how easy it would do to code? but if possible It would make level a pure build a little less annoying.

Old 10-08-2013, 09:12 PM
Acolyte

im a person who want to try out every class/stat combination at a max char later or at least about level 100, with release there are 5 masterys what means there are 10 Combinations of masterys if im right.

My first char took about 12 Hours till warden and lvl 18...with a second char i need maybe about 5-8 hours. that means i need about 50-87 hour to play the Combinations without farming extra equip (and thats only till lvl 18!!!)

For me is it a question of time, how i wrote i would like to try out all combinations. But with this need of time....(who has this time today?)

and i think there are some players who think the same^^

maybe it didnt should possible at the beginning of the game but maybe after you end the main-game at the highest difficult?

and at the end there will be tools to make this possible (without "gold" cost^^)...so why should not it be already in the game at release? ;P

Last edited by Sinpox; 10-08-2013 at 09:19 PM.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:32 PM
Praetorian

Diablo 3 pretty much had the same idea when it came to changing whatever build you wanted whenever you wanted and that just killed the game for me when it came to the replay value.

If you really want to mess around with different mastery's and skills use mods. I'd rather not have some sort of total respec of everything, otherwise the lack of permanency shows a lack of replay value since you can change your skills/masterys on a whim.

GD isn't going to hold your hand like other arpg's so when you decide what mastery you want to start with or which mastery (if any) to dual mastery with you need to take the options into consideration. Otherwise you'll have to start a new character.

I want this game to last a long time. Allowing people to change skills/mastery's whenever will destroy that length of time and devalue that special feeling of your own unique character.

So yea... if you want to mess around use mods when they are available. Otherwise use iron when you have it to switch around skills. But choosing your mastery? That should never be able to be respeced unless you first choose it and you have the "undo" option.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:47 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMasked View Post
Diablo 3 pretty much had the same idea when it came to changing whatever build you wanted whenever you wanted and that just killed the game for me when it came to the replay value.

If you really want to mess around with different mastery's and skills use mods. I'd rather not have some sort of total respec of everything, otherwise the lack of permanency shows a lack of replay value since you can change your skills/masterys on a whim.

GD isn't going to hold your hand like other arpg's so when you decide what mastery you want to start with or which mastery (if any) to dual mastery with you need to take the options into consideration. Otherwise you'll have to start a new character.

I want this game to last a long time. Allowing people to change skills/mastery's whenever will destroy that length of time and devalue that special feeling of your own unique character.

So yea... if you want to mess around use mods when they are available. Otherwise use iron when you have it to switch around skills. But choosing your mastery? That should never be able to be respeced unless you first choose it and you have the "undo" option.
Agree on all accounts.

The reality too is that with the Defiler your can easily save your char progress all the way across the board. Sure you'd need to relevel your char, but there should be some price to pay for changing your mastery level in my opinion.

Current Characters (HC Vet)
2H Witchblade (Blade Arc, WarCry, Cadence)
Old 10-08-2013, 09:58 PM
Praetorian

also fully agree with DeMasked, if GD had a similar system to D3, it won't last long at all, the beauty of the game, at least one of many is the replay value, and that is helped by redoing chars from the ground up, I don't want an easy, wipe all my skills and re invest in them, will make the game boring, but Im sure there will be programs like GD defiler that will alow you to do this in due time, but its not something I will do, experimenting with builds and finding outwhat works and what doesn't is half the fun!!

Closed Thread

Tags
attributes, builds, masteries, skills