Old 05-19-2013, 03:54 AM
Supporter

Default Spirit a useless stat?

So none of the weapons in the game use spirit. I have not found any armor that requires spirit. Some rings and amulets do, but that seems to be about it. Are we expected to add points into cunning/phy as an Occultist? Seems a bit lame; in TQ casters could put all points into int and there was the wand line for casters as well.

Really loving the game so far. Just seems that casters are getting shafted on gear.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:19 AM
Praetorian

Remember this is an alpha - there might be more content for spirit stat later on.

But like you said, rings, necklaces, and the fetishes/books/bones require spirit. Spirit DOES increase some of the damage you do if you use vitality/elemental based stuff. Kinda neat to buff your bombs as a demolitionist by stacking spirit.
Old 05-19-2013, 04:43 AM
Counsel

you try using occultist yet? spirit is not useless at all
Old 05-19-2013, 04:51 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeiros View Post
That is what I am using. I have a maxed hound and a few points into the curse with the slow effect. What occultist spells does spirit help? I remember reading somewhere that spirit does not increase bleeding and poison damage, which seems to be the occultists bread and butter.

Does spirit make my hound hit harder? Maybe that's why it one shots almost everything.
Old 05-19-2013, 05:33 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apeiros View Post
It doesn't really affect occultist at all - occultist is better suited as a melee or ranged tank using a tome instead of shield.

Spirit adds regen and damage to elemental effects, the only one Occult has is the sigil of ...whatever and the witchfire buff... and even then, its not an amazing amount of damage..
Old 05-19-2013, 06:01 AM
Supporter

My instinct has been to use my Occultist as a melee fighter, with some perks due to skills. I got to a point early on where ice guys would kick my butt. Haven't played it again because of lack of time, but I'm thinking my points are going to be pretty evenly distributed, as opposed to focusing on one particular stat.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:50 AM
Speaker

I wouldn't be so quick to judge Spirit just yet; after all, the Arcanist hasn't been released.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8  
Old 05-19-2013, 01:48 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Spirit is supposed to affect Acid and Poison damage types. It does not currently due to a bug, not our design intent.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:09 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
Spirit is supposed to affect Acid and Poison damage types. It does not currently due to a bug, not our design intent.
Ah now that makes sense. That's perfect because it allows for the occultist to synergize with either a spirit build or a cunning/phy build.

Thanks for taking the time to respond.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Supporter

Actually looks like I just had an incorrect notion of how stats work. It seems like cunning = damage, phy = tank and spirit = spell. I was thinking along TQ lines where the primary also increased damage.
Closed Thread

Tags
attributes, damage