Old 05-10-2017, 12:48 PM
Initiate

Default Staying alive in hardcore

So far, I have been playing only in hardcore and healing has been a big problem in term of build diversity. There are only two skills with burst, on demand healing capability, blood of dreeg and pneumatic burst. Constant heal like totem is something I consider unreliable, especially devotion proc. I usually use potion as a second line healing.

So, my question is, how do HC survive without taking occultist or nightblade?
Old 05-10-2017, 12:55 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3KroMancer View Post
So far, I have been playing only in hardcore and healing has been a big problem in term of build diversity. There are only two skills with burst, on demand healing capability, blood of dreeg and pneumatic burst. Constant heal like totem is something I consider unreliable, especially devotion proc. I usually use potion as a second line healing.

TRee of Life, Dryad heal proc, Turtle, Crab.

AS for gear, judicators and Mark of divinity are used most for this.
Old 05-10-2017, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator

Or use Soldier as one of the masteries. Mehir's Will, Veterancy and Mehir's Bulwark all give health regen per second.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:04 PM
Champion

Quote:

ATDCH, devotion procs, high resist/armor/dmg absorbtion/shield/temporal unvulnerability etc. As long as you stack 12k effective HP and 2.2k DA only Fabius can oneshot you. Or MQ missplay.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:11 PM
Champion

and also you can let a tank or healer build take damage for you, let them die in your behalf
Old 05-10-2017, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Blade Barrier also provides on the spot "literally" healing. You're stuck in place while it works.
Old 05-10-2017, 01:24 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
TRee of Life, Dryad heal proc, Turtle, Crab.

AS for gear, judicators and Mark of divinity are used most for this.
I heard turtle and crab are crap in term of scaling. How well do these two devotions perform in elite and ultimate?
Old 05-10-2017, 01:27 PM
Praetorian

Crab actually got a substantial buff recently, with the amount of damage nullified being bigger and it blocks more damage types.

Turtle scales like crap and becomes near useless in Ultimate, where enemies can shred through 2,7k HP like nobody's business.
Old 05-11-2017, 03:29 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
I heard turtle and crab are crap in term of scaling. How well do these two devotions perform in elite and ultimate?
Like norzan said. Crab is amazing compared to turtle. You need to use it and level it to at least lvl 10 to understand.
Old 05-11-2017, 04:33 PM
Supporter

I never play occultist, and rarely nightblade, but really do not struggle with survivability at all, and lately found only needing a couple defensive options, mostly just make sure you are getting maxed resists, good hp numbers, and killing efficiently, if you are shaman wendigo totem is like immortality, demo you have blast shield which is virtually immunity + insane Flash bang, so how do you die with that right? Soldier has a ton of DR and res / hp / you name it, and Arcanist has... well full room cc, or immunity, and great DR... so yea idk, pick up life and resists on gear, damage scales crazily well in this game without putting a lot in your gear, perhaps it lies in a play style / standing in the bad / actually taking melee hits from anything issue more than masteries / devotions etc.
Closed Thread

Tags
build, hardcore, healing