Old 11-14-2018, 05:41 PM
Praetorian

I'll have to test it a bit more after work, tried during lunch but I couldn't force a crash though atm I only have ungrim + playtester patch installed. My grimarillion version is different from yours since I'm working on something that requires a test map instead of vanilla, I'll have to uninstall that to test properly after work.
Old 11-14-2018, 10:00 PM
Praetorian

I just triggered a CTD but it had nothing to do with using Meteor...
https://i.gyazo.com/e6f9b9fb695a2cbc...518ef3aa60.gif
https://i.gyazo.com/7f8c2aec32abd33f...cb816b5f70.gif
https://i.gyazo.com/294eb9ee47debd58...852dc7e00b.gif

I've been playing on this character (your character) for about 20 minutes now, running around in Gloomwald (Act 5 has the highest density with grimmest afaik) just smashing enemies with meteor with veteran (grimmest) enabled. So far, I leveled up from 68 to 69, and almost reached the Coven....

https://i.gyazo.com/ee0a2335e5ee6940...1457eb1635.jpg

Here is when I crashed, last thing I saw happening was flashbang proc from the sharpshooter belt, but that's not the problem I think because I afk'd for about 5 minutes in a huge mob with god mode on and just that belt equipped... no crash. I could have sworn the belt was the cause due to history with flashbang procs... anyway... as I said and as you can see, meteor was on cooldown so it wasn't the cause. I opened the inventory during combat and the moment I pushed "I" it crashed.

no idea what the issue would be.
Old 11-15-2018, 06:34 AM
Speaker

I think it could be the belt, just played for an hour through Act 5 and did Valbury, zero crashes. I had that belt unequipped. Maybe it only happens when it interacts with something else? Like a proc or skill?
Old 11-15-2018, 01:29 PM
Praetorian

It's possible but really I couldn't say.
Old 11-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Initiate

Default Crashing problem

I was suddenly having an increase of crashes myself. it became game breaking. Windows 10 had an update recently don't know if that has anything to do with the crashes or not.

I would be playing along no lag no warnings & suddenly complete lockup. The ctrl+window+D worked to see its window thing but couldn't close game. Couldn't close with task manager. Had to reboot computer.

Now I play about 6 alts & I would have maybe one crash a game session. Now Im on the earth/dream mastery one & I had about 5 crashes in blood grove & it was completely impossible to get through the darkvale dungeon. I tried removing items that proc but it didn't seem to help. Even tried w/o pet up. no good. Do not have meteor spell yet so its not in play.

I believe that theres more then one issue is in play here. But what seemed to work for me was turning particle effects to low. (I have a 1080 video card with 32g ram.) I haven't had one crash since made to Fort Iknon (however that's spelled). Keeping my fingers crossed.

Might try that see if it helps you. Have to admit Im curious if that's the problem or not. Im no programmer so Im kinda ignorant on stuff.

Last edited by pepperhall; 11-15-2018 at 05:04 PM.
Old 11-16-2018, 08:26 AM
Speaker

I don't have Windows 10 (using Win7), played for several hours with no crashes so I think it could either be an item or something with Windows updates.
Old 11-16-2018, 10:22 PM
Praetorian

In most cases crashes are related to items/procs. If you are completely naked, not using ANY buffs, skills or devotions and still manage to crash, if it's related to the mod it's probably due to a high amount of spawns or some weird bug related to whatever enemy spawns. Maybe an enemy has a weird proc or something

For us as modders it's really impossible to say what is the cause of a crash, we don't have tools to help us find that out, so it really boils down to you guys sharing as much information as possible, classes, items, single player or MP, areas, specific events, etc. If we cannot reproduce your crash in a very specific way, then it's not gonna get fixed. Like with Barry, I tried to find the cause but I didn't even crash from using meteor, but another person who tested the character crashed from using meteor (after playing some time).

However now he says it works fine without using that item, for some reason. The item isn't even a mod item, so who knows what's going on, I sure as hell don't. Lol.

Please don't misconstrue this post, I'm not trying to berate you guys for posting bugs or anything, I'm just hoping to inform you it's difficult for me to track crashes and find the source.
Old Yesterday, 12:37 AM
Initiate

Hi, i started a new game with a new character and i want to play on elite mode, but the problem is that the monsters are lvl 39-40+ already at the very beginning of the game. is this normal or a bug? thank u
Old Yesterday, 04:55 PM
Initiate

Well I definitely don't know what im talking about. Switched to an alt & crashed 4 times in blood grove. Single player btw. Removed items that proc & got to fort Ikon. Went to next alt played just fine till I was running out of homestead to teleport & crashed. Why there? really aggravating I had just finished darkvale dungeon but hadn't made it to the next teleport. Now I have to do dungeon again.
Old Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Praetorian

So it crashes in Blood Grove and Darkvale? When you say you removed items, it's important to know which items. If they are modded items they might be the cause.

Also what masteries?

Are you playing Normal Difficulty? Grimmest/Veteran? If you're playing with Grimmest/Veteran, try without.

Grimarillion or Ungrim? If Grimarillion, try Ungrim, only for those areas where it crashes at least to see if it helps. They should be compatible mods.