Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Ideas and Feedback

Old 03-14-2018, 04:05 PM
Ascendant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptirodaktill View Post
I think +1 Inquisitor and extra burning dmg for rune of Kalastor on this mace could make it competitive for burning purifiers.
+1

Remove the BWC mod. Burn BWC has more than enough support, same goes for Burn CT.

Burn Forcewave and Burn Kalastor could use some more support.

--------
Useful mods-
Spoiler!
Old 03-14-2018, 10:23 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mad_lee View Post
Times when BWC spam builds shined in Crucible are over I am afraid. And even if one manages a competitive BWC spam sorc, what use is that duration bonus anyway if you can spam like six bottles in 2 seconds?
Reaaaaaaaally disagree with everything here.

BWC spam is perfectly viable. I've been playing a spam sorc for a while now since I got bored of meteors having played it a ton to get geared after AoM dropped. https://www.grimtools.com/calc/JVl33dp2 for reference. Its not the fastest build (especially against sharzul lul) but I find it really fun to play since it combines a few different playstyles in crucible. Its a very versatile build and you didnt even have to stack billions of DA . (kiting dot caster with TD+mirror)

Regarding M. Herald:

So I shared the general opinion of this thread when I first started playing this build-- herald is trash and strictly worse than warpfire. BUT actually the modifiers are quite useful in crucible. The additional duration is particularly important since it makes kiting much easier in the most difficult waves (160, 170) because you can paint a path with bwc and run the monsters around in it. The duration means that your bwc is still on the floor while you're doing all of this.

That being said there are a few things I dont like about this particular item.

1. The res is completely worthless.
Not just on my particular build, but in general. This item falls into the category of 'items which contribute to builds with res hitting 200% overcap.' The res could be changed, but I would prefer it being removed entirely in favor of more offensive bonuses.

2. Burn duration bonus + other % bonuses
These stats should be at least as high as warpfire (currently they are closer to half warpfire's values and way worse in the duration department)

3. Burn damage mod to bwc could be increased (125 higher would be a super nice place).

4. The proc is 'OK' vacuously, but isnt super great in a spam build.
In particular the comparative amount of physical damage it does versus fire/burn (would be nicer if it had higher fire/burn damage and reduced phys). If the proc carried some zesty stuff like RR that would also be pretty cool. Frankly I would be happy with some sort of rework which didnt include a big meatball.

tl;dr the duration mod to bwc is a very nice/important QOL feature for cruc w/ spam builds, but the other stuff on the item sucks compared to warpfire (which has absurd stats)

Last edited by uuujiiib; 03-15-2018 at 08:01 AM.
Old 03-14-2018, 10:29 PM
Herald

Unless this item has something that it does better than warpfire does it, there's really no point in ever using it. Currently it doesn't, so it never gets used. C'est la vie.
Old 04-27-2018, 12:08 PM
Herald

Do you think having more phys --> Fire conversion could potentially fix it?
Old 04-27-2018, 01:15 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
I think as it is an item that is meant for a BWC spamming Purifier, it needs either +1 to Inq/Demo skills or better proc. Sorcerers absolutely can't use it because they need RR from Warpfire.
Old 04-27-2018, 01:24 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir spanksalot View Post
It could make the item stronger for sure but I doubt increasing conversion will make it since 15% is just the standard for phys-anything conversion on 1h right now.. I don't think herald is weak. It's just outclassed by warpfire on tranmuted bwc and spamcocktails isn't exaclty good rn. I'm actually thinking of a build using this rn and will probably start testing once patch hits (and we won't need TD for cruci).