Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 03-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Supporter

Nice build dude
Old 03-13-2018, 07:15 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strigvir View Post
Why arcanist though? Witchblade has roughly the same stats but -25% phys res on top.

How good is the Oleron proc? It might be better to respec it and bind Assassin's Mark instead. War Cry + CoF + Ass Mark = easy frontloaded -82% phys res.
RIP preferred playstyle.
Old 03-13-2018, 10:22 AM
Speaker

Why Nullification? I thought the idea of the build was to convert elemental damage to physical damage?
Old 03-13-2018, 10:36 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aMIGa View Post
Why Nullification? I thought the idea of the build was to convert elemental damage to physical damage?
Would be best kept at 1 point and reinvest
Old 03-13-2018, 10:37 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Nullification to remove debuffs people cast on you as well as buffs people cast on themselves. It's a must in all arcanists, even more so than Mirror/Maivens. Easily one of the best skills in the game.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:14 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Why arcanist though? Witchblade has roughly the same stats but -25% phys res on top.
As I already mentioned at the beginning it was an idea to try fun build in Dovakin style: Forcewave as Fus-Ro-Dah, Mirror as Feim-Zii-Gron and etc. The witchblade is strong masteries combination and should be solid variant as well. However I got an impression that there too much good witchblade builds and wanted to try something less popular.

Quote:
How good is the Oleron proc? It might be better to respec it and bind Assassin's Mark instead. War Cry + CoF + Ass Mark = easy frontloaded -82% phys res.
Feels good to me. I used Assassin's Mark with Forcewave on Elite and it was nice. However on Absolute I got an impression that Oleron proc + Forcewave is better combination or maybe it is my personal preferences. It is useful when face tank bosses, nemesis and Mad Queen or if clear the crowd with strong enemies. Just use Assassin's Mark on the strongest one from time to time and continue the fight.

Last edited by Strannik; 03-13-2018 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-13-2018, 05:37 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Nope. We sacrifice a little bit of physical damage to get solid % critical damage boost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfluff View Post
Would be best kept at 1 point and reinvest
Well, x1x1x1x2 provided good justification to max Nullification. This skill is, IMHO, extremely useful and especiially against pack of heroes or in fights against bosses/nemesis with minions. Other build combination have to use Cleansing Waters proc that is just a pale shadow of Nullification with unpredictable behaviour.

Last but not least, it is pricelessly to make Mad Queen more mad and angry when remove here aura almost every time.

P.S: Well, before getting all planned pieces of gear I was testing build setups to find optimal one. And the worst nightmare for me were bosses or nemesis, like Alkamos and Fabius, with items on reflect. The mirror and nullification, and sometime tortoise, helped me to avoid the death from reflected hight IT damage. You can find example of such intermediate setups below.

https://www.grimtools.com/calc/xZyvd9eN

Old 03-14-2018, 12:45 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtrand View Post
Nice build dude
Thank you!
Old 03-20-2018, 03:04 PM
Counsel

Updated the guide. Added the following sections:

1. Gameplay
2. Devotions setup
Old 03-23-2018, 05:31 PM
Counsel

Updated my second post - the next one after the guide on 2H physical Forcewave build. Added cold & lightning Forcewave builds - take into account that they are in testing and could be not optimised yet.

Tags
battlemage