Old 02-16-2017, 05:57 AM
Supporter

Hi all,

I know this is a little off topic but you all seem pretty knowledgeable about GD in general.

My issue with shared stash disappearing started again tonight. I haven't changed anything. I can't seem to figure out what is causing it, although it seems to happen if I join someone else's multiplayer game. If I host my own it seems to not delete the stash.

As an insurance policy I started backing up my stash files, and I installed Item Assistant just in case. But any insights would be great.

EDIT: May have to do with how I set up my symbolic links...troubleshooting it...

Last edited by adlit; 02-17-2017 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:41 AM
Supporter

Hi all,

Odie, this may be a stupid question, but how do I set the directory for save games if there are spaces in the path?

For example, if I write "Grim Dawn" as part of the directory, the program cuts off after "Grim

Any suggestions for how to fix my syntax? I tried doing the entire directory in quotes, only the folder w/ spaces in quotes, and the whole thing with or without < >
Old 02-17-2017, 02:58 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adlit View Post
Hi all,

Odie, this may be a stupid question, but how do I set the directory for save games if there are spaces in the path?

For example, if I write "Grim Dawn" as part of the directory, the program cuts off after "Grim

Any suggestions for how to fix my syntax? I tried doing the entire directory in quotes, only the folder w/ spaces in quotes, and the whole thing with or without < >
Hi adlit!

Just put the directory in quotes:

Code:
savedir "long path goes here"
Old 02-17-2017, 03:01 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odie View Post
Hi adlit!

Just put the directory in quotes:

Code:
savedir "long path goes here"
I've tried that several times, it still will only list the path up to the first space and everything else gets deleted.

My temporary work around was symbolic links but once I realized that was causing my stash errors I'm trying to avoid it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Old 02-17-2017, 03:27 AM
Supporter

Quote:
I've tried that several times, it still will only list the path up to the first space and everything else gets deleted.

My temporary work around was symbolic links but once I realized that was causing my stash errors I'm trying to avoid it

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Hi there!

I tried setting the savedir with the latest build just now and it seems to work. There was an issue with quotes with the editor but it was fixed about two weeks ago. Can you try it again with the latest build?
Old 02-17-2017, 05:08 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Hi there!

I tried setting the savedir with the latest build just now and it seems to work. There was an issue with quotes with the editor but it was fixed about two weeks ago. Can you try it again with the latest build?
Hi Odie,

It worked perfectly! Turns out I was at least 2 versions behind in updates. I forgot to run the update command in the past I guess, so after I updated once, I still wasn't at the most recent version. Now it works great!

Thanks as always!
Old 02-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Hi all!

Another new build, another new command!

The "respec" command lets you uh... respec a character.

Happy gaming!
Just catching up with the thread. If this works with my modded game, ill put your name in my prayers.
Old 02-18-2017, 10:39 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Hi Odie,

It worked perfectly! Turns out I was at least 2 versions behind in updates. I forgot to run the update command in the past I guess, so after I updated once, I still wasn't at the most recent version. Now it works great!

Thanks as always!
No problem, man!
Old 02-18-2017, 10:42 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephist00 View Post
Just catching up with the thread. If this works with my modded game, ill put your name in my prayers.
Howdy, Mephist00!

It should definitely work. It worked okay when I tested it with DAIL. Lemme know if it doesn't work for you for some reason.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:40 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Howdy, Mephist00!

It should definitely work. It worked okay when I tested it with DAIL. Lemme know if it doesn't work for you for some reason.
It works really well, great job man

Tags
editor, save file