Old 02-17-2017, 09:57 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaska View Post
You don't need any level recap for this. This is why I mention horizontal progression.
horizontal progression is boring as well. We currently have some aspects of horizontal progression in the game. And without more traditional progression to accompany it there is no psychological sense of reward for me. Not enough to stay around for longer then a little bit. Because it never takes long for the novelty of horizontal progression to wear off.

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix
Old 02-17-2017, 02:02 PM
Advocate

Thumbs Up

Yeah, I agree with Gibly. Although, I also like to use as many skills as possible, and simply lack skill points to max some of them as a consequence, so I am biased when it comes to "moar skill points".

I know about wariness that "more skill points = same builds everywhere", but I blatantly disregard this, as it takes much more than 30 new sp to get to this point.

Also totally wouldn't mind more powerful gear. Do not care if my previous will become "obsolete", it is , way I perceive it, a game genre about constantly finding and upgrading gear and char, after all. I'm not saying, that because of the legendaries my blue are obsolete, they serve as a fine stepping stone. Our old gear will do same function, and help us soar into the xpac quite nicely, I'm sure.

Keep up the good work, Crate.

Last edited by Malfet; 02-17-2017 at 11:11 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:55 PM
Herald

I missed some chat from a previous stream, when there was some talk about Uroboruuk and Kymon quest line. I was watching on my mobile and chat got disconnected several times. Their quest/story line continues in the expansion right?
Old 02-17-2017, 04:24 PM
Apostle

Just curious will there be new music?

I know you guys are on a clock and on a budget but i really find GDs music to be immersive. Particularly the one in Devil's Crossing.

I'd love for more tracks to be added if it's possible

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 02-17-2017, 04:25 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chthon View Post
Just curious will there be new music?

I know you guys are on a clock and on a budget but i really find GDs music to be immersive. Particularly the one in Devil's Crossing.

I'd love for more tracks to be added if it's possible
Most of the OST isn't even used yet ingame... no idea why they haven't though.

https://www.twitch.tv/Giblix
Old 02-17-2017, 04:26 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibly View Post
Most of the OST isn't even used yet ingame... no idea why they haven't though.
Thanks for the info maybe they're saving it

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 02-17-2017, 05:29 PM
Counsel

Much more new music is a must for the Expansion - it is pure joy and i adds to the atmosphere and mood of the game greatly (as any game music should).

As for Kymon`s/Uro questlines maybe they will be sidelined for the Exp since we are going to basically: gather something in order to transport ourselves to Edge of the Void to rescue Ulgrim; choose between Luminari/Gildam Arcanum both which have important item/help we need in order to defeat the Shaper of Flesh in Malmouth.

Since Korvaak has been hinted to be even worse than Chton he might play central role in Exp 2, hopefully that happens
Old 02-17-2017, 07:21 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gibly View Post
horizontal progression is boring as well. We currently have some aspects of horizontal progression in the game. And without more traditional progression to accompany it there is no psychological sense of reward for me. Not enough to stay around for longer then a little bit. Because it never takes long for the novelty of horizontal progression to wear off.
Funilly enough, it's the small aspects of horizontal progression what has kept me in game so far. I know I represent a tiny minority here. But really, I don't get why hitting a 1000 HP mob with 100 dmg skills is more fun that hitting a 10 HP mob with 1 dmg skills. I just don't get how you get any sense of progression from there. Specially when the mob's level adapts to yours. Bigger numbers is more fun? why?

But well, ppl just like bigger numbers for whatever reason. So be it.
Old 02-17-2017, 08:38 PM
Advocate

Smile

Okay, fresh gospel from Z in last stream. Character stash getting multiple new additional tabs, shared stash gets 1 more tab. Looters, rejoice!
Old 02-17-2017, 09:10 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malfet View Post
Okay, fresh gospel from Z in last stream. Character stash getting multiple new additional tabs, shared stash gets 1 more tab. Looters, rejoice!
A fine and welcome example of horizontal progression.

Tags
animations, expansion