Old 02-17-2017, 05:09 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathanious View Post
Dream. You can convert the damage to lit or vitality and the passives are amazing.

Warfare is pretty solid as well.
Whispers of TQ's Harbinger, OP as hell.
Old 02-24-2017, 01:06 PM
Supporter

Computer died can't play my fav mod comp
Old 03-03-2017, 04:20 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kathanious View Post
passives are amazing.
which one of them? Convertation is good, but other masteries are more usefull
Old 03-04-2017, 01:59 PM
Emissary

Let's discuss 22 residents for DAIL. The rotation idea was good at the time, now Crate has 2 masteries coming, etc. I want to settle on 22 and be done with it for now.

I want two of each archetype. D3 masteries are out. Grimer's mod has really come into its own and no longer needs help with exposure. Frost Knight is out; DoH is discontinuing the class. Classes that have rotated out can be considered.

Here's my initial, partial list:

Pets - Voidcaller, Coronus
Ranged - Ranger, Outrider
Holy Divers - Champion, Cenobite
Reavers - Mystic Warrior, Fangshi

Last edited by Kathanious; 03-04-2017 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 06:25 PM
Herald

My thoughts still go along these lines:
Vanilla masteries - 8
Zenith masteries - 6
Dawn of Heroes Cataclysm masteries - 8
NCFF masteries - 2/3/4 (depending on what one thinks of Necromancer/Monk)
Various one-offs (Coronus, Mystic Warrior, Celestial) - 2 for now, 3 in the future

That's 26-29 masteries, leaving a little room for more new ones down the line (rebalanced Engineer, or maybe Elwar comes back from the dead) or to take individual masteries from mods instead of whole mods (such as the Illusionist from Darkest Dawn)
Old 03-07-2017, 01:58 AM
Acolyte

Considering summoners (as i only play pure/mixed summoners): Coronus is a pretty controversial mastery. Starting with the stupid names of skills and ending up with a total mess of the idea of the mastery itself. 2-handed melee skills with the whole bunch of weak, low HP summons and inconvinient micro managment buffs (did someone really use them???). If we take 2-handed melee oriented second mastery, then pets sucks terribly (even with Shaman). In case of strong summon-oriented second mastery we'll get a somehow viable summoner, but those ctrl-click buffs (completely not possible on gamepad, by the way) transform gameplay into tedious and boring routine.
NCFF Necromancer is way, WAY better!!! Even with his questionable Exclusive skill.
Arch Necromancer is a good solid mastery as well, but strangely nobody likes those slow moving pets, although it's not something that ruin your game.

So, in my opinion, Coronus has to be rotated out. It has nothing to offer, besides the whole screen of skeletons with great FPS reduction.

Last edited by Samael187; 03-07-2017 at 02:01 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:06 AM
Herald

Hmm, those are some good points you've made. I do remember how awful it was trying to deal with those pet buffs to the point that I stopped trying to both and just respec'd out of them. The reason I was thinking of keeping Coronus over the 2 Necromancers is that it's been pretty heavily hinted that the 2nd mastery coming with the expansion will be a necromancer of some sort, and I don't want name overlap like that. The fact that we had to rename the Necromancer to Arch Necromancer is bad enough.

This is why we're asking for feedback! Potential future mastery choices are nowhere near set in stone, so please speak up and say something about what masteries/mods you do or don't want to see in DAIL. Please keep in mind however that we prefer to not have part of a mastery mod if it has multiple masteries, it makes things a hassle when we update and only need to take half of that other mod's update.
Old 03-07-2017, 07:49 AM
Initiate

My very first post, and wouldn't you know .. I accidentally delete it after previewing ..

Anyway, Hi! Sorry for not being more social until now. I'm pretty sure I clicked on a few polls at least ..

Yesterday, I would have agreed on DoH + NCFF + Zenith as a starting point. Today I read Zenith will add a bunch of multiclass skills, which kind of devalues it in a mod compilation, IMHO, so maybe DoH + NCFF + Grim Quest would be a better starting point.

I don't know how popular this idea would be, but I've played the original masteries a lot, and have yet to seriously play any of them in a mod. I wouldn't be bothered at all to see the original 6 dropped to make way for others, although the 2 new ones should have a spot.

In any case, GQ + Zenith + Core is already represented in Grimarillion, so it would be nice if DAIL covered other combinations. I say this fully intending to play both mods.

I've never been a fan of "Rain Smell means Skeleton Archers" either, but to each his own. It's hard to pick between Necro and Arch because although they're very similar, they have very different synergies. I had a lot of fun playing a Voidcaller/Necro in the last DAIL version. I have yet to make an Arch Necro, but there seem to be a lot of reasonable combinations.

Other random thoughts: Fangshi is a fave. Mystic Warrior looks really interesting, I've avoided it only because of the rotating slot. I was sorry to see Engineer go, even if it had a bunch of those "restricted to masteries in the unmerged mod" skills I dislike.

Sorry for any incoherence in the rambling .. Monday night and all ..

Last edited by fajing; 03-07-2017 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-07-2017, 12:47 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlienFromBeyond View Post
we prefer to not have part of a mastery mod if it has multiple masteries, it makes things a hassle when we update and only need to take half of that other mod's update.
I do understand it, but the thing is Coronus is a BAD mastery in all aspets, while both Necros are damn GOOD!!!
Moreover, Kir4 (a.k.a. T3nd0, the creator of the best perk overhaul mods for Skyrim), has only 2 masteries in Darkest Dawn and Illusionist is a unique distinctive mastery. It was in DAIL and the reason why it rotated out still unclear to me. Yes, it was bugged, but those were DAIL bugs. Why not keeping them both? They will not be updated anymore. And Kir4 will not be against сhanging name of Arch Necro to smth else.
The same goes to NCFF masteries, though there are 5 of them, the are all have brilliant design and a lot of variability.

With all due respect to the hard compiling/coding work, I thought mods like DAIL were made for fun and with the idea to make the game ideally perfect and not for the complaints about how it is difficult.
Again, don't get me wrong or rude, I do respect your dedication and, as a person who likes to mod himself, I know how much effort and time you have to put without any refund but personal satisfaction of your hard work.
In Russia we have a proverb "Взялся за гуж, не говори, что не дюж!". The closest meaning in English variant is "If you can’t stand the heat get out of the kitchen". So, in my opinion, it's better to not making it at all, than be deterred by some difficulties, knowing that this hard way is the best!

Once again, i apologize if such words seems rude to you. That is not my purpose. Like you I just want to make this mod better and such comments is the only viable way for me now.
I'm grateful to you for the development of DAIL and wish you godspeed and sound mind!
Old 03-07-2017, 01:48 PM
Emissary

I needed two slots for the rotation idea. The voices that whisper in my ear said Illusionist and Engineer.