Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Old 02-16-2017, 07:24 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nssheepster View Post
Defenses when you stand in place? Cough, you mean things like Arctic Armor? A system POE already had, and is just redoing? Stun Immunity? You know how many ways GGG has made Stun Immunity a priority in that game? There's multiple sources, that's just another one.

Tell me what system they are adding that doesn't already exist in POE, and maybe, just maybe, it'll be something of value that adds to their game.
No. A system where the more time you stand in place, the bigger defense is. So its not like Arctic Armor and is a more unique mechanic. Or flask recharge every 3 second if you did not kill a monster recently. Or defense against big dmg spike hits, or small fast attacks.

In fact, here watch this video where they explain in detail what they are doing with the system, so you can understand better and stop posting false impressions where you compare it to d3 bullshit as they are not similar in any way or form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pLURgiCV10

Anyway some other news, there will be normal negative resistant penalty as before, but this time it is explained in the story and will happen after some plot moments (two times with -30 resist for total of -60). Another cool thing is that depending from act 2 bandit quest choice you can affect act 7 (they hinted at it, but still dont want to talk about it that much). But there will be only one bandit quest reword that will be rebalanced. Number of free skill points reword from quests will be same as before, just done with new quests in new acts. Lab will be still the same as you will need to do it 4 times, but, first lab (or first two labs) will be shorter (with less areas).

They are still experimenting with trade changes, and will see how the chine version will go, but overall it looks like no trade improvements for vanilla version with 3.0

The level of your character when you finish with the main story will be same as with current version, and maps end game will start in act 10.
and that he is within a sword-thrust of destruction.

Last edited by Ragnar; 02-16-2017 at 08:00 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 07:32 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
The level of your character when you finish with the main story will be same as with current version, and maps end game will start in act 10.
Does that mean it expedites the leveling process? 10 acts is shorter than 12 (3 x 4). If so, good, I guess? Leveling in PoE is always a pain to do (self found).
Old 02-16-2017, 07:58 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Does that mean it expedites the leveling process? 10 acts is shorter than 12 (3 x 4). If so, good, I guess? Leveling in PoE is always a pain to do (self found).
Depends how long the other 6 acts are. They didnt say anything how long it will take you to get to same level and finish the story line, but they said that act 5 will take from 2h to 4h.
Old 02-17-2017, 12:14 AM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnar View Post
In fact, here watch this video where they explain in detail what they are doing with the system, so you can understand better and stop posting false impressions where you compare it to d3 bullshit as they are not similar in any way or form.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pLURgiCV10
You realize that perhaps I've looked and still disagree with you? Crazy notion, I know. Someone having the information AND disagreeing with you.
Old 02-17-2017, 02:43 AM
Praetorian

While I'm glad that GGG are doing well I probably still won't touch the game after the last time I attempted to get into it.

Something about the game is just off putting for me.

Having 1 Difficulty is interesting and rather understandable. Kinda gets rid of some replay value but I get that some people don't like repeating the same content - would be interesting to have a game support the concept via story and make vast changes for each difficulty.

As for the mini argument about defensive abilities for standing in one spot and Diablo 3 I'm pretty sure that D3 does indeed have some passives/runes that do that.
Old 02-17-2017, 03:44 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeMasked View Post
While I'm glad that GGG are doing well I probably still won't touch the game after the last time I attempted to get into it.

Something about the game is just off putting for me.

Having 1 Difficulty is interesting and rather understandable. Kinda gets rid of some replay value but I get that some people don't like repeating the same content - would be interesting to have a game support the concept via story and make vast changes for each difficulty.

As for the mini argument about defensive abilities for standing in one spot and Diablo 3 I'm pretty sure that D3 does indeed have some passives/runes that do that.
Grainy graphics, clunky combat, and boring enemies..plus gender locked classes. PoE isn't my thing, either.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:17 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martimus View Post
Grainy graphics, clunky combat, and boring enemies..plus gender locked classes. PoE isn't my thing, either.
Yeah, that tho. Couldn't get into it myself.
Old 02-18-2017, 11:11 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceno View Post
Likely be more interesting and self found will have a new league option now with ladder.
so you can track your self vs others along the way.
Old 02-18-2017, 04:39 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_dead_pig View Post
Likely be more interesting and self found will have a new league option now with ladder.
so you can track your self vs others along the way.
He is interested in game mode that is balanced around self found. Where drop rates and item progression is made around player themselves and not the whole economy so you need to trade at some point or invest a lot more time in grinding. Poe self found doesnt change the drop rates or porgression and is only there for bragging rights that you played without trading
Old 02-19-2017, 10:18 AM
Counsel

I think this expansion will be the best to ever happen in any A-RPG in a long time, since they remove the need for u to replay the same content over and over and thats a VERY big thing for me and alot of others.

The Pantheon system might actually be inspired by GD's devotion system from the looks of it and that can only be a good thing eh?

I like how they continue the story as well, ZiggyD showed a playtrough of act 5 and its great to see the effects of the PC's actions in later acts since it only adds more depth and removes the static feeling u have with most A-RPG's when it comes to that.

For the haters, there are alot of video's on youtube with dev interviews that explain how the they work most of the current system into the new one so view those first before getting so negative about it, they also have a Beta before release(wich i'm giong to try to get into) so alot will change i in that for sure.

what i find the most cool about GGG is that they listen to their community, just like its here with GD.
So i think that like with The Awakening this expansion will turn out even better then what is revealed so far becouse of that

@Fraggins and Martinus, when was the last time u guys played the game? 2 years ago? couse so much has inproved(and even more will when the new league starts) that i think most of your points are not not valid anymore, especially the graphics and combat,(nothing can be done about the genderlocked classes, but who cares?) so give it a go again after the release the Legacy league or the expansion and i'm sure u find it much more fun then.
And if not "shrug" can't please everybody, no game can.
And into darkness send it.