Old 02-16-2017, 12:36 AM
Speaker

Default Help modifying skill

So i've just started to play around with modding and i'm learning(fumbling through) how to change stuff in the masteries. I've changed savagery from light/bleed to phys/bleed and now i'm playing with Storm Touched.
I've added a trauma dot instead of elecrocute, but now im trying to add a miniature version of blast shield/tortoise shell.

I've opened up those two skills to try and copy what they did, but neither of them use the, Defensive Parameters > Defensive Absolute > Defensive Absorption.

Instead its on the skill config section.

How would I go about adding a X chance on hit to gain a X absorption shield for X seconds to storm touched when using savagery.
(I'd like to copy the turtle shell animation also)

OP sure, but just playing around
Old 02-16-2017, 01:26 AM
Speaker

Okay, i'm getting somewhere. I've got savagery to have an 8% chance on attack to cast the energy shield from maiven's lens amulet.
However its showing as a celestial power linked to savagery, any ideas there?
Also looks like I would need to make a new skill for every level of Storm Touched, or is there a better way?

Looks cool though, modding is fun

Last edited by Auxion; 02-16-2017 at 01:29 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auxion View Post
How would I go about adding a X chance on hit to gain a X absorption shield for X seconds
Hi Auxion
Use skillsecondary_onhitbuffradius or skill_passiveonhitbuffself.tpl(not sure about this one).
Didn't look into skills, but cadence(playerclass01) with its additional duration buff is looks pretty similar to what you looking for.
-
Not sure what do you mean by "animation"... Look for effects in SkillEffects.
If said skill is using certain cast aimation, copy anm tag from its SkillConfig/SkillSpecialAnimationName

Last edited by fortunate son; 02-16-2017 at 09:55 AM.