#1  
Old 12-29-2017, 11:29 PM
eviltypeguy eviltypeguy is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Default Grim Dawn boxes shipping? Caution!

Hey, I received an email today claiming Grim Dawn was finally shipping, but there's one big problem with that -- a survey should have been sent out first to verify the address on file. The Grim Dawn kickstarter was in 2012 -- I would venture to guess that many people (such as myself) have moved in the last ~5 years.

I sent a message through kickstarter to the campaign asking for my shipping address to be corrected, but I'm posting here a general reminder/inquiry for others that may have the same problem I do.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-01-2018, 10:21 PM
Ragugo Ragugo is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1
Default

Same unfortunate problem here. Hope I'll manage to still pick it up if it goes to the wrong address.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-02-2018, 05:57 AM
eviltypeguy eviltypeguy is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragugo View Post
Same unfortunate problem here. Hope I'll manage to still pick it up if it goes to the wrong address.
I ended up paying for package intercept via the USPS website since no one responded here or to my message on kickstarter:

retail-pi.usps.com/retailpi/actions/index.action
Reply With Quote
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4  
Old 01-02-2018, 06:32 PM
Zantai's Avatar
Zantai Zantai is offline
Crate Employee - Designer
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 7,395
Default

We asked for updated addresses many many times. We sent several waves of messages on Kickstarter to users that hadn't entered an address.

We posted an update with a final call to enter/update your address in January 2017. Granted the eventual shipping of the boxes came later than expected, but we posted several Kickstarter updates over the last year regarding what was happening.

That includes an update that provided an email address to contact us regarding address changes/updates.

So saying that people moved in the last 5 years and had no opportunities to correct the address they had given us is a bit much.

In any case, if your address had changed and you did not update us, then email salessupport@crateentertainment.com with your old/new address and the email you used to back the Kickstarter and we'll look into getting your copy to you.
__________________
***Waste of Souls***
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-02-2018, 07:27 PM
medea fleecestealer medea fleecestealer is online now
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 5,541
Default

Have you visited the forum regularly? Because this was the last thread which again asked anyone who wasn't sure their info was still correct to contact Crate.

http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36847

And yes, I've moved in the last 5 years and made sure that Crate knew of my change of address. I WANT that copy.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-03-2018, 05:38 AM
Capn Tucker's Avatar
Capn Tucker Capn Tucker is offline
Campaigner
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 619
Default

Received my boxed copy today, thank you. Didn't think I would ever see it after 5 years having gone by, but here it is. Hopefully soon I will have a PC again that I can play it on..
__________________
Grim Dawn Boxed Special Edition
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-03-2018, 03:16 PM
Cavar's Avatar
Cavar Cavar is offline
Praetorian
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,406
Default

Got my boxed copy in the mail last night.

Love the smaller box, but unfortunately it came damaged in 2 places. One place on each of the flaps that open. One was ripped and the other looks like something was poked through it.
__________________
Cavar
Legendary Key Holder since February 2010

Kickstarter Contributor - Hoarder's Edition - 5/2/2012
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-06-2018, 05:38 AM
eviltypeguy eviltypeguy is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
We asked for updated addresses many many times. We sent several waves of messages on Kickstarter to users that hadn't entered an address.
Sorry, but I never received any such request that I can find or recall, certainly nothing in the January time frame.

In addition to that, I don't have any kickstarter messages from your project asking for such information which is the way all other projects that I've dealt with have done this. (They always show up as a survey or the like on the kickstarter website.)

So I believe your project thinks that a message was successfully sent to everyone, but clearly that did not happen. Especially since I'm not the only one that this has happened to.

The first and only message I've received recently was the one notifying me that I would receive a package at the wrong address. Since I received that email but did not receive any others recently from your project, clearly things did not happen as your project believes them to.

Quote:
In any case, if your address had changed and you did not update us, then email ... with your old/new address and the email you used to back the Kickstarter and we'll look into getting your copy to you.
I will email your project, but you should be aware that communications asking for updated addresses were not sent out or may not have been received by everyone as your project believes them to have been and perhaps you should be contacting your fulfillment vendor to address this.

Last edited by eviltypeguy; 03-06-2018 at 05:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-06-2018, 07:15 PM
Blake Blake is offline
Speaker
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 55
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eviltypeguy View Post
Sorry, but I never received any such request that I can find or recall, certainly nothing in the January time frame.

In addition to that, I don't have any kickstarter messages from your project asking for such information which is the way all other projects that I've dealt with have done this. (They always show up as a survey or the like on the kickstarter website.)

So I believe your project thinks that a message was successfully sent to everyone, but clearly that did not happen. Especially since I'm not the only one that this has happened to.

The first and only message I've received recently was the one notifying me that I would receive a package at the wrong address. Since I received that email but did not receive any others recently from your project, clearly things did not happen as your project believes them to.



I will email your project, but you should be aware that communications asking for updated addresses were not sent out or may not have been received by everyone as your project believes them to have been and perhaps you should be contacting your fulfillment vendor to address this.
I work in a complaints department and seeing messages like this really p*** me off.

Get off your damn high horse, the customer isn't always right. Complaining about this months after release....

Last edited by Blake; 03-06-2018 at 07:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-07-2018, 05:56 AM
eviltypeguy eviltypeguy is offline
Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blake View Post
Get off your damn high horse, the customer isn't always right. Complaining about this months after release....
I did not receive any surveys, inquiries, or other requests asking for an updated address in the timeframe mentioned. The first communication I had received recently was a shipping notification -- not a request to ensure addresses are updated. This is not a case of "customer is always right" or "high horse"; just the facts.

I will state for the record though that, thankfully, my package although sent to the wrong address was returned to sender, so the fulfillment vendor is now sending it back again to the correct address. I look forward to receiving it.

Grim Dawn is a great game, and as one of the early backers at a higher tier, I'm thrilled to see it was actually finished (unlike many other projects I pledged to).
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


Grim Dawn ©2018 Crate Entertainment, LLC.
vBulletin® 3.8.4 ©2000-2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.