Old 11-24-2017, 02:01 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by medea fleecestealer View Post
No, far too bright for Grim Dawn. It's supposed to be grim you know.
Grimdark or Grimbright, though? It's starting to almost look like the latter after AoM wraps up.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:45 PM
Speaker

The new background is so beautiful (at Crate's website). Not sure what genre Crate will be working on but if it's an RPG that will be great. Jumping to the MOBA genre is not a good way to kill yourself i would say. If Crate work on an isometric RPG game that would be awesome too.
Old 11-24-2017, 07:53 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by archaven View Post
The new background is so beautiful (at Crate's website). Not sure what genre Crate will be working on but if it's an RPG that will be great. Jumping to the MOBA genre is not a good way to kill yourself i would say. If Crate work on an isometric RPG game that would be awesome too.
Please no MOBA please no MOBA please no MOBA

Hell is other people and MOBAs are what you play to be reminded of that.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:10 PM
Campaigner

I kind of envy the fame Titan Quest is getting now. looks like Titan Quest Ragnarok will probably get another shot to a dlc first than Grim Dawn.

if we are to believe the trailer views as a good sign for the game:

Ragnarok trailer on YT: already at 427k views
Ashes of Malmouth on YT - 178k views and this was posted way more earlier..

so what the game needs is more popularity, publicity... sales and more sales . this as a result will guarantee us our GD expansion. Too bad the game is not getting the attention it deserves.
Old 11-24-2017, 08:28 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by el critico View Post
I kind of envy the fame Titan Quest is getting now. looks like Titan Quest Ragnarok will probably get another shot to a dlc first than Grim Dawn.

if we are to believe the trailer views as a good sign for the game:

Ragnarok trailer on YT: already at 427k views
Ashes of Malmouth on YT - 178k views and this was posted way more earlier..

so what the game needs is more popularity, publicity... sales and more sales . this as a result will guarantee us our GD expansion. Too bad the game is not getting the attention it deserves.
I've tried to spread the "good word" so to speak in my (limited) circles but a shocking number of the people I know seem to have crap taste in games.
I kid, somewhat, I realize ARPGs aren't everyone's cup of tea. What I'm not getting is why people I talk to who ostensibly LIKE ARPGs don't seem to be perking up as strongly as I thought they would at GD. I would consider writing a Steam review if I thought anyone read them for any other purpose than to laugh at the obvious joke reviews or flag them. A Metacritic review would mean very little I think, as I don't recall the last time I heard of someone reading a user review on Metacritic (they just care about the numbers).
Old 11-24-2017, 09:19 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tycho View Post
If I sigged things I would sig this.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:18 PM
Supporter

Quote:

This. /10char
Old 11-24-2017, 11:29 PM
Champion

Quote:

This. Card games too. I feel like a lot of series out there these days are either making a MOBA or a card game with their series.

Fable probably had the worst treatment with it's series that I can think of - an on-rails Kinect game followed by Legends (which I think was meant to be a MOBA? can't remember, it was cancelled anyway) and now a card game.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:32 PM
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Baka View Post
an on-rails Kinect game
Dead on arrival. Holy jeez what a bad call to make. "You know what we're going to do with this series? A Kinect tie-in. That'll surely get people interested in our crappy peripheral."

Peripheral goes way of dodo, franchise sinks with all hands aboard.
Old 11-29-2017, 08:18 PM
Acolyte

I don't know for sure about the plot, but GD can still receive some new masteries. Also, the current masteries could receive 2 or 3 new skills to add even more varety for the builds.

I think Illusion Packs would be a good way for Crate to get an extra cash. But I'm talking about 20 sets (set = helm, chest, pants, gloves, belt and boots) of new appearances, plus some special ones. I want to help the developers, but I will not buy 8 appearances in a DLC (Steam Loyalist Items), it's not worth it.

Also, something that all ARPGs lack is an endgame objective. I reached the maximum level, I got the perfect items, I slayed the toughest bosses several times. What I do now? A good response for this question can keep a game alive for a bigger time.