Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > What Else Are You Playing?

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-16-2012, 04:40 PM
Champion

Battletag : Skellt#1123

And no i dont mind starting fresh

My usual playtime hours are 19-24:00 EST during week and weekends.. all day.. but all of that is conditionnal to have nothing else to do

Steam Username : Skellt
Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Champion

Well I finally played it.

Two really positive things: Combat is fantastic! Fun, intense and general good ride. The other, so far, is the immersion in the story from the animations to speech to characters so far. I'm nearing the end of act one, I think... I'm looking forward to the crafting system being cool.

Two things I'm indifferent to: The areas seem to be guiding me on rails so far. I'm not a fan of being led around by the nose, and I had the same indifference with the TQ did it as well. There isn't much room for side quests, but the odd side dungeon is a nice touch. The second is the skill system. When do I get to make choices? It seems like the only thing I get to choose are ... passives? Skill runes aren't that special. The skills, along with stats on level remind of playing Final Fantasy. There isn't really anything special to leveling up; but you'll notice it eventually.

I really dislike the auto online so far because of Error: 37. If I can't connect then I can't play. What a crock of shit that is. My connection is strong and about average for residential: 768kb/s is what we're set up on.

Other than that, having fun so far.

Cheers,

Malph
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiaco View Post
It is not censorship, it is called Whack a mole.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrock View Post
I guess it only makes sense for Ghosts'n Goblins to go online. I mean, online is the current realm of people running around in their underwear, and Ghosts'n Goblins pretty much invented running around in your underwear.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:56 PM
Supporter

I died.. on normal. In act II..
Some guy was digging, told me we'd be safe if we didn't disturb the ship wreck and naturally I started to pound on it. Bloated fallen arrived and before I could do anything I was dead. Turns out one bloated fallen exploding took more than half my life and three had exploded in my face.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:10 AM
Campaigner

I survived that attack and found a log book page #8 for the ship which can't be sold.

Legendary Supporter upgraded to Boxed Deluxe Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
I play for grass of course!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:37 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hay82 View Post
I died.. on normal. In act II..
Some guy was digging, told me we'd be safe if we didn't disturb the ship wreck and naturally I started to pound on it. Bloated fallen arrived and before I could do anything I was dead. Turns out one bloated fallen exploding took more than half my life and three had exploded in my face.
Haha, curiosity kills the cat xDD Good for you that the Diablo 3 death penalty is extremely little, only takes away durability, not even EXP.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindray View Post
BTag: Mindray#xxxx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellt View Post
Battletag : Skellt#xxxx

And no i dont mind starting fresh

My usual playtime hours are 19-24:00 EST during week and weekends.. all day.. but all of that is conditionnal to have nothing else to do

Which region do you want to play together on? Skellt plays on the amercias while Mindray plays on Europe :/ I play on The Americas, but I don't mind changing region because we start a new character anyways.

Last edited by Asgard; 05-23-2012 at 12:59 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Supporter

Played a little bit further then the open beta. I got to level 12 with my monk and i'm really enjoying the game.

At first the fact you couldn't personalise the skill tree was really annoying but the fact that i don't know the skills yet and can change at any time really removes the fact that you need to reroll a dozen of times untill you get a good character.
Old 05-17-2012, 08:56 AM
Herald

Finished act 1 yesterday and man dat cutscene. Also pretty proud (in a pretty nerdy way~) of how I called it regarding the big reveal on the fallen star. Being a Diablo lore buff is maybe not the most useful type of buff, but I'll take it.

I'm playing on hc with the person I play the most with, and we switch to regular chars when the rest of the squad comes on. A funny sideeffect with this is how my hc char is my highest one, and it's really fun not knowing what to expect since it's where I'm seeing the content for the first time. I keep waiting for something equivalent to the D2 lightning scarabs where everything is going fine and your entire party gets wiped in a split second.

Definitely had a lot of really close calls, even while using potions. Starting to see some "grabs" as well where the mob will grapple your character for a couple of seconds which blew my mind a little bit.

Last edited by Roros; 05-17-2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 05-17-2012, 11:52 AM
Champion

haha be wary of the wasps in act two, they look like they tickle.. but they tear my WD

I also died while typing to psychogasm

Steam Username : Skellt
Old 05-17-2012, 12:27 PM
Herald

Yeah, those guys can be scary. At first I thought the little mosquito conga lines were mobs - I kept almost dying trying to punch them with my barb.

Last edited by Roros; 05-17-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:11 PM
Campaigner

I'm still playing the log in game! It's FUN!!
Closed Thread

Tags
diablo, difficulty