Old 10-19-2017, 06:11 AM
Initiate

If this quest isn't screwed up enough already, I didn't get the note, or the dialogue, or the detonation site on Elite*, despite saving the girlfriend, but when I saved her again on Veteran, I got all three.
*Since I had a L70-80 character I played through the story on Elite first, then Veteran the second time for easy Devotion Shrines.
Old 10-19-2017, 02:59 PM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Can confirm Rictor bug on Normal/Veteran as well. No combination of talking to Rictor first or the woman prevents the bug.
Same for me, didn't know there was a quest before I read this thread
Old 10-19-2017, 08:01 PM
Initiate

don't know about Nicoh being random not, messed it up on 1 char on vet
was able to save Nicoh+kids 3 times on other char, doing my same steps resulting in same outcome each time,
so if it's luck i just got really lucky with that guy

Vivien and Rictor on the other hand
i didn't get the full on quest log bug, that would make the issue obvious
but half the times i didn't get rictors thanks quest/reward at all, despite(apparently) performing identical steps each time, so not so lucky on that one
Edit, nvm just had mis-scrolled 1 too far, Rictors Thank's is indeed blank the times quest/reward is missed,
difficulty setting indeed doesn't seem to be a factor

Edit 2, new char unable to reproduce the success with Nicoh Erin, seems whatever "random" trigger that predetermines this, is set waaaay before you encounter him (which might explain the success of 3x in a row on other char, if that random trigger was already locked in)

Last edited by Gnomish Inquisition; 10-19-2017 at 08:47 PM.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:13 PM
Champion

Haven't looked into it in depth but if I had to make an educated guess the random number is set when you join a game. Switching difficulties in that situation would reroll the number. Three in a row isn't that uncommon though, it's hard to make sense of such a small number of results.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #45  
Old 10-19-2017, 09:15 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Nicoh Erin is in fact random, as I suppose some of you have dug up.

This is a purely randomized flavor event and has no bearing on gameplay rewards or story. Just a bit of chaos, dealing with an unpredictable/unhinged individual who may not always react the way you'd expect.

The issue some had with Vivien/Rictor is pretty bizarre as we could not repro it even once during development, but I guess it's just gonna be one of those ghosts in the machine we'll have to exorcise.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:43 PM
Herald

I can understand wanting to have a random encounter, but in all three difficulties on one character and two difficulties on a second character, he attacked me. Bad RNG I guess, but I'd like to experience the other side of the coin at least once.

Is there any way of aborting halfway through the dialogue so I can restart the session until I get the rift option? Also, is there some sort of obvious dialogue that will tell me whether I got the friendly option or not?
Old 10-19-2017, 09:44 PM
Praetorian

^

Click the X in the dialogue box if you get the dialogue that he will attack you.
Old 10-19-2017, 10:23 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stg View Post
I can understand wanting to have a random encounter, but in all three difficulties on one character and two difficulties on a second character, he attacked me. Bad RNG I guess, but I'd like to experience the other side of the coin at least once.

Is there any way of aborting halfway through the dialogue so I can restart the session until I get the rift option? Also, is there some sort of obvious dialogue that will tell me whether I got the friendly option or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
^

Click the X in the dialogue box if you get the dialogue that he will attack you.
see i tried this about a zillion times in my last attempt, went as far as to go back do some resistance q's come back, back out more q's more rep come back, and still no go no matter how many times i backed out
with my other char that was succesful, it was success on success on success
so seems like the random seed must take place prior, and gets locked in
'cos otherwise it seems so weird it was so easy for one, and impossible for another, despite no matter how many times backed out of convo to reattempt
Old 10-20-2017, 01:45 AM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
The issue some had with Vivien/Rictor is pretty bizarre as we could not repro it even once during development, but I guess it's just gonna be one of those ghosts in the machine we'll have to exorcise.
Any possible assistance from sending you bugged saves/files? I've only done it on normal so far, but picked up the same issue as others where it skipped the dialogue/bricked his stash.
Old 10-20-2017, 02:54 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnomish Inquisition View Post
see i tried this about a zillion times in my last attempt, went as far as to go back do some resistance q's come back, back out more q's more rep come back, and still no go no matter how many times i backed out
with my other char that was succesful, it was success on success on success
so seems like the random seed must take place prior, and gets locked in
'cos otherwise it seems so weird it was so easy for one, and impossible for another, despite no matter how many times backed out of convo to reattempt
Nah, just unlucky. Random seed is not saved. You just need to restart session. I tried it myself, he was hostile in one session and friendly in the other on same character, same difficulty. But it's completely random, so you may get him hostile 100 times in a row, not likely, but possible