Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 12:26 AM
Campaigner

Default Kenshi now on Indiegogo

Kenshi's still pretty early in development, but seems to hold good potential. For me, it's worth throwing a little money at. Even though I already had a key from the IndieFort Bundle No. 1.

As stated on the official website, it's now on Indiegogo for the next 60 days.

The following quote seemed awfully familiar... I wonder why

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshi (indiegogo)
I'm setting the bar low just to be cautious. There is no fixed amount of money that I need because I do not expect to get the full budget needed to make the whole game. Its simply a matter of more money = faster progress and more features.

I will still finish this game even if I don't get a penny from this. It will just take me a lot longer and the final quality won't be as good without the help from professional artists.

I can't guarantee that the game will be finished quickly, or by a certain deadline, but I guarantee that it will be finished, and it will be done well.
Looks like I'm a sucker for projects where the developers have already put in blood, sweat, and tears... yet still aren't demanding help. Only politely asking.
Old 05-03-2012, 01:10 AM
Supporter

I hope it reaches its goal. I have the game from the indie fort bundle as well. I tried a little bit but the camera was just pretty bad figured I'd go back to it a bit later in development.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:35 AM
Supporter

well, fuck. that was about the only other game i'd considered supporting during development. but i'm not even into that game type. on the other hand the music and the open world... but i will never play it... but the handsome developer... what should i do? you happy now, opal monkey?
Old 05-03-2012, 09:18 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by durruti View Post
well, fuck. that was about the only other game i'd considered supporting during development. but i'm not even into that game type. on the other hand the music and the open world... but i will never play it... but the handsome developer... what should i do? you happy now, opal monkey?
I'll only be happy if you throw at least $5 at that handsome fools face! And remember the reward for said $5?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshi (indiegogo)
After making your donation you will be struck with a sudden feeling that you are awesome.
Really, isn't that enough reason on it's own? I mean, come on. What're you going to do with that $5 otherwise? Buy a sandwich? Pff... whatever you were planning on doing with that sandwich, I'm sure it wasn't as important as helping a lone developer get some help! Plus, remember that sudden feeling of awesomeness? You want to feel that you're awesome, don't you?

And remember, if there's any chance you'll actually want to play the game, there is always the "5 sandwich" level. Oh, and that one comes with an even more awesome, more sudden feeling that you're awesome. Almost like you just hurled five sandwiches at someones face.

But I digress. Do whatever you want! Just don't be too surprised when you're suddenly not feeling awesome.

Think I may have gone on a bit of a tangent there. Careful Opal, careful. If you keep talking about sandwiches on these forums, people may get the wrong idea.
Old 05-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Supporter

will do that, later though, first i have to uncover the mystery of the grim sandwich... watson? let's do this...
Old 05-08-2012, 01:43 PM
Acolyte

I want to support this, but I really wish he had used Kickstarter... I think a lot less people have heard of Indiegogo and his chance of overfunding is a lot less there...
Old 05-08-2012, 09:26 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nori View Post
I want to support this, but I really wish he had used Kickstarter... I think a lot less people have heard of Indiegogo and his chance of overfunding is a lot less there...
True, chances are he'll get a lot less exposure on Indiegogo. The upside is that the whole thing in a lot more flexible. He doesn't actually have to reach the goal to get the funds. After 60 days, he'll get whatever has been donated, goal or no goal. I suspect that is also the reason so many payment types are being accepted, the big one being PayPal.

Guess that lack of exposure is part of the reason I'm doing my bit to help him get a few extra funders. At the rate it's going so far, he's on track to get ~$10000. That'd get the audio engine he mentions, and have ~$4500 left over to hire help to get actual sound effects for it. Even at that, I'd be happy. But hopefully it does pick up some momentum along the way.
Old 05-08-2012, 11:01 PM
Acolyte

Yeah, it'd be great because he has a rather cool concept for the game and I'd love to see it developed more and quicker.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:46 PM
Supporter

would someone please inform rockpapershotgun so that they include it in their weekly kickstarter roundup? i'm currently not up for the task of making a sound enquiry.
Closed Thread

Tags
crowdfunding