Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > Totally Random

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 05-01-2012, 09:36 PM
Champion

Default PS3 / Xbox 360 Emulator

hmm.. i was wondering, maybe you guys know!

I,m looking for a legit PS3 and a Legit X360 Emulator, getting the roms and whatnot is the the issue.

I know ive seem some people emulate games on their pc and well.. if i could do that, it'd be great :P

Steam Username : Skellt
Old 05-01-2012, 10:28 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skellt View Post
hmm.. i was wondering, maybe you guys know!

I,m looking for a legit PS3 and a Legit X360 Emulator, getting the roms and whatnot is the the issue.

I know ive seem some people emulate games on their pc and well.. if i could do that, it'd be great :P
I don't think there's such a thing as a "legit" emulator so much as it flirts in a legal grey zone that the big corporation can't usually be bothered to legally snuff out (mostly because they take so long to really get up and running that the next generation is about to be released).

However (and this one is big) emulators rarely have anything close to perfect replication of the original system. It takes many years to create an interface to correctly emulate the specialized hardware and software configuration a given console uses.

Even some of the older emulators for consoles like the SNES aren't completely perfect with certain features that nobody quite seemed to get a 100% working interface for, and that particular console is decades old. The last emulator I used was for the PS1, and that was...shooting at roughly a 70% compatibility rate for any given title. Granted that was a year or two ago, but even that was a pretty good ratio (bleem, a really old PS emulator that Sony did shut down btw, was far worse).
Old 05-02-2012, 12:02 AM
Champion

well what i meant by ''legit'' is that its actually working rather than some fake shady site

I do have plenty of emulators installed currently.. ps2, ps1 dreamcast.. and so forth and they, yeah are not perfect, but work good enough to make it so i do not need to have either or.

But i have seen people play games that are exclusive to either x360 or ps3 on the pc.. and main reason why i say this is some of them force shaders, force anti aliasing and so forth just to have even better graphics than the original.

To be honnest, i really could care less about the gfx.. i just want me some emulator haha

Old 05-17-2012, 10:30 AM
Initiate

Default Hmm

I don't think such emulators exists...
Old 05-17-2012, 04:12 PM
Supporter

I'll actually bet that some emulator projects for these consoles exist, however, as LostSoul said, you probably shouldn't expect too much from them. I'll be surprised if most games even start, and let's not even talk about them being decently playable. Ask again in ten years or so...
Old 05-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Champion

hmmph i'll still give it a shot :P i got all other consoles running smoothly so

Closed Thread