Old 05-01-2012, 10:35 PM
Minister of Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Should GD eventually have 12+ (just an uninformed guess) masteries [...]
Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra
from the IAmA
I'd love to get up to 10-12 skill masteries, or more!
LOL - was it a ministry-approved guess, or was it not?
Old 05-02-2012, 06:57 AM
Supporter

This thread remind me about old russian arpg named "Blood Magic".
u select 3 of 13 magic schools on start and u appearrance change depending from spells u use.Ur character have 8 "place of mutation" and u don't know from what school of magic u get mutation on head, for example.U char look as awful freak (or funny freak sometimes).
GD no need this,just make slot for skins or visual effects ,like auras, or both will be better.

In GD, 2 masteries give 50 skills its more then any other arpg, no need additional ones.
In future 10-12 masteries = 250-300 skills its colossal design work.

p.s.Crates thx for work.

Live in swamp.
Burn people.
Be badass.
Old 05-03-2012, 07:09 AM
Supporter

Quote:
LOL - was it a ministry-approved guess, or was it not?
the other day i started reading through game info subforum and that compilation & info density made me regret i ever doubted you. i mean, were you the secretary for niklas luhmann or what? how? i don't even...
Old 05-21-2012, 03:35 PM
Initiate

I think letting calss skills change the appearance of the character is a very good idea, if 'doable'.
Old 06-01-2012, 01:47 PM
Counsel

I love the idea of combination/class-specific skills. I can however do away with appearance changing with the skills I choose.

In addition to class specific skills, may I suggest to have 2 sets of combination skills for each set of masteries?

For example, if choose soldier as my primary masteries and then pick occult as my secondary masteries, the combination skills I have access to should be different to when I pick occult as my primary and soldier as my secondary.

The way I view the order of choosing the primary and secondary mastery is, if I pick soldier as primary and occult as secondary, I would describe my character as a soldier but have knowledge of the occult and magic at his disposal that he can use in conjunction with his sword/mace/spear/shield etc. Example would be like inflicting magic damage whenever successfully blocking attacks with shield, sword slashes that send out waves of magic energy that slices through enemies, mace attack that smashes the ground causing fire to burst out from the ground around my character burning all the enemies in range.

If I choose occult as primary and soldier as secondary, I should have access to skills that describe my character as a mage that have received extensive training in a wide range of weapons and able to use one skillfully. Example of skills I should have access to would be like creating illusionary weapons such as throwing daggers formed by magic, creating a magic shield that blocks attack in the direction that I am facing.
Old 06-02-2012, 05:33 PM
Minister of Information

The order in which you activate your masteries is irrelevant ... well, except for which become available to your first. The modular mastery system also allows you to create a melee build from magic masteries and a caster-like build from fighter masteries.
Old 06-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Counsel

Quote:
The order in which you activate your masteries is irrelevant ... well, except for which become available to your first. The modular mastery system also allows you to create a melee build from magic masteries and a caster-like build from fighter masteries.
What I mean is to make the order of activating mastery a meaningful choice to add a little bit more RPG flavour in character creation.

The bonus the players get from it don't have to be very significant. It can be a trait/passive or something that reflects how the character is created. As my example, above if someone picked soldier as their first mastery and occult as their second mastery, the players are given choice of passives that increase physical damage, defense or life that they have to choose 1/2 of them. On the other hand, if the player pick occult as his first mastery and soldier as second mastery, the player is given another pool of passives that grant increase in elemental damage/mana regen/max mana that he must choose 2 from.

The main idea here is to add another layer of customization that is tied to the order of how the players activate their mastery so that the whole process of choosing mastery can be more meaningful instead of pick 2 mastery and activate them in any order.

Hope the idea is not too broken or bad.
Closed Thread

Tags
character, classes, masteries, skills