Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > What Else Are You Playing?

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 05-01-2012, 05:50 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albedoshin View Post
Although i am now leaning towards the frogs a bit more since my build is kinda an in your face cause i do have to get close to land the soul harvest and all. I think you should totally try it out cause im not sure if you knew this but the INT bonus you get increases by 2 for every level you get so thats a whole 10 points of INT per level
Yeah, frogs might be interesting, sounds like you get into melee range quite a bit. At least the spider jar animation is pretty fast when you're dumping them at your feet instead of a screen lob. I was using a GotD combo with SH at one point too, but for some reason, got hung up on throwing the haunt dots into rooms lol.

The SH int boost is amazing though, you're right.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Speaker

Between this and GW2 , it will keep me busy until Grim Dawn releases to the public.
Old 05-01-2012, 07:10 PM
Supporter

The jars do pop out quite fast when you have an atk speed of 2 per sec. :-) I wonder if the spider queen rune looks like the sc 2 queen. I think that would be kinda funny if it did. There will be lots of hours on this game for sure.

We are that much closer now.
Old 05-02-2012, 12:33 AM
Supporter

I'll choose Monk
Old 05-02-2012, 03:01 AM
Speaker

I want to like Diablo 3, I really do. (just like I wanted to like StarCraft 2 - that never happened ). But everything I've seen, read, heard, and played is just... 'meh'.

I'm not touching the game until I get a consensus a few weeks/months after release.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:03 AM
Supporter

that was a really fun class but only comes up as my second fav. I like the fact that he's soo fast and his mantras look cool but never used them.

Old 05-02-2012, 03:16 AM
Supporter

It is very different from the last game, that's for sure. I was worried about the game until I got into beta which changed my mind. I do miss a few things like an offline mode or a higher difficulty for the start of the game but I did grow to love the skill system. Although it does cause a hugh problem once you get all the characters to lv 60. At that point the game is finished so to say. What is it about the game that bothers you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shen View Post
I want to like Diablo 3, I really do. (just like I wanted to like StarCraft 2 - that never happened ). But everything I've seen, read, heard, and played is just... 'meh'.

I'm not touching the game until I get a consensus a few weeks/months after release.

Old 05-02-2012, 04:12 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albedoshin View Post
It is very different from the last game, that's for sure. I was worried about the game until I got into beta which changed my mind. I do miss a few things like an offline mode or a higher difficulty for the start of the game but I did grow to love the skill system. Although it does cause a hugh problem once you get all the characters to lv 60. At that point the game is finished so to say. What is it about the game that bothers you?
I did play the beta, a few months ago. Mostly, I don't like the classes. In D2, I loved Necromancers, Druids, and Assassins. D3 doesn't have an analogue to any of them - the closest being Necro -> Witch Doctor, but that class rubs me the wrong way. Zombies aren't half as cool as golems and skeletal mages. Lack of coolness aside, WD doesn't fit into my perception of the Diablo universe.

There's a lot of small things about D3 that bother me that are too vague to put into words. This review does a good job of pointing them out. (Be warned that it's extremely negative, I just agree with the gist of it )
Old 05-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Herald

Heh, if I understand it right, his grand epiphany about diablo is that it's "just about getting loot"?

Quick, someone call medierra and tell him to take all the loot out of Grim Dawn to fix it and make it a better game.
Old 05-02-2012, 04:43 AM
Supporter

Those were my fav classes as well hahahah. I find the WD to be a good necromancer replacement but its all personal preference. The DH on the other hand i do not like one bit. She plays like the assassin and Amazon mixed together which doesnt fit well with me.

That article did have a few points that i did agree with like the kiddy difficulty it has but that has yet to be seen if what they say is true about how difficult the game will actually get. I hope it will not fail to impress cause im looking foward to the so called brutal Inferno level.

Closed Thread

Tags
diablo, difficulty