Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Early Access > Ideas and Feedback

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-16-2011, 05:11 PM
Acolyte

Okay, first: sorry for the double post. Second: I'm looking through this list of threads and I notice that most are fairly old. What's this forum's tolerance for bumping of old threads? Would a new thread be better than bringing back a thread from a year ago?

I am asking for etiquette advice! I have learned so much.
Old 08-17-2011, 07:22 PM
Minister of Information

Yes and the list hasn't be updated in a long while. I still recommend to review these old threads, as they have a lot of feedback from Crate. Regarding your query I started Thread necro vs duplicates.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:00 AM
Acolyte

id suggest crate gets a ticket system. it worked wonders for a local private server.

all suggestions get voted on, you can only vote once for a topic,

you can give anywhere from 1-3 points out of 9.

after a ticket got enough votes it gets approved and the votes gets returned.

simple yet efficient. believe crate should get one of these system asap.
Opinion - if it it can be seen and discussed from many viewpoints, its an opinion.
Fact - There are legitimate Sources in the Post
Flamming - You have misread the message, please read again.

Legendary edition
Old 05-01-2012, 02:37 PM
Initiate

Default alpha key?

hey create guys.
if you want to give away keys for testing and feedback, here i am!

i am currently playing much mmoarpgs, and other stuff.
i am filmmaker, comic artist and passionate gamer.

so i am ready.
Old 05-01-2012, 04:10 PM
Advocate

Access to the alpha is actually granted to people who bought the legendary edition or back 50$ on kickstarter.

If you're too poor to spend 50$, you should start another thread to beg one.
Old 05-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Initiate

Default Multiplayer?

Greetings,
I've long been a RPG fame for decades, I LOVED TQ and the expansion and thought it wonderfully done, EXCEPT (and i feel the main reason its didnt fly with the general public) was due to use of GameSpy for multiplayer. Any chance your will have your own server running this??? To prevent hacks/cheaters??? The original D & D2 did well with the server side checks via B-net but gamespy was just a horrible use of the multiplayer. If only one request-it would be to use something OTHER then the horribly outdated GameSpy servers for the multiplayer.. me & my friends who did play ad LOVE TQ wound up only doing games with each other instead of online with random hackers/cheaters and such. Dont cheapen this WONDERFULLY creative design please!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:23 AM
Initiate

Wink Impressed

Hi, I just registered to say I'm impressed by your team's aproach on gamers, coming clean and transparent about what the game will be and its content. Keep up the good work, I enjoyed seeing the videos and the dialogue with gamers here in the forums.

Just don't hire corporate suits or PR's in the future if the game gets successful...

I'll be waiting for the day the game launches and decide whether or not to buy. If it follows up to what you been building up, you got a new fan right here!

Best regards and all the best with your project!
Old 06-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Advocate

Thumbs Up Grim Dawn on GOG

Hi guys,

Congratulations for such an impressive project. I am sure you have all the skill and talent required to pull this out and I am impressed that you managed to finance it without selling your souls to evil publishers (metaphorically speaking).
I already own a Loyalist pre-order key and I'm looking forward to redeem it.

Also kudos for no DRM. I really hate DRM, I hate it a lot!!!

Which brings me to my suggestion. I think it will be great to release Grim Dawn on GOG because they are looking for enthusiastic developers like you. They are nice guys too.

GOG has a large and loyal community and I am sure you will get a lot of visibility and sales there. Besides, Grim Dawn banner will really look good on GOG home page.

BTW Grim Dawn is on GOG requested games list.
Old 09-30-2012, 03:57 PM
Initiate

after looking on screenshots i see some nice progress in graph updates but there is this thing that bugs me. There is to much colors. Its too colorfull .. way to pink in some areas .. Like oculstist class vido . too much red-ish purple-is stuff. I think maybe it could be a little more hmm dirty color. you know a little more grim.
i know its pre alpha so i guess i say what you already know and work on since its Grim Dawn but i had to anyway

I have bunch of other ideas but mostly random and i still try to dig into some info i care about . Like what kind of class tehre will be and how look skil ltry for one class how many builds would there be for a class . Wll there be summoner class ( i love those and wizards kind . If you have summoner how many pets can he have. How much this game will be like titan quest in some areas.

Beside that i wonder since you guys are open with comunity etc. if there is chance for me to come up idea that would actualy go into game , like new class or something

ohter thing .. i really hope there will be some mass murdering in this game. titan quest was more like killing enemies one by one .. there were some skilsl that let me kill few at once but it reall missed this killing many moneters fast wave after wave.. you know that is acutaly part of diablo 3 that is reallly great for me. " masacre 15 monsters "

Last edited by johnyStorm; 09-30-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:46 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnyStorm View Post
after looking on screenshots i see some nice progress in graph updates but there is this thing that bugs me. There is to much colors. Its too colorfull .. way to pink in some areas .. Like oculstist class vido . too much red-ish purple-is stuff. I think maybe it could be a little more hmm dirty color. you know a little more grim.
i know its pre alpha so i guess i say what you already know and work on since its Grim Dawn but i had to anyway

I have bunch of other ideas but mostly random and i still try to dig into some info i care about . Like what kind of class tehre will be and how look skil ltry for one class how many builds would there be for a class . Wll there be summoner class ( i love those and wizards kind . If you have summoner how many pets can he have. How much this game will be like titan quest in some areas.

Beside that i wonder since you guys are open with comunity etc. if there is chance for me to come up idea that would actualy go into game , like new class or something

ohter thing .. i really hope there will be some mass murdering in this game. titan quest was more like killing enemies one by one .. there were some skilsl that let me kill few at once but it reall missed this killing many moneters fast wave after wave.. you know that is acutaly part of diablo 3 that is reallly great for me. " masacre 15 monsters "
That is mostly due to your monitor (gamma, contrast) and post processing. Normally people use stuff like darkD3 or ENB to sort it out.

What can be done is to have post processing presets under video options and to include a "custom" option. The custom option would have a standalone ini outside of the game which people can tweak, and easily shared. This custom ini would allow full customization of the saturation, tone etc. Just like with DarkD3
Closed Thread

Tags
controls, feedback, forum use, guides, ideas, list, targeting