Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Off Topic > News In Gaming

Notices

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-23-2012, 02:39 PM
Lord Advocate

EA week at gamersgate...up to 60% off some decent games:

http://www.gamersgate.com/games?prio=relevance&q=eaweek
Old 04-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Super Moderator

SpaceMarine is the steam daily and Serious Sam 3 is on sale and they have finally opened up the 4-pack too.

(not really recommending either game, just announcing the deals)
Old 04-24-2012, 07:38 AM
Campaigner

I got Space Marine for $9 from Amazon THQ sales a few weeks ago (and it was Steam redeemable copy). I'd not advice Space Marine if you're looking at something spectacular. However $10 should be a decent price for 7-8 hrs of campaign mode IMO. Haven't played Sam 3 so can't comment on that. But looking at previous iterations (I've played last two games), they are VERY old-school type of shooter and gets very repetitive for me within a few levels as there is barely any plot at all except point and shoot.
Old 04-24-2012, 07:48 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathwings51 View Post
I got Space Marine for $9 from Amazon THQ sales a few weeks ago (and it was Steam redeemable copy). I'd not advice Space Marine if you're looking at something spectacular. However $10 should be a decent price for 7-8 hrs of campaign mode IMO. Haven't played Sam 3 so can't comment on that. But looking at previous iterations (I've played last two games), they are VERY old-school type of shooter and gets very repetitive for me within a few levels as there is barely any plot at all except point and shoot.
SM - The campaign was decent, VERY linear, but good. The game has absolutely brilliant multiplayer though. At least I loved it sooo much. =) Either the deathmatch or the coop (you gotta pay for the second coop DLC though). It has very "heavy" W40k feeling in it, and what is better than eviscerating Chaos Space Marine's guts with a chainsword, right? =) Ehm.. =))

SS3 - Awesome game, slow at start, but the old SS series game feeling after few missions. The only flaw for me was the "dark" dungeon levels, I disliked that a lot, as it had nothing to do with SS world in my opinion..

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support
Old 04-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Lord Advocate

Gamestop is having a huge sale today...some really good title for cheap:

http://www.gamestop.com/collection/pc-downloads-sale

If I remember correctly Gamestop bought out Impulse, so I *think* their distribution model is the same? Not sure though...

Anyways some choice titles:

Batman: Arkham City - $15
Lord of the Rings: War in the North - $10
Deus Ex Human Revolution - $10
Might & Magic Heroes VI - $17
King Arthur II - $10
Magicka Collection - $5
Empire & Napoleon Total War - $8
Sid Meier's Civilization V - $15
Mount & Blade: Warband - $10

Whole crap load of other stuff too...
Old 04-26-2012, 03:18 PM
Campaigner

Dead Space 1 and 2 are on Steam sale, but you can get them for much cheaper here (DS1) and here (DS 2)
Old 04-26-2012, 03:42 PM
Champion

Those are good prices on the Dead Space games, particularly 2, but I'll be honest, I didn't like either game very much from what little I played of them (I don't own either, but I played them both at a friend's house on 360). Good looking games, creepy atmosphere, I just didn't enjoy playing them one bit. My buddy loves them both on the other hand. *shrugs*

Currently Playing: Wasteland 2
Old 04-26-2012, 04:03 PM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyrock View Post
Those are good prices on the Dead Space games, particularly 2, but I'll be honest, I didn't like either game very much from what little I played of them (I don't own either, but I played them both at a friend's house on 360). Good looking games, creepy atmosphere, I just didn't enjoy playing them one bit. My buddy loves them both on the other hand. *shrugs*
The primary culprit (for me) was the combat system. It eschews traditional FPS aiming and firing mechanics in favor of "flavor" but that flavor is that of a poopy-lollipop. That being said, it didn't stop me from playing through Deadspace a couple times. The ambience, story, and the mechanics (aside from the really bad ideas about combat) were quite entertaining.

Still haven't gotten around to Deadspace 2 though.
Old 04-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Advocate

A bunch of games 50% off on GOG. Fans of aRPG should try Nox.
http://www.gog.com/promo/ea_guns_and...uns_and_spells
Old 04-30-2012, 07:46 PM
Champion

Amazon has a pre-order sale on Lolipop Chainsaw. 25% off with $0.99 release day delivery on both PS3 and 360.

Tags
distribution