Old 04-18-2012, 10:11 PM
Initiate

Default Ideas for a better game

I think the game would be better if...
Is inspired from other cool games like diablo 2 or sacred,
i mean the classes they left behind like amazon , necromancer ,palladin (d2) vampirres ,wood elf ,dark elf seraphim(sacred 1)
-->The chars in the arpg games never say anything they move like robots doing same things over and over again what if...they could have a human behavior talking with npc and other chars in the game for themself like they were intelligent and aware of them and others without player selecting the right answers for them (dragon age) more like wow or borderlands.
-->The inventory concept is so limited and the ideea of 3 or more bags ...
why not a magic stone or rune who could send items for storage into another reality or place that only the bearer of that stone can use.
-->Why only 2 slots for rings? In sacred 2 high elf can use more rings and amulets and less armor.
-->Silverfall crafting skills allow the player to even paint armor or add spikes and other things (i love to make my own custom swords and armor in that game)
--->Skills and spells become boring after a while , what if they had a % chance that spell has diferent color/shape and apply random bonuses like
burn ,knock back , stun , %dmg ,critical dmg,slow,mana drain , all with different visual effect and sound
-->More races to choose from:elfes,human,undead..
-->In farewell to dragons on char lvl up the player earn perks that makes a char build more interesting
-->More acrobatic moves and fatal kicks i would love to see a char do unpredictable hits instead just attacking with the weapon
-->Instead finishing the same game 3 times wich is so booring (ppl rarely play until legendary difficulty in titan quest) the dificulty can rise at the end of the game
-->Special arenas where u can choose from custom challenges the number of normal monsters ,champions or bosses u want to fight ,with options like no potions allowed or on time limit for great rewards..
-->In multiplayer games i want to see every player with his own ping so everybody will know who laggs the server
-->What i hate more on many games is how small the skill icons are and they should be like iphone apps icons in hd
Well thats all i have for now,sry for my bad english :|i hope u guys will find
something useful here ,plz reply
Old 04-19-2012, 09:57 AM
Campaigner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jellyman View Post
I think the game would be better if...
Is inspired from other cool games like diablo 2 or sacred,
i mean the classes they left behind like amazon , necromancer ,palladin (d2) vampirres ,wood elf ,dark elf seraphim(sacred 1)
TQ left the fact of combining 2 masteries with endless possibilities, even choosing one mastery thus being able to play with a class a number of times each with their own respective builds. maybe it does not have vampires or paladins, but choosing any spirit build would result in a better option and a tank would approximate the paladin. moreover, it was possible to create hybrids, which really spice up things and require more difficult choices.

Quote:
-->The chars in the arpg games never say anything they move like robots doing same things over and over again what if...they could have a human behavior talking with npc and other chars in the game for themself like they were intelligent and aware of them and others without player selecting the right answers for them (dragon age) more like wow or borderlands.
true, but better spend time focusing on other aspects rather than having people talk realistically with each other, cos after a time, they also get boring.

Quote:
-->The inventory concept is so limited and the ideea of 3 or more bags ...
why not a magic stone or rune who could send items for storage into another reality or place that only the bearer of that stone can use.
storage was indeed a problem, thus the introduction of TQ Vault.

Quote:
-->Why only 2 slots for rings? In sacred 2 high elf can use more rings and amulets and less armor.
to implement class specific boni like these would void the original concept of combining masteries.

Quote:
-->Silverfall crafting skills allow the player to even paint armor or add spikes and other things (i love to make my own custom swords and armor in that game)
this could have been accomplished like discussed in this thread.

Quote:
--->Skills and spells become boring after a while , what if they had a % chance that spell has diferent color/shape and apply random bonuses like
burn ,knock back , stun , %dmg ,critical dmg,slow,mana drain , all with different visual effect and sound
there are spells that have those effects, others can be accessible through enchanting equipment. Skills are effective in certain situations and/or bosses so you must figure out what to use and when. their purpose is to serve you not entertain. what i find really entertaining is to equip 2 weapons and let monsters fly high. that never gets old, somehow.

Quote:
-->More races to choose from:elfes,human,undead..
like i said in point 2...

Quote:
-->In farewell to dragons on char lvl up the player earn perks that makes a char build more interesting
check out soulvizier mod in TQ forums...

Quote:
-->More acrobatic moves and fatal kicks i would love to see a char do unpredictable hits instead just attacking with the weapon
maybe with more time and money...!

Quote:
-->Instead finishing the same game 3 times wich is so booring (ppl rarely play until legendary difficulty in titan quest) the dificulty can rise at the end of the game
yes sometimes it's hard to keep going on, but most of the toons i like playing with managed to get past this with the goal of beating the game without a death, but that's just me.

Quote:
-->Special arenas where u can choose from custom challenges the number of normal monsters ,champions or bosses u want to fight ,with options like no potions allowed or on time limit for great rewards..
would be great to have.

Quote:
-->In multiplayer games i want to see every player with his own ping so everybody will know who laggs the server
so that you can kick them out...? joking!

Quote:
-->What i hate more on many games is how small the skill icons are and they should be like iphone apps icons in hd
seem fine to me.

Quote:
Well thats all i have for now,sry for my bad english :|i hope u guys will find
something useful here ,plz reply
english is fine.
Old 04-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Advocate

About that traveling storage man in Titan Quest Immortal Throne, will there be one in Grim Dawn? Since there are factions maybe he should be available to only those who reach a certain reputation or not available in the towns who are less than happy with you.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Minister of Information

Default 2 but not more rings

Quote:
Well, you could allow that some masteries enable you to equip additonal rings in non-ring slots, but that sounds like a balancing nightmare to me. There was a similar discussion:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icarius
from single item size or not?
[...] who was it that originally decided that, in ALL these games, you can only wear TWO rings? Do all the champions in these games only have two fingers? I'd love to see a game that let you equip at least 8, one for each finger (The thumb actually does not count as a phalange. It's known as a Pollux), or maybe even 10 if you count the thumbs. [...]
... some posts later ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra
from single item size or not?
We actually toyed with the idea of having more than two rings early on but dropped it for this very reason. Having more different types of items to collect allows designers to better restrict where certain types of powerful bonuses can come from and in what quantity the player can accumulate them. This balancing scheme was not properly utilized in all cases though and it lead to problems like players being able to accumulate 100% cooldown reduction because that bonus appeared on some item types it was not supposed to be allowed on.

So, you can imagine how things like that would be even more difficult to control if players could get 4 or 8 of any item type, and thus that many duplicates of the same bonus. Its difficult to just make bonuses weaker since they have to also scale up - so the lowest level might end up being really lame like +0.5% lightning damage. We'd probably also have to disallow a lot of bonus types from rings in this case since some bonuses are very powerful even in small quantities.

Tags
features