Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Community Section > General Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 04-16-2012, 12:37 AM
Advocate

There should not be any +magic find items. That just causes Necromancers to be gold with topaz and be named Greedy-@55-man.
Old 04-16-2012, 05:09 AM
Minister of Information

There won't be any magic find in GD.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:19 PM
Acolyte

TQ loot system, imo, is the best so far. Like other said, Sacred 2 was rapidly becoming boring due in part by it's scaling system.

Most of us, ARPG fans, are loot b*tches :P
The more we have, the more we're happy and the more we want!

I hope the original release will offer lots of stuff and gameplay value and i'm sure with subsequent expansions releases GD will become THE ARPG of the century!
Old 05-23-2012, 10:36 AM
Initiate

I wonder what will be the inspiration for Naming all that unique legendary gear. Perhaps it wasn't that hard for TQ due to using mythological references. Could be harder for a totally new setting without lots of established heroes and gods.

About cool look - I hope there would be something that looks new and clean, and not like that item was originally intended for some other purpose, which is a common theme in post-apocalyptic setting. Because rugged interface look+rugged dirty gear would be too much at the same time.

Last edited by jaelrin; 05-23-2012 at 10:38 AM.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:23 PM
Minister of Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
This is actually the intended look as it is meant to be a crude, low-level sword crafted out of a sharpened peice of scrapmetal.
The improvised items should look like this.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
I was definitely planning to have the player finding powerful items created by these [otherworldly] races.
Not sure if they will look "new and clean" ... maybe just impressing.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:01 AM
Initiate

I've read the thread and I see no harm in having a few items repeat at later levels with higher stats. This doesn't need to be overdone but it could be tied to an alternative abilility/tradeskill function: the ability to upgrade worn items to the current player level.

The game can be full of great loot that doesn't interest some players and the more diversity the less need there is to hide the uniques/rares amongst mountains of junk. However, with the current rare sets, not being that good (explorer and Guardsman) with underpowered completion bonuses and Maiven's bonusing a so-far non-existant class, and Marauders being level 26 I really am hoping that more will be done for these levels.
Old 12-28-2013, 10:34 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwolf View Post
I've read the thread and I see no harm in having a few items repeat at later levels with higher stats. This doesn't need to be overdone but it could be tied to an alternative abilility/tradeskill function: the ability to upgrade worn items to the current player level.

The game can be full of great loot that doesn't interest some players and the more diversity the less need there is to hide the uniques/rares amongst mountains of junk. However, with the current rare sets, not being that good (explorer and Guardsman) with underpowered completion bonuses and Maiven's bonusing a so-far non-existant class, and Marauders being level 26 I really am hoping that more will be done for these levels.
Guardsman is absolutely the tits, if you are running a pure shot Commando.
Old 12-30-2013, 04:23 PM
Counsel

Quote:
Originally Posted by djwolf View Post

the problem is that the leveling in lvl 1-25 range is really fast, so the time you complete the set, you will be far away amongst the required lvl. i think Crate didn't create low level sets for that reason. of course for now we're caped at lvl 25 so Guardman's Raiment look like a high level set, but it' isn't.
Closed Thread

Tags
affixes, loot