This is the last staff post in this thread.   #81  
Old 04-14-2017, 08:49 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
either no one knows about it, or there's no much activity in GD community lately, or people just don't like it for some reason.
You have to consider that things like this have an adoption rate. I bet you most players have not even heard of the new tool yet, and that's only natural.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:54 PM
Apostle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
You have to consider that things like this have an adoption rate. I bet you most players have not even heard of the new tool yet, and that's only natural.
Pretty much what he said, the builds that i will post from now on will have a GT link, it does take longer for a GT link to load for me though (shit internet or maybe it's cause i don't clear cookies)

The tool is pretty convenient but that's not it, i like it cause you said it won't suffer from the same shortcomings as GrimCalc that is the fucking up Demo Class with every patch

--------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Diablo II: RoT Mod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Houck View Post
Nydiamar Mod
Old 04-14-2017, 10:05 PM
Praetorian

Myself I've been too used to using Grimcalc but now that I've messed around with your tool I definitely appreciate how much more detail you can put into your planned character.

Think I'll jump back into the game for a storm totem / wind devil build of some sort
Old 04-14-2017, 10:18 PM
Praetorian

Im going to throw my two cents into the discussion here. I love this tool, after using it, i have not touched grim calc ( no offense to Stormcaller). You can put so much more detail into your toon and its easy to use and share with people as well.

Dont be discouraged, keep up the good work Dammitt.
Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
please, excuse me... I need to go wipe away my tears with a handful of million dollar bills
Old 04-14-2017, 10:30 PM
Minister of Information

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dammitt View Post
The question is — is there something the tool is really lacking that makes it not usable, e.g. misleading stats because they don't include buffs, slow search or maybe no easy way to select equip, etc? I'm open to suggestions.
Uploading a char works like a charm, but configuring one from scratch is a bit tedious:
  • Outfitting your char would be more convenient, if you had a shopping basket for all of your slots, so that you do not need to switch between your character screen and the item DB for each slot.
  • The constallations' general tooltips should have a longer delay, before they appear. You almost always have a tooltip obsctruct your view, when you move your mouse. The stars' tooltips are fine.
  • Options can only be accessed from the character screen.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:55 AM
Speaker

Hello Dammitt,

Thank you for the amazing tool for planning builds for GD. Once I recently tried it I switched to GrimTools from GrimCalc. Really great work!

P.S: It would be nice GT be able to show effects, like increasing OA and DA, from auras/buffs. Also misleading stats in OA/DA (due to bonuses from lvl ups) when planning or sharing existing build at low levels (50 - 75 for example) for discussion can confuse you, but it's a minor concern.

Best regards,
Strannik

Last edited by Strannik; 04-15-2017 at 06:58 AM.
Old 04-15-2017, 08:30 AM
Praetorian

been using grimcalc longer but grimtools is really a good tool to help you and other players with the build you play
twitch.tv/dikkiedik92

My builds: https://goo.gl/TTGM9X
Old 04-16-2017, 10:54 AM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
I'm not sure how much of an impact it would make but i think having a link to it in the Game Guide is an idea. There's one for graceful dusk here currently but it has began to fall behind in updates.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:03 AM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Uploading a char works like a charm, but configuring one from scratch is a bit tedious:
  • Outfitting your char would be more convenient, if you had a shopping basket for all of your slots, so that you do not need to switch between your character screen and the item DB for each slot.
  • The constallations' general tooltips should have a longer delay, before they appear. You almost always have a tooltip obsctruct your view, when you move your mouse. The stars' tooltips are fine.
  • Options can only be accessed from the character screen.
Thanks for the feedback.
I agree that choosing equip may be tiresome, so some QoL changes are definitely needed. I don't know about shoping basket, this is not as easy as it sounds. But some more simpler stuff, like adding an item via pasting a /db item link in /calc equip window might come in handy.
I'll look into popup in devotion view, I've noticed this myself, but was too lazy to fix it.
As of now options aren't probably needed in devotions/mastery windows. I think people just turn on "ignore devotion reqs" / "ignore skill limits" once from the main view and don't really need to turn it on/off constantly later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strannik View Post
Hello Dammitt,

Thank you for the amazing tool for planning builds for GD. Once I recently tried it I switched to GrimTools from GrimCalc. Really great work!

P.S: It would be nice GT be able to show effects, like increasing OA and DA, from auras/buffs. Also misleading stats in OA/DA (due to bonuses from lvl ups) when planning or sharing existing build at low levels (50 - 75 for example) for discussion can confuse you, but it's a minor concern.

Best regards,
Strannik
Thanks for suggestion, it's on my todo list, but I just ignored it for a while. Basically an ability to choose character level would suffice, right?
Currently if you import your character, the level is loaded from save file and all stats should be correct. But if you build your character from scratch, then there's no way to change the level. I assume changing difficulty will also be useful. Hopefully, I'll include this features in the next update, probably next weekend.
Old 04-16-2017, 11:13 AM
Praetorian

Update:

I've added an option to toggle buffs on/off, the buttons are at the bottom right corner. The popup that shows up when you hover a buff button displays the list of skills for each category, but not cumulative stats (is it needed?)
The change is retroactive of course.

They are split into 3 categories:
  • Permanent buffs — these are the ones that you can toggle on/off on your char
  • Temporary buffs — there are on-demand buffs, that cost mana and don't last long
  • Proc buffs — buffs, and I mean buffs only to stats only, that you have no control over. they are triggered either by a controller attached to the skill (on hit, on crit, etc.) or activated under certain conditions (e.g. on low life, % chance on attack etc)

There might be bugs of course, so if you find that some skills aren't shown, please let me know.
P.S. I know that Vindictive Flame (and probably similar skills) is not showing up in any category, I'm not sure where to add it, it's a permanent buff and a proc at the same time. To be honest I never used it and might have a wrong idea about how it actually works
P.P.S. To translators: tags_calc.txt, that is attached to the first post, was updated, there are couple new strings there

Last edited by Dammitt; 04-16-2017 at 01:06 PM.