Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-19-2017, 02:44 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pantzikis View Post
Do you still use Blind fury? Is it usefull? Wayward soul is better than Shield Wall?
Blind Fury is your kind of only AOE and it great trash cleaner.

Wayward soul gives not only DA, heals but also has +OA on the way.

You dont need more Shield block chance - i have 75% block chance nearly 3700dmg blocked - more than enough.

But you can build either way, its matter of trading healing and OA with higher block chance and block dmg.
Old 01-26-2017, 04:41 PM
Initiate

I recently started playing with this build, the current patch notes for 1.0.0.8 hurt it pretty bad, right?
Old 01-26-2017, 04:45 PM
Supporter

I imagine it is still solid. Just don't expect to farm Glad Cruicible or to outdmg other, less tanky glass cannon characters.
Old 01-26-2017, 05:22 PM
Advocate

If the build cannot do Gladiator reliably = dead build, as Gladiator is the end game, whoever denies it needs to check his facts.

Will post my findings once the patch hits, however since i lost more than 25% of my efficiency from 1.0.0.6 to 1.0.0.7 and considering the magnitude of nerfs in 1.0.0.8 i expect this to be dead.
Old 01-27-2017, 11:51 AM
Acolyte

ok just read the patch notes, it seems pointless to update to that version, so how do i stop steam from updating it? toughness wont be going too much down but dps looks like will be getting a huge nerf.
Old 01-27-2017, 01:10 PM
Advocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcurse View Post
ok just read the patch notes, it seems pointless to update to that version, so how do i stop steam from updating it? toughness wont be going too much down but dps looks like will be getting a huge nerf.
Disable auto-updates on Grim Dawn in Steam and/or play with Steam offline - how i do all the time.

Also get the GoG version - you dont get forced updates there.
Old 01-28-2017, 06:17 PM
Acolyte

I guess I don't understand the focus on reducing the viability of item sets that are so extremely difficult to put together. Probably doesn't impact traders or crucible players as much, but for people that play standard self found, finishing the markovian's set was a massive accomplishment and the payoff of being able to dominate the game at a new level was the reason I kept going. I wish crate would focus on making other absurdly difficult to find great more viable, rather than making currently viable gear less viable.

But that is just me, I understand most people are using crucible to land buckets of legendaries and can finish off sets with a handful of trades. If the game is heading in the direction of focusing on those players, it is what it is.
Old 01-28-2017, 07:27 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by turdmongous View Post
I guess I don't understand the focus on reducing the viability of item sets that are so extremely difficult to put together. Probably doesn't impact traders or crucible players as much, but for people that play standard self found, finishing the markovian's set was a massive accomplishment and the payoff of being able to dominate the game at a new level was the reason I kept going. I wish crate would focus on making other absurdly difficult to find great more viable, rather than making currently viable gear less viable.

But that is just me, I understand most people are using crucible to land buckets of legendaries and can finish off sets with a handful of trades. If the game is heading in the direction of focusing on those players, it is what it is.
i agree. finding Markovian helmet blueprint was like christmas lol. now i see no reason whatsoever to wear all 5. this will be the second time they nerf it... assuming they go through with it.
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #999  
Old 01-28-2017, 07:39 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Probably doesn't help that the helm's on block proc was dealing significantly less damage than it was meant to.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:23 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by blawsonhull View Post
i agree. finding Markovian helmet blueprint was like christmas lol. now i see no reason whatsoever to wear all 5. this will be the second time they nerf it... assuming they go through with it.
To be honest, I don't even understand why they have implemented all these legendary sets if the goal isn't to reward people with a way to complete all the content. The way to make it harder is to introduce a new end game with new required gear, not nerf existing gear.

Tags
blitz, cadence, facetank, unkillable, witchblade