Old 12-19-2016, 07:25 PM
Praetorian

Let the coundown begin....

As for the Warpfire change, just the fact that so many people had plans for all using the same specific single weapon, just shows that it was OP
Old 12-19-2016, 07:35 PM
Advocate

I am very happy about all the resistances added to the empowered epics.

Old 12-19-2016, 07:36 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fe2o3 View Post
Powercreep much.

You keep buffing everything items and skills while the game is already too easy resulting in an unchallenging and fairly dull experience.

Any plan for a new difficulty (ultimate+) available from the get go (aka lvl1)?
Lol

And so it begins.. When people complain about nerfs forever and a day before they start realizing the nerfs were usually mild and minimal to begin with.

How does it feel to be the first (in all likelihood) on the GD forums to complain about buffs and lob around power creep accusations?

We need epic forum badges for achievements. Stat.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
Old 12-19-2016, 07:48 PM
Herald

Yeah, it's hilarious. Now people bitch about buffs.

No matter what Crate does, there's always someone bitching about something, be it either buffs or nerfs.
Old 12-19-2016, 07:55 PM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by powbam View Post
Lol

And so it begins.. When people complain about nerfs forever and a day before they start realizing the nerfs were usually mild and minimal to begin with.

How does it feel to be the first (in all likelihood) on the GD forums to complain about buffs and lob around power creep accusations?

We need epic forum badges for achievements. Stat.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk
To be fair, the most noticeable change this patch no one is talking about is resistance reductions getting nerfed a bit across the board (they normalised the values taking ultimate ranks into account resulting in overall lower values unless you have lotta + skills). Resistance reduction is single-handedly the most overpowered statistic in the game so it balances out a bit the buffs here and there. Still a fresh difficulty that is a bit more engaging and accessible at level 1 would be welcome for people who like to play games outside their sleeping schedule.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norzan View Post
Yeah, it's hilarious. Now people bitch about buffs.

No matter what Crate does, there's always someone bitching about something, be it either buffs or nerfs.
No one cares about buffs and nerfs. People care about having fun and you have the most fun when the game is balanced. Powercreep is worse than cancer, it kills fun.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26  
Old 12-19-2016, 07:58 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Power creep (unless there's some new definition floating around that I'm not familiar with?) inherently means that new sources of power are being added to the player (ex: adding a new layer of enchants/components to the game), thus creating an ever larger gap between player and the monsters in terms of raw power.

In contrast, the patches tone down over-performing skills and buff under-performing ones, also known as balance tuning. This would only contribute to power creep if all builds suddenly became stronger, but that's not what is happening here nor has happened for the previous six updates (with the minor exception of the Hidden Path introducing new skill and attribute quest rewards).
Old 12-19-2016, 07:59 PM
Advocate

lol powercreep.... right.... you want to talk about games that do powercreep go look at Diablo 3 and Warframe.

most of the "buffs" are the fact that empowered epics finally get useful resists that can help in elite/ultimate, as well as some more cross element conversion that opens up build ideas
Old 12-19-2016, 07:59 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mantis View Post
If I'm interpreting the patch notes correctly, Explosive Strike now grants AOE to melee users. That is an exciting change, and helps to further differentiate between the various auto attack replacers.
That's probably the most important change in this patch with a great impact, besides the new masteries ofc.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:00 PM
Herald

"No one cares about buffs and nerfs."

Tell that to the numerous aumont of people that came to the forum to complain about nerfs and how their builds got weaker. Or the numerous aumont of people who are glad their builds are stronger due to buffs.

Also, you don't even know how these buffs will actually affect difficulty and you are making blind assumptions.

Last edited by Norzan; 12-19-2016 at 08:02 PM.
Old 12-19-2016, 08:08 PM
Herald

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaknet View Post
Let the coundown begin....

As for the Warpfire change, just the fact that so many people had plans for all using the same specific single weapon, just shows that it was OP
Ugh, what? The most OP build that benefits from Warpfire is CT Sorc, and Cold to Fire isn't even essential. Builds that use Warpfire just for Cold to Fire conversion are not OP, at least I haven't seen any.