Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Gameplay > Classes, Skills and Builds

Old 11-21-2016, 11:50 AM
Emissary

Default [1.0.1.0] Dual Wield Physical Cadence Warder - Beronath Oleron's Warborn

~ Dual Wielding Beronath Oleron's Warborn ~

UPDATE v1.0.1.0

Despite physical damage become hot lately, physical damage is still nice and it remains a perfectly viable damage type

Grim Dawn Version 1.0.1.0 are bringing many quality of life changes.

[Itemization]
Legendary - Beronath, Reforged: Conversion to Elemenal removed. Skill proc redesigned. Now a granted toggled buff with a high energy upkeep that grants 5% Crit damage and 100% of Elemental dealt as Physical.

It's really a nice idea from Dev, and we still have options for using it as Elemental weapon by untoggled the buff granted skill.

With this change of Beronath, it open up more ideas for builds and gives us more support for physical builds.
All masteries, Devotion skills, and items skills with Elemental damage can be turned into physical build / physical support

In this Warder build, Storm Totem from Shaman will be Physical Storm Totem that give Physical - Internal Trauma damage. It's nice addition for our damage

With same concept, we can make other masteries with Elemental, paired with Soldier to make nice Physical build : Demolitionist (Commando), Arcanist (Battlemage), Occultist (Witchblade), Nightblade (Blademaster) (All masteries has it's own elemental one ^^)

Even non Soldier builds are also viable as Physical Builds :
Trickster, Saboteur
May be I shall make a separated threads for it, since it has different gears and devotion setups

1.0.1.0 also brings new change to Mindwarp, you can check it here and here

DW Physical Warder - Beronath Oleron's Warborn

http://www.grimtools.com/calc/8NKzxnZD

Videos :
- Opening Mad Queen
- Notched Bone Fabius
- Nice Loghorrean

AoE Damage :
- Maul bound to Oleron's Might
- Blind Fury bound to Cadence
- Zolhan's Technique
- War Cry
- Blitz - Blindside
- Counter Strike
- Cadence - Fighting Form
- Physical Storm Totem

[1.0.0.6]
Spoiler!

Last edited by TZ Tz; 07-16-2017 at 12:16 AM.
Old 11-21-2016, 01:13 PM
Campaigner

Not 100% about this, but isn't your right hand weapon considered "main hand weapon"? Or does the order in which you equip them determine it? Because you should really put the sword with the Haunted steel as your main hand weapon, a lot of procs only use main hand, it would improve your lifesteal.

Also, I'm curious about your reasons for choosing this weapon setup, i would think there are much better options out there (the warborn weapon for one, a Tyrant's green weapon etc.). Swords are pretty bad because the conversion to piercing is awkward.

Oh, and get Fighting Form to 12/12, you have points to spare. So many, in fact, that I would definitely get 12/12 Wendigo totem and even consider getting Devouring Swarm tor bleeding resistance reduction.

Last edited by GeneralCash; 11-21-2016 at 01:15 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:22 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralCash View Post
Not 100% about this, but isn't your right hand weapon considered "main hand weapon"? Or does the order in which you equip them determine it? Because you should really put the sword with the Haunted steel as your main hand weapon, a lot of procs only use main hand, it would improve your lifesteal.

Also, I'm curious about your reasons for choosing this weapon setup, i would think there are much better options out there (the warborn weapon for one, a Tyrant's green weapon etc.). Swords are pretty bad because the conversion to piercing is awkward.

Oh, and get Fighting Form to 12/12, you have points to spare. So many, in fact, that I would definitely get 12/12 Wendigo totem and even consider getting Devouring Swarm tor bleeding resistance reduction.
Yes, you're right about weapon order, it should has Haunted Steel Sword's as main hand weapon like this :

Thanks for correcting it

For the weapon, why I use Reaver's Claw, because it's attack speed, ring of steel proc, and +1 to Soldier skills (Total we get +6 boosting Soldier Skills and 197% Attack Speed).

When using warbon gavel, the attack speed only 169% and there's no +1 to Soldier Skills

For Fighting Spirit, why I maxed it out, because it's all damage and high OA boost (chance of activate is also high)

Combine with maxed Markovian's Advantage (increase all damage, reduce DA), Blindside (reduce DA), they will reduce target's DA, so chance to crit will increase (also increasing chance of Ring of Steel procs). Sadly, Markovian's Advantage and Blindside don't stack

I don't use Wendigo Totem, 'cause I think current Life steal is enough, and it feels too much active skills.
This build is using Physical as main damage's type.
That's why I don't picking Wendigo Totem and Devouring Swarm.

We should use Bloodrager's set instead if we want make Bleeding Warder Build

Last edited by TZ Tz; 11-21-2016 at 05:34 PM.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:11 PM
Campaigner

Glad to see other people are playing around with that medal on a Warder.

I've been messing with a Blade Arc build, trying to fit enough Mana regen onto my kit to make it doable.

Blade Arc chews through a non-caster's mana like it was grape gum's flavor.

Savagery is my next attempt to be made.

Because the world of Grim Dawn sorely lacks for Lit Builds.
Old 11-21-2016, 05:23 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabs View Post
Glad to see other people are playing around with that medal on a Warder.

I've been messing with a Blade Arc build, trying to fit enough Mana regen onto my kit to make it doable.

Blade Arc chews through a non-caster's mana like it was grape gum's flavor.

It looks like you become a best friend with Greeny Ectoplasm and Elixir of Spirit

Quote:
Savagery is my next attempt to be made.

Because the world of Grim Dawn sorely lacks for Lit Builds.
Yup, Savagery is nice one
Old 11-21-2016, 05:45 PM
Initiate

Menhir's will is wasted points... it only procs with 2h melee weapon or shield
Old 11-21-2016, 05:57 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboslice View Post
Menhir's will is wasted points... it only procs with 2h melee weapon or shield
Yes, you're right !
I didn't notice it

Thanks so much for noticing this
Old 11-21-2016, 06:10 PM
Initiate

Hmm... just my personal opinion, but I think you have a lot of wasted points. I don't see the point of capping out veterancy (1 pt wonder), overcapping field command (12/12 is fine), and overcapping markovian's advantage (1 pt wonder).

With +6 to soldier, you can use that to your advantage in maximizing the 1 pt wonder skills and actually cap out or overcap the really strong soldier skills.

You said you're a physical build, but you don't cap out break morale? Also, like you said, markovian's advantage and blindside's DA reduction don't stack, but markovian's advantage rarely procs from a cadence build. It has a 25% chance to proc on 2/3 of your attacks (3rd hit being cadence overrides any WPS). So instead, you can use all those points you have and max out blitz and blindside (which procs DA lowering on every hit to 8 enemies).

Also, I personally would max out soldier mastery and take oleron's rage. With your +6 to soldier, +3 to oleron's rage (from chausses of barbaros), and +2 to oleron's rage (from unchained grasp of might), 1 single point nets you 12/12 oleron's rage. That gives you lots of relevant dmg, +12% OA, and 12% movespeed (capping out your movespeed). You can take out points from primal bond and use that in soldier tree.

Also, I don't see any reason to cap out oak skin. You can also use those points to fill out soldier tree, or get wendigo totem.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-21-2016, 06:41 PM
Emissary

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboslice View Post
Hmm... just my personal opinion, but I think you have a lot of wasted points. I don't see the point of capping out veterancy (1 pt wonder), overcapping field command (12/12 is fine), and overcapping markovian's advantage (1 pt wonder).

With +6 to soldier, you can use that to your advantage in maximizing the 1 pt wonder skills and actually cap out or overcap the really strong soldier skills.

You said you're a physical build, but you don't cap out break morale? Also, like you said, markovian's advantage and blindside's DA reduction don't stack, but markovian's advantage rarely procs from a cadence build. It has a 25% chance to proc on 2/3 of your attacks (3rd hit being cadence overrides any WPS). So instead, you can use all those points you have and max out blitz and blindside (which procs DA lowering on every hit to 8 enemies).

Also, I personally would max out soldier mastery and take oleron's rage. With your +6 to soldier, +3 to oleron's rage (from chausses of barbaros), and +2 to oleron's rage (from unchained grasp of might), 1 single point nets you 12/12 oleron's rage. That gives you lots of relevant dmg, +12% OA, and 12% movespeed (capping out your movespeed). You can take out points from primal bond and use that in soldier tree.

Also, I don't see any reason to cap out oak skin. You can also use those points to fill out soldier tree, or get wendigo totem.

Just my 2 cents.
Thank you, I'll try your suggestion
Old 11-23-2016, 12:33 AM
Emissary

Thanks to jimboslice and GeneralCash for their advice

I have updated the build (new videos available)
Devotion and skills are updated.
It has more Health and OA now. Damage is also increased from maxed Blitz
and high chance to crit, Ring of Steel procs more

Last edited by TZ Tz; 11-23-2016 at 12:46 AM.

Tags
cadence, dual wield, physical, warborn, warder