Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Developer Discussions

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1  
Old 08-12-2016, 01:21 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Default Upcoming Changes to the Crucible DLC, coming soon with Hotfix 2

With the Crucible out for a little over a week now, you've all had a chance to check it out and post your thoughts on it and to report issues.

In light of what we've seen discussed on the forums, we have some great changes coming your way in the near future:
  • Smoothed out the probability of earning Epics and Legendaries in the Crucible across all difficulties. Overall rewards should come more predictably.
  • Defeating the Crucible's 150th wave now always drops at least one Legendary item, with additional guaranteed Legendaries by difficulty.
  • Increased loot gained at waves 1-10 for characters just starting out
  • Fixed an issue with the Wave 50 and 100 Checkpoints not properly activating in Multiplayer.
  • Wave 50 and 100 Checkpoints are now unlocked across all Crucibles, rather than just the Crucible on which they were earned.
  • New Tokens are now available for sale at the Crucible Vendor that unlock the respective difficulty for the character that uses them. Tokens are available for sale respectively on the difficulty they unlock. These Tokens can be placed in the Transfer Stash to use on your other characters.
  • Adjusted difficulty scaling at highest waves on Champion and Gladiator difficulties, overall a slight nerf to monsters.
  • Crucible Defenses now cost different quantities of Iron Bits based on difficulty, with Aspirant and Challenger cheaper and Gladiator retaining the original values.
  • Removed XP Penalty for dying during the event and smoothed out the XP curve. Overall, should result in a more gradual levelling experience in the Crucible rather than a snowballing one.
  • Reduced % Reflect damage from monsters in the Crucible by 70%
  • Reduced chance to spawn multiple instances of Fabius and the Iron Maiden in Wave 150. On Aspirant difficulty, there will never be duplicates of these Nemesis bosses.
  • The Blacksmith in the Crucible can now craft Dynamite. Dynamite can now also drop from the chests.
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the Treasure Room door to appear open, but not allow you to pass through.
  • Celestial Blessings now include additional pet bonuses which persist through pet resummons. Prior to resummoning your pets, this is a net buff, so maintaining the same pet from the moment you activate the Blessing is quite potent.
  • Ulzuin's Pact now grants pets 15% Total Speed, as they are not affected by Cooldown Reduction.
Old 08-12-2016, 01:27 PM
Counsel

It looks very good. Thank you very much !
Old 08-12-2016, 01:56 PM
Praetorian

Somehow this thread went unnoticed. We need more hype!
Old 08-12-2016, 01:58 PM
Supporter

Awesome, appreciate the changes!
Old 08-12-2016, 02:34 PM
Herald

sounds good
Old 08-12-2016, 02:40 PM
Herald

Great changes! Thank you for hearing us, players
Old 08-12-2016, 02:53 PM
Praetorian

How about the stuttering in crucible MP some of us are getting? Last time I tried crucible in MP it was giving me a good 1 sec stutter every 30 seconds or less. Only in MP crucible, and when it isn't freezing up it's a smooth 60 fps. Sp, crucible runs perfect. In the campaign, it's fine. Played for an hour with no issues on MP.

No idea what's causing it.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:56 PM
Counsel

Crucible is almost unplayble in multiplayer fps dropt to 20(have friend who was tell me his fps go to 12)also alot of other people told me same thing no matter what pc u have.
Old 08-12-2016, 05:57 PM
Emissary

Great changes, thanks

You didn't mention any changes to zantarin though ? his shotgun attack will kill any character instantly and that's way too OP. Also anestaria can reduce your res to 40% allowing most enemies to kill you. I would say that's also OP.

I can be doing fine but when either of these comes out it's like the difficulty is 1000x harder. I either get one shot by zantarin or ripped because my res are too low by anestaria.
Old 08-12-2016, 06:29 PM
Praetorian

Thanks for the changes Zantai!

I'm especially happy about the tokens and the checkpoints.
Closed Thread