Go Back   Grim Dawn Forums > Grim Dawn Developer Section > Announcements and Information

Notices

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #61  
Old 07-12-2010, 05:42 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDASSBABOON View Post
I always wonder, do you guys play the game when its in dvelopments lol
Designers tend to play the game a lot both to test things they're working on and for general play-testing / balancing. When I am working on stuff in the database, especially skills, I often will be constantly making changes and then loading up the game to play for 5-10mins to test it out. Every week or two ill play for 20mins to an hour just to see how the overall game is coming together and to figure out what most needs work. Towards the end of development I end up playing the game for probably 30%-60% of the day to test and make balancing changes.

Artists and programmers tend to play the game less but generally everyone ends up playing here and there to test new stuff and just to see how the game is progressing. At the very end of development after content-lock artists start to play a lot since the art should be finished and we need everyone who can to playtest and help the programmers track down bugs.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:03 AM
Speaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by medierra View Post
Designers tend to play the game a lot both to test things they're working on and for general play-testing / balancing. When I am working on stuff in the database, especially skills, I often will be constantly making changes and then loading up the game to play for 5-10mins to test it out. Every week or two ill play for 20mins to an hour just to see how the overall game is coming together and to figure out what most needs work. Towards the end of development I end up playing the game for probably 30%-60% of the day to test and make balancing changes.

Artists and programmers tend to play the game less but generally everyone ends up playing here and there to test new stuff and just to see how the game is progressing. At the very end of development after content-lock artists start to play a lot since the art should be finished and we need everyone who can to playtest and help the programmers track down bugs.
May I be an artist ?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:08 AM
Initiate

That looks stunning, quite frankly. I've only been following the game very occasionally, but I was expecting a simplistic, cartoon-like art style ala Torchlight/WoW. I don't have a problem with that style at all, but this simply blows it out of the water. It's only screenshots, but it doesn't look low budget in the slightest.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #64  
Old 08-05-2010, 07:37 AM
Crate Employee - Designer

Glad you like the art direction. Although, this is a old screenshot and that area is looking even better these days.
Old 08-05-2010, 08:53 AM
Initiate

Aha understood!!!
seta r_bestNewGraphic "1" //I love the Technology

Yes Testing, this is the right path for a outstanding gameplay and leveldesign, Physik, Trigger, noclip, scipts to path entity, sometimes must be tested individually more... a mess

This is a big challenge, for Today enthusiast Gamer.
I,m Happy.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:13 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
AWESOME screenshot.

Sometimes, I wish you guys would stop tempting me with these shots man... it just gets me so anxious to play!

I think the top left is stretched from a blur effect from the grenade explosion near the zombie. (same thing happens in the Diadochi fields in TQ with the huge ballista explosions.) Though it does look a bit odd here.

As for the continually spawning... I hope so!
You just reminded me...in TQ, for some reason, even with a ATI 4870 1GB, the "valcano/Firey" effects made my game go pretty choppy. Just curious if this was the game itself or something else?

Also, the game looks very nice, as far as I'm concerned I like the art direction a bit better than D3's but I'm sure each will have their place (just as I was playing D2 and TQ:IT back and forth not too long ago.)
Old 01-10-2011, 09:38 PM
Initiate

Wow!

Seriously, im know im late to this party and all, but jeebus, this game looks freaking fantastic!

This is running full tilt 60FPS on a 5800 series?

Looks really, REALLY pretty, ordering next pay day, you guys got my $!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:15 PM
Praetorian

so we are going to see zombies like in the film "28 days later" and a few others? because I think fast zombies will be more challenging then slow and stupid ones, but if they can run and run fast, then I'm a happy bunny and with the music been dark and gritty, man oh man, what an atmosphere this game is going to have

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success
Old 03-24-2013, 06:53 PM
Acolyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by heron View Post
That pic just made d3 look like a cartoon...
not just this pic. I think most cartoons look more real then D3. so sad bc I waited so long for D3 and now I cant force myself to play it!

but thank goodness after looking at the videos I have seen and pics this game looks to be my style and im super siked to have a game to really get into and play again!!!!!!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 05:41 PM
Speaker

I can not wait..to see what is in the other side of the bridge
Closed Thread

Tags
screenshots, spawning