Old 07-10-2013, 10:24 PM
Supporter

I killed Direni and haven't gotten that far with my second character yet, wouldn't the drops on average be better because the monster level is higher?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:52 AM
Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
wouldn't the drops on average be better because the monster level is higher?
Unfortunately, drop quality difference (if any) is almost unnoticeable. And Chtonian Harbringers are definitely the hardest monsters in the game (Warden is much easier - at least you have much less probability to die at him). Due to that, I usually avoid farming DS, just do it once per character and then for my videos only.
The most effective way to get good drop are fast Warden runs stopping only for heroes you meet on the way. Warden drops the only MI presented in the game yet (his shield "... of immortality" would be godly) and you have quite a good chance for greens or blues during that run.
If you want 26-28 lvl monsters it is much easier and faster to farm Hallowed Hill.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:21 AM
Supporter

Thanks for that, I've farmed hallowed hill with my level 20 soldier a couple of times and got some okay stuff. All my blues have dropped from random mobs, not the Warden or champs!
Old 07-11-2013, 02:25 AM
Champion

Warden is cool for his MI, not blue chance However, it will take you for ages to get really great affixes - just like with MI in TQ.
And yes, I get many of my good items from regular mobs too.
Old 07-11-2013, 06:37 AM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynic View Post
HMMM not sure if I like this! I'd much prefer something like he drops a special item if you kill him. It just adds to the possibility for diversity on subsequent play throughs.

I thought it was great that you implemented C&C like this, I guess getting to the sanctuary via different means may qualify as that but it definitely detracts from the feeling of your choices mattering.
Agreed. First character that i leveled to 25 killed the traitor so i missed out on DS. No Problem; this is a direct consequence of my gungho actions.
When i discovered it with a later character i didn't kill the traitor and thereby gained access and cleared it with a lvl 18 soldier.... great fun...... was not bitter that my 25 lvl caster didn't get a shot at it at..... [TEXT=sarcasm on] oh shit now i have to level another caster to have a run at it at 25... oh no that is terrible... truly a fate worse than death......[/TEXT].
Old 07-11-2013, 06:42 AM
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grymer Morgrym View Post
Agreed. First character that i leveled to 25 killed the traitor so i missed out on DS. No Problem; this is a direct consequence of my gungho actions.
When i discovered it with a later character i didn't kill the traitor and thereby gained access and cleared it with a lvl 18 soldier.... great fun...... was not bitter that my 25 lvl caster didn't get a shot at it at..... [TEXT=sarcasm on] oh shit now i have to level another caster to have a run at it at 25... oh no that is terrible... truly a fate worse than death......[/TEXT].
Exactly. And here's the thing - you can always get access on a subsequent play through OR join a game with some one who does have access, so there are ways to get to it. I think allowing it to be accessible no matter what your choice devalues the consequences of that choice.

Edit: also, getting some kind of special item for killing him would mean that the choice has two very different consequences, I think that's much cooler.

PS - nice sig Grymer

Last edited by Cynic; 07-11-2013 at 06:45 AM.
  Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #37  
Old 07-11-2013, 12:10 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

We've just included the shocking concept of someone else out in the world, other than Direni, having a key to the sanctuary.

The consequences of your actions probably won't end with just whether you get instant access to the sanctuary or not though (I say probably because it's not yet implemented, and I don't want to be that guy who promises things that don't up in the final game).
Old 07-11-2013, 12:47 PM
Acolyte

@Zentai I'm very happy that your philosophy of work is different from D3 developers!

"Science is interesting, and if you don't agree you can f##k off." Jeremy Webb
Old 07-11-2013, 01:32 PM
Praetorian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantai View Post
We've just included the shocking concept of someone else out in the world, other than Direni, having a key to the sanctuary.
I love your little tidbits of informative sarcasm, Zantai. The concept of having more than one key sounds good!
Quote:
Originally Posted by eisprinzessin View Post
Younghappy is back - everything will be good now
Old 07-11-2013, 02:18 PM
Lord Advocate

Last edited by hooby; 07-11-2013 at 05:55 PM. Reason: image disappeared :(
Closed Thread

Tags
npcs, quests