View Single Post
  This is the last staff post in this thread.   #16  
Old 08-11-2011, 10:46 PM
Crate Employee - Designer

I'm currently designing the masteries to include 24 skills, as opposed to TQ's 20 per mastery. Also, skills tend to have more levels. Most skills in Grim Dawn have 12 or more levels with some going up to 20. All skills, regardless of their normal cap, also have an ultimate cap 10 levels higher, as opposed to TQ where the ultimate caps were generally only 4-6 levels higher than the normal cap.

Each mastery has 8 tiers at the moment but I've reserved space in the UI for a 9th tier. I may either add in 1 additional master skill to each mastery that will boost all essential stats and damage (to help boost power at very high levels) or I may save it to add in some future high-level skills in an expansion.

While the later idea of releasing additional skills sounds cool, I honestly have no idea right now, how I'd make that work since the masteries are already pretty loaded with 24 skills a piece. I think a passive "master skill" to boost power levels in the end-game could be cool though or perhaps a couple for elevating different stats.