X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

During the open beta, my main toon ended up with four (maybe five, i can't remember) rares on her that had MF on them. All of them were off SK or champ packs, except one that fell out of one of those loose stones. I'm guessing that higher level unique items and set pieces will have bigger tradeoffs between MF and killing power, but in that short and (probably abnormal) example i found that compromise wasn't necessary, at least during the SK runs lol.

Guess we'll see the best MF/high end's in the rmah for those early windforce prices... =]

As far as the easy respecs, i personally don't mind it in d3. sure, we're going to lose some of the individuality of our toons, but to be honest that was equipment driven in d2 anyways. Like anyone who's played d2 for a while remembers, you'd find some epic gear and base your next build on the requisite str/dex/or int specs for that item, and dump the rest into vit. When you found the next one after that, rinse/repeat. Reciprocal hell cows with you and your buddies allowed for the acceleration.

D3 just streamlines that process. Hopefully they make up for some of the loss in hell cows camaraderie with an inferno difficulty level so high that you'll only want to play with battle-tested friends that you trust to be watching out for your health bar too.

Is D3's easy respec system better? My personal opinion is that it's just different. I prefer a penalty for respeccing and I liked TQ's rapidly increasing gold requirement. So for toons that one can carefully build and craft, grim dawn + TL2 + the BG remake will be there to really enjoy. Of all of these games, grim dawn and its add-ons are the ones i'm most excited about.

But until then, it'll be D3 in a fortnight. If anyone else from here is playing and wants to do some runs, hit me up on a PM. I'd be glad to team up with fellow GD'ers, where we can come back to GD later on its release.

Comment

I don't think we will see alot of people with the same skill base with the free respects since there is soo many different combinations with skills, runes, passives and skill boosting items. although, I don't see it lasting as long as D2 but long enough for GD to hit alpha/beta/retail :-)
      You are now looking at a new owner of the Hoarders Edition for $250. :-)

We are that much closer now.

Comment

I in fact think we'll see more spec than in D2 regardless of the ''free respec'' for the sole reason that well there are thousands of skill combination.. and more importantly i'll use more than bonespear, maledict and corpse explode at once.. which is MORE than enough to satisfy my needs
        Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

Steam Username : Skellt

Comment

So uh, who is going to buy Diablo 3?

Comment

Already got mine preordered along with Grim Dawn and Torchlight2. Looking forward to much arpg goodness this year and beyond.
            Praise the sun!

Comment

You're a big fan of ARPGs

Comment

Haven't preordered, yet, but based on the demo "beta" it tickles my item hoarding bone just right.
                It has a comparatively huge shared bank/stash to begin with, an area in which Grim Dawn is lacking severely. (according to the few screenshots)

EDIT: Belay that.
                I just saw that they're asking 60 € for the preorder! (80 $ as of today's exchange rate)
                I can wait.
                Last edited by Gazz; 05-01-2012, 11:21 AM.
                totus vestri castrum es nostrum possessia

Comment

Originally posted by Gazz View Post
                  Haven't preordered, yet, but based on the demo "beta" it tickles my item hoarding bone just right.
                  It has a comparatively huge shared bank/stash to begin with, an area in which Grim Dawn is lacking severely. (according to the few screenshots)

EDIT: Belay that.
                  I just saw that they're asking 60 for the preorder! (80 $ as of today's exchange rate)
                  I can wait.
                  89 For me

Comment

i got the Collectors Edition pre-ordered as well with Grim Dawn. I am also getting Torchlight 2 and i am playing Path of Exile too. I love ARPGs but wished that these games could have been released at different times with bigger windows but oh well, got enough to hold me until Grim Dawn.

Comment

Originally posted by Albedoshin View Post
                      i got the Collectors Edition pre-ordered as well with Grim Dawn. I am also getting Torchlight 2 and i am playing Path of Exile too. I love ARPGs but wished that these games could have been released at different times with bigger windows but oh well, got enough to hold me until Grim Dawn.
                      How is this related this Diablo 3? o.O

Comment

I clicked on the wrong link i guess but its got a very small bit thats about D3.

Since i totally know what post im in now, What class are you guys going to be? My main is going to be the WD, Soul Harvest all the way with him and i cant see why you woulnd't want to use that skill.

Comment

Ditto on the D3 pre-order and GD KS. Also did the Banner Saga KS but that was more because they had awesome concept art than knowing how the final product will play. TL2 maybe later in the year.

Hah albed, guess we're both going wd main. oddly enough, i probably won't be building off of soul harvest during the early game. i found that i wasn't using it a lot in the weekend beta, as incredibly op as it is, since i was always out of range.

curious, what are your mouse buttons going to be initially?

Comment

hahahaha, it is actually easy to get close to the mobs to use soul harvest, this will probably change in order later on but i would use Jumping Corpse Spiders LMB, i forget the name of it but the slowing aoe with the rune to increase the slow to 80% i believe it was RMB, Horrify 1 and Soul Harvest 2. I also had the passive which redusces incomming damage.

So i would always start by running in, use the Soul Harvest, then Horrify the second after, run away a bit and chuck some spiders. once they started to come for me i would then slow them. It worked like a charm everytime

i was doing a MF build and using Sould Harvest i got my DPS around 90

Comment

Ahh, real nice -- yeah, I was guessing that you were doing either frogs or spiders on lmb. Grasp of the dead on rmb, right? i never tried the combo with horr and sh... will have to check that out. =]

i was doing splinter darts and haunt on the mouse buttons. rabid dogs and sac on the keyboard. for regular mobs, 2 or 3 haunts into the front and middle, then machine gun them so haunt would start spreading. rinse/repeat. for SK, i'd sac the dogs, then do the haunt/splinter thing on him and the skelly spawns.

Comment

Thats the skill, Grasp of the Dead. Soo many new spells to learn the names to now with the passives and runes as well xD

Although i am now leaning towards the frogs a bit more since my build is kinda an in your face cause i do have to get close to land the soul harvest and all. I think you should totally try it out cause im not sure if you knew this but the INT bonus you get increases by 2 for every level you get so thats a whole 10 points of INT per level

I only used that one build i had for the whole thing since i could deal with any situation even being naked which was tough and had a few close calls along the way XD I was also looking into the whole summonig aspect with the dogs and the gargantuan or however it is spelled but there are soo many cool skills he has that its soo hard to choose :P

Comment

Working...
                                X