HOMEGAME GUIDEMEDIAFORUMBuy Now!CRATE

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I think Blizzard will let their sales numbers do the talking, lol.
    _______
    Legendary Fan & KickStart Supporter

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Scryer View Post
      I think Blizzard will let their sales numbers do the talking, lol.
      Yeah they don't give a damn if people like it or not, they made millions already.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
        Yeah they don't give a damn if people like it or not, they made millions already.
        i dont think they actually ''don't care'' sort to speak, i dont really think any developper likes if their game is poorly received.. even if they made.. blillions.

        I think its more or less the same as it happened recently on metacritics, i think it was mass effect 3 where there was thousands of 0.

        Trolls mostly. we see this trend more often than not nowdays.

        Whatever the score is everywhere, i like it, thats what's important for me

        Also i think that the current errors are not helping reviews

        Take for instance Gamefaqs avg score from users,
        8.3

        Most places give it an avg of 8, which is fair considering the changes.

        But i think as time goes on, reviews will go higher, and the game will average about 8.5 / 9
        Last edited by Skellt; 05-15-2012, 04:38 PM.
        Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

        Steam Username : Skellt

        Comment


        • I'm watching a stream, some people play for more than 15h, and are at lvl 53 at the moment on hell. I think they wanna be first to complete inferno.
          Look into the face of the enemy, and rejoice!
          For to stand before him, to bask in his fury,
          is to tell him that you fear him not,
          and that he is within a sword-thrust of destruction.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Ragnar View Post
            I'm watching a stream, some people play for more than 15h, and are at lvl 53 at the moment on hell. I think they wanna be first to complete inferno.
            haha level 53? damn lol, they really dont care much about the story and whatnot, i personally, even though it'll take longer, will explore every bloody rock in the game :P
            Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

            Steam Username : Skellt

            Comment


            • I doubt they do it for fun. Like Athene and whatnot seem to do it for the celebrity factor and sense of achievement.
              Praise the sun!

              Comment


              • pretty much yeah, at that point they are doing it to be the first to do everything.
                I myself dont care much about that, i then prefer to take my time.

                A good recent example is Grimrock..

                I found every treasure, every secret, every note.. in one run, without guides or whatever.. but it took me 30.8h or so, according to steam.

                So even if it takes me 3 weeks to beat normal in diablo i dont care, but i'll have seen everything.
                Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

                Steam Username : Skellt

                Comment


                • I don't think it matters if the game sucks or not, if you made billions and the game is poorly received...who really loses? The developers or the consumers?

                  Obviously not the developers, they made billions.

                  Comment


                  • Well looks like they spent ther +10 years of development well. I bet the auctionhouse works perfectly...
                    Last edited by Harlequin; 05-15-2012, 05:43 PM.
                    "It may take centuries to rise but once the Ice starts moving even mountains will yield."
                    - Armant, Prophet of the Northern Empire

                    "Buying things enhances my gaming experience."

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                      Well looks like they spent ther +10 years of development well. I bet the auctionhouse works perfectly...
                      Not a single 37 error from the AH yet!! Oh wait, I haven't used it...

                      Comment


                      • I dont even have a problem with the game itself..it's just how much Activision Blizzard pisses me off. :/

                        - be always online, on release it's entirely single-player
                        - cut many features a few months before release
                        - massive hype, partly unjustified
                        - incredibly expensive games (SC2 -if you want the entire game lol-, Diablo3, Wow if you want the entire game lol)
                        - totally unproportionate develpoment times
                        - apparantly massive errors on release
                        - looks like they "dumbed down" the game. (playthrough on normal difficulty finished in less than 5 hours, was a speedrun, still reached level 30)

                        I couldnt care less about the artstyle or the AH or whatever.
                        "It may take centuries to rise but once the Ice starts moving even mountains will yield."
                        - Armant, Prophet of the Northern Empire

                        "Buying things enhances my gaming experience."

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                          - looks like they "dumbed down" the game. (playthrough on normal difficulty finished in less than 5 hours, was a speedrun, still reached level 30)
                          ^ Has it been confirmed by anyone here who has beaten it?
                          I am hearing varying times of completion, ranging from 5 hours to 10.
                          Either way that is extremely short.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by Harlequin View Post
                            I dont even have a problem with the game itself..it's just how much Activision Blizzard pisses me off. :/

                            - be always online, on release it's entirely single-player
                            - cut many features a few months before release
                            - massive hype, partly unjustified
                            - incredibly expensive games (SC2 -if you want the entire game lol-, Diablo3, Wow if you want the entire game lol)
                            - totally unproportionate develpoment times
                            - apparantly massive errors on release
                            - looks like they "dumbed down" the game. (playthrough on normal difficulty finished in less than 5 hours, was a speedrun, still reached level 30)

                            I couldnt care less about the artstyle or the AH or whatever.
                            Apparently they underestimated day 1 server load or something, massive problems for TONS of people logging in.

                            Kinda silly seeing how they had tons of people playing beta. I don't buy it, haha. Blizzard knows what they're doing, I'm guessing it was something else.

                            Comment


                            • Was D2 much longer though? My friend and I usually burn through an act or two in each sitting, and we're not hardcore by any means.
                              Praise the sun!

                              Comment


                              • I actually didn't have any problems with either lag or logging in. Ofcourse, I skipped the early hours traffic since I got D3 through mail.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X