No announcement yet.
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read somewhere the demo is supposed to be out today...so I guess we will all (those interested) get a chance to try it out

*edit*

Demo is getting very good impressions on a few forums...people seem to be really surprised at the quality of the game.
    Last edited by Renevent; 01-17-2012, 02:31 PM.
    "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

Man, joining this forum has opened my eyes to so many games!! its incredible.

Checking out youtubes, there have been multiple comments that say "Just played the Demo, buying it" posted 1 hour ago...

Their site is down to maintenance, but I am going to be getting the demo as well, this game looks amazing

Comment

Demo isn't out for PC and PS3 yet as of now. Only for 360. Waiting for the download page to be added to the site. Origin will have a download link as well I think
        Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/deathwings51

The idea is to f**k sh*t up on a level sh*t has not been f***ed before

Comment

yeah i'll def try the demo out and give you guys my impression, prolly wont be 5 pages long just like Heroes but haha i AM intrested in the game..

But i WILL wait till it is on steam, 38 studios has confirmed that they want to release it on steam as well.. i'm just not intrested in orgins and having 65 downloading softwares, i love steam, and want my game to be centralized.. shit i even launch games that arent steam releases from steam.. (wow that's alot of steam in one sentence haha).. just because it is easy and allows me to keep in touch while playing, fun and easy..

No more files browsing to find the exe and i love having an empty desktop

Originally posted by Daddys Little Helper View Post
          Man, joining this forum has opened my eyes to so many games!! its incredible.

Checking out youtubes, there have been multiple comments that say "Just played the Demo, buying it" posted 1 hour ago...

Their site is down to maintenance, but I am going to be getting the demo as well, this game looks amazing
          And glad you're liking the forums, best you can do is if you try a new game share your experience (but please use the search button since.. theres already multiple instances of many games :P)
          Last edited by Skellt; 01-17-2012, 04:48 PM.
          Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

Steam Username : Skellt

Comment

BTW, you can get $12 off the PC version if you use this code on newegg.com:

EMCNJJC73

Free 3 day shipping too.
            "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

So played the demo and by the gods it was good fun. The first boss fight really nailed it for me, definitely going to buy it. Only thing I didn't like about it is graphics and the inventory felt a bit awkward to use. Graphics glitched couple times but other than that it worked very smooth with my computer. My wait for Diablo 3 just got much easier because of this game.

Comment

any news on when the PC demo is coming out?
                Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

Comment

The pc demo is out, it has been for several hours that's what i played. You can get it atleast from origin and apparently also from steam.

Comment

Yeah at 97% downloaded as we speak

Comment

Ohhhhh YEAH hell yeah! bloody servers are too busy, gona download and try it out asap
                      Last edited by Skellt; 01-17-2012, 11:08 PM.

Comment

Loved it. Like Fable except with a much better loot/item system, better skills, and fun combat to boot.
                        Last edited by Renevent; 01-18-2012, 01:07 AM.

Comment

Alright prepare for the lenghty post
                          For those who do not feel like reading, TL : DR at the end

** Know that the following is based on the gameplay we have been provided so far, and can change according to the future changes that will be made, the demo provided was on Jan 17th 2012**

Know that, the following is my OPINION about the game and nothing more

Best way to start things of is to explain every aspect of the game right? i'll try to make it not too lenghty but hey, never know right, and i'll to make it as clear as possible, for those of you that want to ask questions feel free!

Know that went i jumped into the game my goal was to level to experience as much as possible and not delve into the story because you are only allowed 45 min of playtime as you get out of the well of souls, which isnt much but more than enough to know if you like it or not.

** i recommend everyone to try it to get their own opinions**

The Graphics / Environement
                          You may be one of those people, just like i was that felt like the graphics were.. sub par.. esp knowing all the feats that today's game pull off. I was in that clan a few hours ago,, but not anymore.
                          Know that first, the game was meant to be a MMO, thats why the graphics are MMOish, but that idea was scrapped and they are making two separate games, this single player game, and a future game which will be an MMO.. thats what we know so far.

The Graphics themselves while being so simple, fit so well together, the colors, the animations, the world itself is simply beautiful, areas that i have seen so far offer alot of variety and do not look like one another all the time.
                          Stuff is bright! haha

The animations are really polished, i personally really like them, there isnt much more to say about that other than saying that alot of them simply look amazing. they are so well made, gory while not being too gory at the same time..
                          Reckoning mode is also freaking badass

Spell effects wow.. SHINY.. they look AMAZING.. but here is where i raise my first concern.. i feel like, while being so amazing, it can have a drawback, i feel like that.. after 20-40-60h of gameplay you'll be so used to see the same animations over and over that you may feel like the game is repetitive.. while you may argue that all games are like that, i wouldnt say anything otherwise, but the things is that all animations look so amazing and UNIQUE from one another that i feel like they will become repetitive, and i only hope to be proven wrong here.

Character customization nothing in particular to say here, chars are generic and unique, tatoos, jewels, 4 races
                          Oh and btw, the character looks like a complete dumbass, never saying a word all game long ala Dragon age 1 (and yes, as i say below, i loved dragon age 1)

The world / lore
                          What do you expect from RA salvadore? really..

The story is an intresting one, not particularly unique but does seem nice, as i said, i did not explore that aspect

The lore is so well scattered and explained.. there are books, standing stones, npcs, and all share unique bits and peices of information about the world of amalur, helping the game come to life, other than saying this is one of the game strong point...

The world i guess this is really more about exploration thatn anything else.. have you ever taken a plane? yes? good.. best way i can describe the world is as a road network viewed from a plane window... The world is shaped so there are millions of normal sized areas to explore and everyone of them is linked by single roads that lead to one another, and on those roads there may or may not be any branches...good ? bad? yours to decide

The dungeons those.. so far.. are pretty damn linear, but still designed in the same way as the world.. my main CONCERN about this design is that.. if you see an area that you CAN(plenty of cool looking places that you cant set foot upon) access which looks nice, or that you want to go, even though you see it, you may not always jump down, climb or anything to reach it.. you HAVE to use the given path and eventually reach that area.. which i HATE

The combat / MISC Gameplay
                          This is where the game shines BUT you may not jump -_-

The game combat is simply amazing, it feels nice, it feels rewarding, and it feels challenging, there is nothing else to say about that !

The game offers a wide array of weapon archetypes which are *almost* all unique from one another.. you may specialize in any of them or all of them at any point, here are the wapons :
                          - Daggers sealthy beauties!
                          - Faeblades (pretty much badass looking daggers, they act the same way)
                          - Bow for.. unrivaled ranged damage! duh
                          - Longswords, hurt, at a moderate speed
                          - Hammer deal ALOT of damage S..L..O.W as fuck though
                          - Staves offer a wide array of magical effects
                          - Chakrum MAGE REALLY? WHAT DA FUCK badass

MISC Gameplay is where i include the lockpicking runes etc... i was personally was disapointed, even though the game has fun ways to implement every one of them i feel taht as you are doing them you have no visual or audio feedback... which is meh.. but not gamebreaking

Level Up and character spec you get xp by killing enemies (can get it faster in reckoning mode which you can eventually activate as you kill enemies (gages fills up)... also reckoning mode is OP)
                          upon every level up you are given 1 kind of personality point, which you can put in stuff like stealth, persuasion, mercantilc, speechcraft, lockpicking, blacksmith and so forth.
                          And you are given 3 ability point which you may spend at your leasure in any of the 3 trees, finesse, combat and magic.

Controls eumm i dunno if it is bc it is the demo, probably, because it didnt save on every power on of the game...
                          one REALLY bad thing about it is.. if you rebind keys and you have duplicate, it simply does not tell you.. yep? really
                          Other than that you can rebind what you want, and it moves pretty much as you'd expect... move camera with mouse to see where you are heading and W A S D to control where you are heading according to that camera position

Inventory yep pretty much i guess i have to get used to it, but it is no better or worse than skyrim and in fact i find this one to be even harder to browse than Skyrim's (maybe its because i spent 200h in that beauty haha)

Barrels / crates am i the only one that it do not only find it odd but also feel that it is utterly useless and annoying to see barrels everywhere that you destroy in 1 hit just to get some gold? just give me gold off the mobs.. that does not add any gameplay to the game.. shit i think it removes some because i feel the need to destroy thsoe useless things

POI to sum it up, pretty damn easy to find with a glowing gold aura around them :P, does not make the game look bad

The sound
                          Alright.. think ive been kind so far..
                          i do NOT know if it is because of my setup (which i doubt, i have tried to mess with the settings and i have a bloody 7.1 surround system with a bloody 300$ sound card)
                          The sound is AWFUL it sounds EMPTY and it is so bad that it is ruining the rest of the game.. imo

The Music itself is good.. but without it.. personally i do not feel immersed within the game
                          On the overwold, with it the music is cool and the world feels nice.. but it lasts for MAYBE 30 sec, then stops for another 10min and i have yet to find a way to loop it...
                          During combat well more like as you get into combat it lags for about a second.. not jsut the music transition, the game as well freezes for a second.. and then the music kicks in.

Sound effects
                          Here also .. the swords clashing and arrows shooting all sound weird to me.. spell effect sound nice and fun, but imo the rest is sub par

Voices ares ok, i do not know if there are alot of varieties but not so bad..
                          But you character has NO voice.. played dragon age 1? yep the one where your character looked like a zombie for 60h of gameplay? yep exactly like that (i loved dragon age 1 btw)

TL : DR / Conclusion / *Score*
                          TBH the game is fun and could mean hours and hours of gameplay and enjoyment... but personally the sound REALLY ruined it for me.. i will eventually buy the game, yes, but not at 50$
                          And to sum up the above points here are the Pros and Cons, imo..
                          And Kardiophylax below just pretty much sums up my thought about the game ha! :P

Pros
                          - Combat (variety and yadi yadi yada)
                          - Play time
                          - Visuals
                          - Environement & settings
                          - Story

Cons
                          - SOUND
                          - Map design (confined within areas and have to follow path, see the desc above somewhere)
                          - May not jump have horses (only fast travel or run)

If i'd have to give a score to the game? it'd be a 7/10 and is it a 2012 GOTY contender? even though it is early 2012, no i do not think so

Again feel free to ask any info if req!
                          Last edited by Skellt; 01-18-2012, 04:46 AM. Reason: Lenghty post :D

Comment

I played the demo for a bit and I'm pretty torn. The action/combat is quite a bit of fun. I enjoyed the different animations and attacks and the general feel of the combat. I felt a lot of other elements felt flat. I was pretty excited before, but either Skyrim has burnt me out on RPGs or the non-combat parts of the game just didn't entice me like I had thought they would.

Comment

Originally posted by Kardiophylax View Post
                              I played the demo for a bit and I'm pretty torn. The action/combat is quite a bit of fun. I enjoyed the different animations and attacks and the general feel of the combat. I felt a lot of other elements felt flat. I was pretty excited before, but either Skyrim has burnt me out on RPGs or the non-combat parts of the game just didn't entice me like I had thought they would.
                              Couldnt have said any better.. i was HYPED but.. i'm not nemore :S

But i'll have another crack at it tonight, see if my opinion changes, i will keep you guys posted in any case.

The devs did say that ''the demo is not representative of the final product'' as they ''the only way to get the game out in time was to branch off of the demo and work on the main game, so we stopped working on the demo months ago in order to get the game out'' (those my are own words of what they said but it is not biased, its really what they said)

So is it a good sign bad sign?i'll have a read on their forums see what issues they are ''adressing'' and see if it changes my buy or not
                              Last edited by Skellt; 01-18-2012, 12:02 PM.

Comment

There was issues with the sound from my experience...sometimes it didn't play on queue and other times it was sort "later"...definitely agree with that criticism. I hope that's something that's more polished in the full game.

Comment

Working...
                                X