X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew the online aspect was going to be the death of D3, for me anyway. I got to take 3 steps in the beta before it froze, and then I have not been able to log in since due to the full servers.
    Legendary Kickstarter Supporter Boxed Deluxe Edition

Comment

same, I downloaded enough to start playing, but can't login, looks like I won't even be able to give the game a try, epic fail blizzard, epic fail
      Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

Comment

I couldn't get it to work either. Don't know if it was my Internet connection or not, but regardless, this only reaffirmed my opinion that I won't be playing (buying) Diablo 3. Not because I don't want to, but because I cant.

Like I've said before, FU#% You Diablo 3...and FU#% You Blizzard !
        I am NOT going to support your hostile DRM.
        Ever since WoW, you have become twisted and loathsome.
        But that's okay, cause I still have plenty of alternatives.

It was nice knowing you, but you've gotten ugly, and I've found someone new.
        Don't bother trying to make amends, because its far too late for that and I've made up my mind.
        It's just best if we go our separate ways.
        Don't let the door hit you on the arse on your way out.

Diablo 3 pre-order CANCELLED !

Comment

I figured out that I had my username was my email adress, rather than just yerkyerk...

So, I could log in. Well, sorta, I got an error that the servers were busy or something. Here's hoping they've got their stuff fixed within the upcoming 2-3 weeks...

Comment

I hope they get it fixed within the next 2-3 HOURS! I'd like to at least try it out... I miss the days when you could actually DEMO a game before buying it. Oh, shareware, how I miss you... I want to go dig up an old Software Labs catalog from 1992 and cry.

Comment

Originally posted by yerkyerk View Post
              So, I could log in. Well, sorta, I got an error that the servers were busy or something.
              Just remember, in d3 "Checkpoint" means "safe to get dropped", run to the checkpoint, and then go back and explore the map. I had been thoroughly trying to explore stuff one time when I got dropped and it was lame to have to repeat it all again.
              Last edited by jiaco; Tomorrow at 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lyanheart View Post
                I hope they get it fixed within the next 2-3 HOURS! I'd like to at least try it out... I miss the days when you could actually DEMO a game before buying it. Oh, shareware, how I miss you... I want to go dig up an old Software Labs catalog from 1992 and cry.
                Bashiok ‏ @Bashiokr
                #D3 open beta servers are indeed down. We estimate they should be back up within the next 30 minutes.

from the community manager ^^
                Legendary order and digital deluxe edition

Comment

I figured out that I had my username was my email adress, rather than just yerkyerk...

So, I could log in. Well, sorta, I got an error that the servers were busy or something. Here's hoping they've got their stuff fixed within the upcoming 2-3 weeks...
                  I got the same message but persistence meant I eventually got in after 5 minutes or so. It seems to work better when you've actually made it into the game, I've only experienced being dropped once.

I know a lot of people consider this a demo but clearly this is a stress test. This is the company that runs the biggest MMO, so if someone knows how to make sure it'll work it's them. I think their problems could have been easily avoided if they'd opened all their servers, but that would have been counter to the stress test. They need to see what happens when their servers exceed capacity or is close to it and clearly it's far from pretty. But they have almost one month to fix those problems.
                  If the problems are there at launch, loads more people will be upset, especially those of us who think D3 requiring always online is bs.

Comment

The game is good. But I hate the fact you just level up and try out the new skill you just got, no choices to be made at all. But the combat is very tight, and it's enough to enjoy playing, even though character progression seems to be lacking for my tastes.

Graphically it looks VERY washed out and cartoonish even with maxed out settings, which I dislike a LOT. Gladly I found out about that sharpen-filter which eases a lot of that pain, it looks actually pretty nice now. The only downside using it is that it sharpens text as well, but that's a small issue for me, really, compared to pros this filter gives.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...7848172?page=1

Honestly, try it out. Probably wont appeal to everyone but after playing a lot with it, I just cant go back... It actually feels more gritty now.

Comment

Originally posted by Shinrou View Post
                      The game is good. But I hate the fact you just level up and try out the new skill you just got, no choices to be made at all. But the combat is very tight, and it's enough to enjoy playing, even though character progression seems to be lacking for my tastes.

Graphically it looks VERY washed out and cartoonish even with maxed out settings, which I dislike a LOT. Gladly I found out about that sharpen-filter which eases a lot of that pain, it looks actually pretty nice now. The only downside using it is that it sharpens text as well, but that's a small issue for me, really, compared to pros this filter gives.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/top...7848172?page=1

Honestly, try it out. Probably wont appeal to everyone but after playing a lot with it, I just cant go back... It actually feels more gritty now.

Wow, that really did the trick! Thanks a lot!!

Comment

Finally got to play for a good stretch before the server dropped me. Looks good, but seems awefully simple. I know you can't just dive right in with a new character and expect to be dazzled by awesomeness, but I guess I expected to much. I'd like to keep playing, at least to the beta level cap. Overall I still enjoy Torchlight more.

Comment

Servers down, power out, servers overloaded, servers busy, errors... I'm not having much luck it seems...

Comment

Servers down, power out, servers overloaded, servers busy, errors... I'm not having much luck it seems...
                            They are rebooting there servers right now! should be fixed in a couple of minutes, but i'm having bad luck also. Servers don't seem to handle the crowd
                            Legendary order and digital deluxe edition

Comment

Currently on my third playthrough, hanging out with different people and they are never on at the same time.

I'm still running into new things I've never seen before which is pretty neat. Just now we came across an underground Carrion Nest, those bat hive things from Diablo2. We've also found a couple of randomly spawned events which would appear in our mission log. One of them started a multi-wave horde mode that we had to survive, with unique UI elements such as a countdown timer and wave indicator.

The server stability issues are definitely concerning. I'm totally fine with DRM as long as it "just works" and doesn't compromise my experience, and so far I would definitely consider my experience compromised - especially when you consider trying to get a 3-player game together of working adults who can only spare an hour or two a day, and the servers are down just then.

I'm not willing to give them the "it's just beta, release will be better". I feel it's much more of a cleverly named demo which let's them get away with issues like these. I'd be surprised if none of these issues repeat on launch.
                              Last edited by Roros; 04-21-2012, 07:34 PM.
                              Praise the sun!

Comment

Originally posted by Roros View Post
                                I'm not willing to give them the "it's just beta, release will be better". I feel it's much more of a cleverly named demo which let's them get away with issues like these. I'd be surprised if none of these issues repeat on launch.
                                The game itself is probably in much better shape than when anyone else names something a beta. However this weekend wasn't really beta testing it was stress testing of servers. Server instability was the entire purpose of the weekend. That's why us poor Europeans had to connect to US servers, well that and the EU servers might not be running at all yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X