X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buttstroking

I just learned that the military term for melee combat involving the butt of a rifle is called ... buttstroking...

Lol, if I was a soldier and I had to buttstroke an enemy combatant, I would probably die laughing (literally, I would probably be killed while laughing).

I am totally adding a buttstroking skill to the game.

Lol that is hilarious. it would be great to "buttstroke" some zombies to death!
    legendary fan

it is better to die for the emperor then to live for your self.

Comment

Buttstroke eh?.... I always used that term for something else...

Comment

And the combat log will show:
        You buttstroke a zombie with a devastating blow dealing XXX damage

Comment

hopefully not XXX damage, as that would put the games rating into the Adult section.
          ...and the necrophile
          Legendary Fan Edition Owner.
          1st game Alpha and Beta access
          I'm Grim Dawn - And I'm Proud of It

Comment

Hey don't laugh! In basic training I did plenty of buttstroking practice
            "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

That's funny, for years i've always dreamt of buttstroking a man in uniform. Maybe this means ill get my chance ^.^

Where do I sign up for legendary? >.>
              http://www.furaffinity.net/user/zidders/
              "Shared pain is lessened.Shared joy is increased.Thus we refute entropy."
              -Spider Robinson

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
                I just learned that the military term for melee combat involving the butt of a rifle is called ... buttstroking...
                You know I have to ask... how exactly did you learn this? Were you googling buttstroking??
                "No Turtles" was just the weirdest request I had ever seen, so I had to do something in the spirit of that.

Comment

Yeah, it's all fun & games until you are the one who gets "buttstroked"....
                  Then it's no longer funny.
                  Well, actually it still is kinda funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Coridan View Post
                    You know I have to ask... how exactly did you learn this? Were you googling buttstroking??
                    If I'd already known the term, I wouldn't have had to do a search to find out about it.

I was trying to figure out what the term was for hitting an enemy with the butt of a rifle. I knew about pistol whipping and figured there must be some similar term that was used for melee when the gun wasn't a pistol. You can imagine how such an action might be applicable to a game with rifles and zombies.

Thus - buttstroking was discovered...

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
                      If I'd already known the term, I wouldn't have had to do a search to find out about it.

I was trying to figure out what the term was for hitting an enemy with the butt of a rifle. I knew about pistol whipping and figured there must be some similar term that was used for melee when the gun wasn't a pistol.

Thus - buttstroking was discovered...
                      You sure it's not buttstriking? That would make more sense to me, and also be humorous.
                      "No Turtles" was just the weirdest request I had ever seen, so I had to do something in the spirit of that.

Comment

Wow, if ever I needed a laugh for the day that was definitely it!

Soul
                        GD Defiler test version has been released!
                        This is NOT yet compatible with Build 18+ character files!
                        http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9343

I hate when people quote themselves in their signature. -me

Comment

Originally posted by Coridan View Post
                          You sure it's not buttstriking? That would make more sense to me, and also be humorous.
                          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buttstroke

Comment

Originally posted by ASYLUM101 View Post
                            Wow, this effectively gives Medierra the step-by-step animations for the technique as well.

TECHNOmancer
                            "We already know Crate has talented people as well...do we need to pretend Blizzard has a bunch of monkeys sitting around slapping keyboards to appreciate what Crate is doing with Grim Dawn?" -- Renevent

"There seems to be a distinct lack of appreciation of what it takes to create something." -- Renevent

Comment

so is it actualy gonna be a skill?
                              legendary fan

it is better to die for the emperor then to live for your self.

Comment

Working...
                              X