X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diablo 3 official forums

So I've recently spent some time on Diablo 3's forum since I got into the beta and my god is that forum just filled to the brim with foul mouthed foaming at the mouth sycophants. Almost every other comment is basically how stupid the person above them is. Even the well laid out posts are riddled with insults to anyone who might have the nerve to disagree with their impervious logic.

I don't remember the last time I really spent any time on those forums but I swear it wasn't the cesspool it is now. Maybe it was, and that's why subconciously I stopped going there lol.
    "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

heh I grabbed these couple of screens when D3 was first announced. Good times.

http://scrap.5elements.net/blizforums.jpg
    http://scrap.5elements.net/blizforums2.jpg
    Praise the sun!

Comment

Holy crap lol...
      "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

I have some fears this forum will also not be the nicest place to be around shortly after the game's released, but that'll be temporary and not nearly as bad as the Bliz forums, heh.

Comment

Thanx Roros - you made my day.

Comment

Smaller community is generally nicer. Take MXL forums: Things can get nasty there but usually logic prevails.

And @ those screenes.. LMAOZHEDONG.
            It may also be surprising to know that some players prefer different play-styles.
            It is not censorship, it is called Whack a mole.
            I guess it only makes sense for Ghosts'n Goblins to go online. I mean, online is the current realm of people running around in their underwear, and Ghosts'n Goblins pretty much invented running around in your underwear.

Comment

there will always be haters and fanboys, or those that just want to stir up trouble regardless on which side of the fence they are on

its possible these forums could get nasty, but we have decent people here, and in my travels I seen worse forums

but yes smaller forums are generally nicer
              Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

Comment

those spammers, lol.
                well now you need a battle.net account to post and access to beta to post in those sections.
                much cleaner now but yes the kids are still lurking.

Patron key holder
                Need a GrimDawn Avatar?!
                http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834

Comment

I don't understand, are there any moderatos there,why do they allow it?Is it maybe if they start banning people there would be almos no members left?
                  Look into the face of the enemy, and rejoice!
                  For to stand before him, to bask in his fury,
                  is to tell him that you fear him not,
                  and that he is within a sword-thrust of destruction.

Comment

They have to make money some how: Exclusive club means nothing anymore.
                    It may also be surprising to know that some players prefer different play-styles.
                    It is not censorship, it is called Whack a mole.
                    I guess it only makes sense for Ghosts'n Goblins to go online. I mean, online is the current realm of people running around in their underwear, and Ghosts'n Goblins pretty much invented running around in your underwear.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragnar View Post
                      I don't understand, are there any moderatos there,why do they allow it?Is it maybe if they start banning people there would be almos no members left?
                      I always wondered that, but I've seen that kind of troll behaviour on almost every, if not all, high activity boards I visited. Moderators generally don't act. Smaller communities like this one tend to manage themselves.

Comment

Good grief (hah, no pun intended)... It is so disheartening to think that if we ever achieve any significant level of success, we'll likely have to deal with this sort of thing as well. It is hard enough just working to make great games in such a competitive industry let alone having to deal with all the unnecessary extra work of trying to prevent people from acting like jerks and ruining it for everyone else.

Comment

Yeah, it's an odd thing. I often wonder about the exact motivation for people who set out to convince everyone that the game is bad. It's something to do with "I am so above people who like this" which isn't an uncommon thing to see when people argue about things they like, but it's still hard to wrap my head around it.

What really takes the cake for me are people who hate the game, are hellbent on 'converting' everyone who thinks it's good, but they still play it and hang out on the forums every day for weeks, months, and even years. You usually see these in mmo's, but also sometimes in competitive games. Not being able to understand their motivation is one thing, but what tops it off for me is how common it is and how similar the train of thought seems to be between all of those individuals.
                          Praise the sun!

Comment

How about the posters who think they're so important that they need to inform everyone they'll leave because the game sucks so hard (and ofcourse, they don't ever really leave - and if they do, they won't shed a word).

Anyway, no need to worry about that here, it's all quiet on the western front

Comment

Actually, right now by far the most offensive people on that forum are those trying to convince everyone the game is good. Any criticism is met with name calling and claiming that person is a moron.

Not to say that the vitriol doesn't exist on the other end of the spectrum though...it does heh.
                              Last edited by Renevent; 02-03-2012, 09:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X