X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Shocked...

As an electrician i get jolts of electricity in my hands from time to time, mostly when i'm tired at work.

But today was ridiculous I got zapped 6 times from not giving a shit and dosing off on.

It doesn't hurt, it just feels weird.
    120v. & 240v. is what i got hit with.

after i get hit I get so pissed you can't even imagine, i don't know why but i just do.

FUCK BEING TIRED AT WORK!
    Currently playing:
    MW3(ps3),Skyrim,Rune Factory 3,Pokemon Black

Games I will forever play:
    Titan Quest: IT,Minecraft,Terraria

Hah hah - Better be more careful at work! Sounds kinda dangerous.

At least you were probably wide awake afterwards... ? ( If getting zapped has that kind of effect, maybe we should consider donating a cattle prod or something to the Crate team. :P )

Comment

Its more dangerous if you let the wires short circuit and the sparks scorch your skin than to get little jolts like that.

you should try it sometime. its more scary than anything at first.

I like grabbing other people that are working by the leg and touch the black wire if they are touching metal from framework.

Kinda makes you feel like you have superpowers DD
      Currently playing:

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Morningside View Post
        ( If getting zapped has that kind of effect, maybe we should consider donating a cattle prod or something to the Crate team. :P )
        Genius is genius.
        Currently playing:

Comment

I've been shocked pretty good in my life...once it was pretty bad actually. I used own a Honda Odyssey (old school go-kart)...basically the kill switch stopped working and I had to stop it by yanking the spark plug cover off. I guess one of the times I tried some metal was exposed and when I yanked it off the power generated by the engine was transferred into me. Shocked the shit out of me and I couldn't let go into the engine winded down. Holy crap!

Anyways to this day I don't like messing with anything electrical lol
          "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

i work with electricity everyday so getting a shock once in a while is something that just happens, though 6 times a day thats hard to beat :P

thers a friend of mine though which was lucky as hell..

He was repairing something within a 2k volt transformer, he had locked everything needed so nobody puts the electricity back on...

But some smartass actually cut the lock (since it was the 1st time he saw it) and put electricity back on..

He took 2k volt in his right ear and out of his left hips.. thankfully it was that way he only got scared and a few minor burns.. if it had been left ear to right hips.. he'd still be there, right through the heart
            Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

Steam Username : Skellt

Comment

Thanks God I've never got shocked in my life. I think this is the last thing I want to do in my life.

Comment

With dry hands and if the path is not across the chest, shocks can be not so bad.

I would be wary in wet conditions or if you are touching ground with your other hand.

The 60hz cycle is not too nice for the heart either -- when it is in path.

Comment

Originally posted by Fizzics View Post
                  Thanks God I've never got shocked in my life. I think this is the last thing I want to do in my life.
                  Its really not that bad. it feels like you vibrate is all. there really is no pain afterwards.
                  Currently playing:

Comment

Originally posted by Skellt View Post
                    i work with electricity everyday so getting a shock once in a while is something that just happens, though 6 times a day thats hard to beat :P

thers a friend of mine though which was lucky as hell..

He was repairing something within a 2k volt transformer, he had locked everything needed so nobody puts the electricity back on...

But some smartass actually cut the lock (since it was the 1st time he saw it) and put electricity back on..

He took 2k volt in his right ear and out of his left hips.. thankfully it was that way he only got scared and a few minor burns.. if it had been left ear to right hips.. he'd still be there, right through the heart
                    Reminds me of a friend of mine. at the end of the day some transformer blew up and he came to my house bald from the face and arms. ... I loled..
                    Currently playing:

Comment

i'm also constantly meddling with electricity, and sometimes, and i remember the somewhat numb feeling you get, although i never went to extremes.

one guy i know was not so lucky. in fact he was a technician, had spent last 30 yrs or so working on them, and once when repairing the TV at his home, some days after he got married, he was blasted away. no one knew what went wrong, but he made it a clear evidence.

still i can't help it...

Comment

well its actually easy to explain.

Those old tvs have HUGE capacitors that store electricity up to 10 - 15k volts in order to power the tube, which actually creates images.

When repairing those tvs they NEED to be drained, or you'll be.. blasted away..

Its not really dangerous as the Current within them is really REALLY low

but you'll be feeling numb thats for sure
                        Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

Steam Username : Skellt

Comment

Working...
                        X