Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dishonored

Hey guys,

I wrote about this game in a connection with E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy last year, it is still being worked on and looks pretty solid from the last dev commentary video.

Check it out HERE.

We have seen almost all of this already, but it looks like a proper mix of all the good titles in one game, which I like. =)
    --TQ:IT Death Effects Mod maker (DEM), Former ASYLUMSMOD, Masteries & Krater(alpha) Tester, Masteries Calculator maker--

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support

i did notice the game a few months back when the hub on gameinformer was created...

Though the info seemed to flow early on and then stopped.. so i stopped caring until some more info popped up.

Point being, game looks nice, but i'll wait more until more info gets released once again!
    Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

Steam Username : Skellt

Comment

can't exactly tell why but somehow i'm having confidence in what arkane studios have in mind with dishonored.

oh and i love e.y.e divine cybermancy.

Comment

well there has been a few news here and there about this game..

but i ought to admit, while at first i was uninterested about it.. those videos look... amazing.. and well.. i really am looking foward to the game !
        Currently playing : The Pit : Sword of the stars / Dota 2 / Don't Starve / Age of Empires 2 : Forgotten Empires / Dishonored / Antichamber

Steam Username : Skellt

Comment

At first I was skeptical about the game, then I watched the videos where they do the same level two different ways. Both seemed viable, interesting and fun. I also like the game's style and plot, so it's going to be a definite buy for me now (though probably not day one because I am poor.)
          Played Recently: Super Meat Boy, Just Cause 2, Fallout: New Vegas

Comment

So, anyone interested in this one? Seems like a dead topic here..

The game is out as of today.

One of our local reviewers gave it 10/10....

And looks like not just our locals like it:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/di...critic-reviews

(yeah, I know, I know, metacritic...there are also "professional" reviews though, not just users')
            Last edited by i.n.s.a.n.e; 10-12-2012, 05:54 AM.
            --TQ:IT Death Effects Mod maker (DEM), Former ASYLUMSMOD, Masteries & Krater(alpha) Tester, Masteries Calculator maker--

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Comment

Interested, yea. Read some solid previews about it, interesting setting, new IP, lots of possibilities. Going to buy it? No, too expensive, already preordered two games this year plus a ton of stuff on offer. My backlog is evergrowing. I do plan to get this once I get a good bargain on it though.

Comment

Originally posted by yerkyerk View Post
                Going to buy it? No, too expensive, already preordered two games this year plus a ton of stuff on offer. My backlog is evergrowing. I do plan to get this once I get a good bargain on it though.
                Yeah, will do the same I guess.

The only thing I might yet to buy this year is the new XCOM (depends on how desperate I am to play it though, but the need is increasing quickly, haha)

Comment

Originally posted by i.n.s.a.n.e View Post
                  Yeah, will do the same I guess.

The only thing I might yet to buy this year is the new XCOM (depends on how desperate I am to play it though, but the need is increasing quickly, haha)
                  X-Com, Darksiders II, Dishonored, Torchlight II, Dark Souls...

There's only so many titles I can buy new, for this year they were Diablo 3 (meh), Orcs Must Die 2 (yay!) and Borderlands 2 (yay!). I'm not just limited by budget reasons, there's also only so much time to play. By the time I'm able to play the games I've been eyeballing, they've definitely been on discount. I've had that before, it's a bit of a shame and my wallet does not forgive, and does not forget.

Comment

Just gave it a short try. Controls are slow and "heavy". Need to spend quite some time in the menu to set everything up. But that won't stop me from playing it as soon as BL2 is completed. I also have time issues with the many games suddenly being released.
                    Mentally absent

Comment

Originally posted by Gibly View Post
                      Just gave it a short try. Controls are slow and "heavy". Need to spend quite some time in the menu to set everything up. But that won't stop me from playing it as soon as BL2 is completed.
                      Cool, let us know as soon as you get to it! I want to know some info about the game from people I trust more than some bribed reviewers. =))

Comment

By the time I get around playing it you'll probably already completed the game :P
                        Mentally absent

Comment

I received it as a gift from my girlfriend,gonna download from steam today,give it a try then write some line for the interested people here

Comment

Originally posted by i.n.s.a.n.e View Post
                            Cool, let us know as soon as you get to it! I want to know some info about the game from people I trust more than some bribed reviewers. =))
                            I played it a couple of hours last night. Finished the intro and first two missions.
                            http://www.youtube.com/sabazel

Instead of the PC controls I plugged in my xbox controller. Plays so much smoother then the regular PC controls. My GFX-card is getting old. Had to put everything between medium/high settings. Still the game looks pretty good.

So far the game is good. A combination of Bioshock's Plasmids, Thief in a decaying world with some Half Life 2 elements here and there. I even seen some mechanics from Commando's. The top down game where you had to wait patiently to find a gap between the patrols line of sight to sneak past them. So far it looks like it has all the best game mechanics from each of those games. Allowing you a lot of different options on how to solve situations.

Your choices at first are mild. Do you sneak up and knock someone out. Do you sneak up to take their life. Will you run through guns blazing. Will you use sleeping darts. Will you use wires to hack into security systems. And those are just options you have available in the first two missions. Just wonder what you get further into the game when you can use a lot more different powers. Although running through guns blazing isn't really viable. Even when carefully sneaking around I still lost health quickly. So you need skill of your own which is refreshing compared to the majority of games these days.

The skill system looks pretty simple, but having to use a beating heart to find the runes which upgrade your skills or allow you to use new skills of your choice is done pretty cool.

This is definitely a game worth buying.
                            Mentally absent

Comment

I tried the game,it's awesome...it reminds me of deus ex human revolution and return to castle wolfenstein....open areas where you can study your strategy,secondary missions,hidden object and a variety of abilities to stimulate your imagination.The combat is fast paced and very enjoyable.
                              Keyboard controls are a little confusing,maybe i'll try with the controller as gibly suggests.
                              I hate first person games,only few attracted me,like deus ex and bulletstorm...well,now dishonored has earned that place too

Comment

Working...
                              X