• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [New arpg] Krater

Introduction trailer HERE.

Their site HERE.

The game should have some nice features:

- crafting
    - player's decisions impact on leveling, skills, resistances, etc.
    - post-apocalyptic and unique environment
    - if I understand right, control of a 3-characters party at the same time

It looks promising, reminds me of a few good games and movies. =)

EDIT: Sorry for the Czech site of the first video, I am too lazy to find it elsewhere..it is clean gaming site, do not worry about viruses, etc. I hope everyone understands how the play button looks like, heh. =)
    Last edited by i.n.s.a.n.e; 01-11-2012, 05:23 AM. Reason: video source clarification; fixed URL for their site (no idea why it did not work before..)
    --TQ:IT Death Effects Mod maker (DEM), Former ASYLUMSMOD, Masteries & Krater(alpha) Tester, Masteries Calculator maker--

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Best music label of all times: www.g7welcomingcommittee.com/

"Boxed Deluxe Edition" support

Sounds really cool!

Comment

Sounds to me like one of Older Fallout games 1+2 and tactics
      i wouldnt call it arpg but there we go again with the discoussion +there arent enough infos about it yet to say it gonna be actully

Comment

Looks interesting. Will have to keep my eye on it.
        Legendary Key holder since May, 2011.

Grim Dawn... sounds like an evil dish soap.

Comment

looks interesting, will keep an eye on it
          Legendary key holder since 20/12/2010

Co-op Digital Deluxe Bundle supporter I hope GD is a success

Comment

Sorry for necro-ing this but I'm hugely interested in this one too
            Steam profile: http://steamcommunity.com/id/deathwings51

The idea is to f**k sh*t up on a level sh*t has not been f***ed before

Comment

Looks like they are nearing some kind of public beta...sign up I did
              "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

Sent my tester email in too!

So these are the guys who did Hamilton's Great Adventure which I enjoy loading up every once in a while.

(shameless advert: I have an extra copy of Hamilton's if anybody wants to trade for it.)
                AMD Phenom X4 975 3.6//ASUS M3A78-T//8GB DDR2-1066 RAM//GTX 660//Asus Xonar D2X//Crucial C300 64GB SSD//Windows 7 x64//Alpha Tester

Comment

Looks good. Gonna have to keep my eyes on this one.

Also did anyone else when they watched the vid think that he sounded like dieter from "sprockets" the sketch on saturday night live staring Mike Myers.
                  Oppa is Gangnam style!
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Comment

Originally posted by Rainier Wolfcastle View Post
                    Looks good. Gonna have to keep my eyes on this one.

Also did anyone else when they watched the vid think that he sounded like dieter from "sprockets" the sketch on saturday night live staring Mike Myers.
                    No mention of monkeys, or invitations to touch them.
                    AMD Phenom X4 975 3.6//ASUS M3A78-T//8GB DDR2-1066 RAM//GTX 660//Asus Xonar D2X//Crucial C300 64GB SSD//Windows 7 x64//Alpha Tester

Comment

Joined the beta as well..well, I hope so at least. The joining process is kinda wierd, but whatever. =))
                      --TQ:IT Death Effects Mod maker (DEM), Former ASYLUMSMOD, Masteries & Krater(alpha) Tester, Masteries Calculator maker--

Thorough GD info here: www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?p=71628&postcount=1

Comment

thanks for finding this game, i feel its the same as grim dawn with low publicity,we need to get these ARPG out there...
                        The Above Message falls into one of the following categories:
                        Reply - a short message that is aimed at a specific individual
                        Idea - a Suggestion of something that can be done or implemented.
                        Opinion - if it it can be seen and discussed from many viewpoints, its an opinion.
                        Fact - There are legitimate Sources in the Post
                        Flamming - You have misread the message, please read again.

Legendary edition

Comment

Originally posted by Kirii View Post
                          No mention of monkeys, or invitations to touch them.
                          I know i was disappointed too.
                          Oppa is Gangnam style!
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bZkp7q19f0

Comment

New trailer revealing the gameplay has been released. Check it HERE.

I have mixed feelings about it..The world seems pretty well designed, graphics in general looks nice, but it looks quite different from other rpgs of that kind (the view, hope there will be zoom or something). Well, we'll see. =)

Also, alpha testing has started, and you can still join the testing if I remember correctly. There is also a recruit friend feature so if you have friends who want to test the alpha as well, one of you should use the RF feature to have VIP status.
                            Last edited by i.n.s.a.n.e; 02-06-2012, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Have received the confirmation that I am part of the testing effort , but since I registered late,I will probably end up in second or third wave of testing since they plan on adding players progressively to test stability and so forth

That game really gives me high hopes too,and if I was to choose three games to play on a deserted Island I would bet on Grim Dawn,Guild Wars 2,Krater, Grimrock,The Secred World ... oh damn we are slowly entering such great times for the ARPG MMROPG and CRPG genre that I would die if I had to restrict myself to three games on a deserted island (and what about all the classics that I couldn't replay anymore :P )

Comment

Working...
                              X