X
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally took the plunge and boy does it feel good!

So I've been lurking on the boards, posting here and there for a bit, but never officially said hi. So, uh.... hi!

Anyway, I finally took the plunge and snatched up a legendary key. It was only a matter of time, I just couldn't resist since the folks behind Crate created my favorite ARPG of all time. My mission now has changed from convincing myself to convincing my friends to give Grim Dawn a shot. I just need to get them away from their MMOs long enough to do so...

Just so people know where I'm coming from, I'll give a brief synopsis of my gaming life.
    I've been a gamer since the early/mid eighties starting on a Atari and Commodore 64. Then I progressed to Amiga 500 and NES. Then I got into a 286, 386, 486, and so on so forth. I even got to play on my friends Tandy and my relatives Radio Shack TRS-80 (go go ascii games!). Some of my favorite games during those early years were Legacy of the Ancients, the D&D Gold Box Games, Ultima IV, Mail Order Monsters, Archon, Civilization 1, Master of Orion 1 and 2, and a whole host of others.

Since the original Diablo released, I've loved the flow of ARPG games. While I also love strategy and more typical RPGs, ARPGs are the best for my responsibility ridden adult lifestyle now. They offer a lot of entertainment and can generally be picked up and put down as needed. I don't need to coordinate with 10+ other people to try and improve my gear/character, and I don't need to prove how awesome I am to anyone else to be able to play with them. I've spent several years sucked into MMO WOWville by my coworkers and the elitist and devolved society there has finally turned me away for good.

When I'm not playing games, I sometimes enjoy making mods. I hope Grim Dawn will allow me some opportunity to do so. I don't generally undertake small mods. I was the main designer and programmer for the mod called Chronicles of Talera for Mount & Blade. I never finished it, the mod engine was too limiting and frustrated me, but I got to learn Python and over 80,000 people downloaded and played what I created. It was a lot of fun and cost me about six months of my life.

Yeah... I said this would be brief. In closing, I want to say I have a great amount of faith in Crate and Grim Dawn. If I didn't, I wouldn't have forked out the dough for it. I recommend anyone else on the fence do so and don't look back. Now, I'm looking forward to testing time. Thanks guys.

Looking for another addiction I see, haha.
    Welcome aboard and strap yourself tight, it's going to be one hell of a ride.

Patron key holder
    Need a GrimDawn Avatar?!
    http://www.grimdawn.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834

Comment

Hello Kardiophylax ,
      I started Gaming with pong, skipped the pc gaming thing till my D&D geek younger brother forced Diablo I on me, I had it for almost a year before i broke down and played. Needless to say i was hooked, then i started building my own computers just to play games, couldn't wait for the next game that would make me build an new one, my last pc i built was just to play TQ( It still ran in slow motion sometimes, even with SLI, quad core, & raptor hd, go figure), So anyway, welcome aboard.

Comment

Hey man, thanks for your support! Pool of Radiance Goldbox FTW!

Comment

Originally posted by Kardiophylax View Post
          So I've been lurking on the boards, posting here and there for a bit, but never officially said hi. So, uh.... hi!
          hiiiiiii

When I'm not playing games, I sometimes enjoy making mods. I hope Grim Dawn will allow me some opportunity to do so. I don't generally undertake small mods. I was the main designer and programmer for the mod called Chronicles of Talera for Mount & Blade. I never finished it, the mod engine was too limiting and frustrated me, but I got to learn Python and over 80,000 people downloaded and played what I created. It was a lot of fun and cost me about six months of my life.
          Sweet, I'm hoping for modding capabilities too. Once I beat a game several times over, I try and rape the engine to see how far I can push it(and myself) and make my own TC.

Comment

the folks behind Crate created my favorite ARPG of all time.
            Not of all time ...

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
              Hey man, thanks for your support! Pool of Radiance Goldbox FTW!
              This was my first PC RPG...what a great game! Loved the gold box games, actually most RPG's from SSI (rip).
              "I've always felt that a person's intelligence is directly reflected by the number of conflicting points of view he can entertain simultaneously on the same topic."

Comment

Thanks all. Glad to see I share some common gaming interests with others beyond the ARPG genre. Looking forward to sharing the GD experience with you.

Comment

Big hello to you. GD is looking to be awesome and I am excited as well.
                  Early adopter Legendary Contributor/Supporter.

"Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from a religious conviction"~ Blaise Pascal

“Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.” ~ Italian proverb

Comment

Working...
                  X