X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screenshots - Burrwitch and the Hidden Laboratory

Among other things, I've recently been working towards a final layout and polishing up content for the first couple hours of the game. Burrwitch Village has been moved further out, so it is a bit more of a jaunt to get there, with dynamic barriers randomizing the river crossing locations. Burrwitch has also gotten bigger and something sinister has been going on beneath it.

The shots show an overrun Burrwitch (why, what manner of weapon is that character holding?!) and... "The Hidden Laboratory," which is still in development.

2hnd crossbows? sweet?
    Steam alpha counter: 39h
    GD chars made: lost count

Comment

Looking great!

I like how the subtle lighting from the ceiling on the floor - looks to be a giant gear for ventilation? Does that cause the shadow to spin?

Great stuff!

============
      Loyalist
      ============

Comment

Wow guys, looking good. The laboratory looks freaky as!

Comment

No, it's a potato peeler - huzzah

The art of the laboratory already looks very sinister. I also like the lighting from above with the shadow of the dome's archs.

Comment

Looks Great !! Can't wait ! But take your time to make it so Nice as possible !!

Comment

Those look great! I really like the subtle lighting as well. Not sure if it would fit the atmosphere or not (I keep going back and fourth) but a Jacob's ladder would be cool in there. You see them a lot in old horror movies.

Comment

Originally posted by medierra View Post
                (why, what manner of weapon is that character holding?!)

Now imagining the following sequence:
                *TWANG* *THUD* *zombie goes flying backwards*

Originally posted by Detective View Post
                I like how the subtle lighting from the ceiling on the floor - looks to be a giant gear for ventilation?
                I think that shadow is being cast from the chandelier hanging from the ceiling - in the screenshot, look a bit to the left of the top of the tank the character is facing.
                Digital Collector's Edition + Expansion

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
                Intel Core i7 4770, cooled by Zalman CNPS9700LED
                Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3, 1866MHz @ 9-10-9-27
                Gigabyte GA-Z87-HD3
                Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 OC 4GB

Comment

Yes, the chandelier makes perfect sense .. except for where does the light come to cast such a shadow? Oh, I am nitpicking, while it is still in development.

Comment

That laboratory looks creepy as! We're not going to have to fight a mad scientist boss/miniboss in there are we?
                    Last edited by Younghappy; 04-13-2013, 02:24 PM.
                    [KS] Digital Collector's Edition + Expansion
                    I wanted that massively stylish George Washington in-game powdered wig

Salute of the Fallen HC Player
                    Yet there is beauty in death! Ave, Grim Dawn, morituri te salutant!

Comment

Love the laboratory! I hope the corpse filled chambers are breakable?
                      Cavar
                      Legendary Key Holder since February 2010

Kickstarter Contributor - Hoarder's Edition - 5/2/2012

Comment

Lab looks good. Josh likes lab. Josh wants to work in lab like that. Josh's lab looks boring in comparison.

You really nailed the whole Victorian era lab. It looks perfect, takes me right back to the movies. One thing I'd like to see is antiquated cold storage for cadavers on the wall, like a morgue. Some can hold loot, some can hold bodies that aren't quite dead... Of course, that would be fairly specific art assets and programming which may be better directed elsewhere.

Thank you for the update!

Comment

This looks great! See? Periodic updates like this keep the GD-thirsty masses in check.

I really dig the lab. It reminds me of that epic eerie feeling I got when I was just a young 'un playing Rings of Power on the Genesis and I got to the hidden Necromancer Lab outside of Blood... but I digress.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

I <3 those pants.
                            Love the smileys.

Comment

Big fan of the lab as well!

Comment

Working...
                              X